8 hours ago, Niels said:

Hasegawa is re-releasing their 1/48 F-16D with South Korean AF markings this fall. Believe release is August-September-ish. 

Wow I thought Hasegawa had finally retired these molds. Their last F-16 kit in 1/48 was released 5 years ago in 2017. This is definitely a surprise. 

44 minutes ago, Paul Boyer said:

Somebody please see if you can get the FS numbers for the paint used on the real jet - or maybe make model-paint recommendations.

The South Korean jets? FS36320 over FS36375

1 hour ago, Paul Boyer said:

Sorry. I should have 'splained it better: The FS paint numbers for the F-16D MiG-25 killer commemorative scheme.

The colors are FS33448 and FS33711.

There we go. Thanks, Kursad! If you consider doing this one, please also consider doing the markings of the jet at the time of the encounter. I think I have an art print from Lockheed around here somewhere  . . . . 🤔 Oh, and in 1/72 scale, please!

Edited by Paul Boyer
2 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

.... If you consider doing this one, please also consider doing the markings of the jet at the time of the encounter. I think I have an art print from Lockheed around here somewhere  . . . . 🤔 Oh, and in 1/72 scale, please!

Not to kill any more baby seals, but 90-0778 has been done in 1/48 by at least two other decal companies.  I'm unaware of it being done in 1/72 though.

Been a while since I proposed anything, but have a couple of suggestions; 

• F/A-18A/B/C/D from VMFA-112; line jets and special markings available, and plenty of references available online 
  • F-16A/B/C/D Pakistani AF; old sheet has sold out since long and the markings for each of the units (A/B MLU) have been updated since then. Could potentially include some of the IAF killers from recent skrimishes too? And with Kinetic coming with a new tool F-16A MLU 🙂
  • F-16A/B USAFE - 80's marking options for 50TFW/10TFS/313TFS/496TFS, 401TFW/612TFS/613TFS/614TFS, to go with the old Hawegawa F-16A/B or new Kinetic F-16A. Line jets and special markings for anyone's enjoyment. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, achterkirch said:

For when you make that CMV-22B sheet.  I think this is the first time I seen one with a full color tail.  

So they have finally painted one with colorful unit markings - I will quickly do this one when we can have some clarity on the enlarged sponson parts.

It's a long shot given the economics of subject, kit and existing decals...but would love proper decals for the 1/48 F-16XL 2-seater Ferris scheme. The ones in the Kinetic kit while appearing good in shape and completeness are printed awfully with ghosted multi-tones and bad colour shades. I'm worried they will spoil the cool scheme. It's strange as the earlier released single-seater markings are great quality (different printer it seems).

I can probably replace some such as the stars and bars with spares but a lot of the stencils are unique shades of grey for that jet and I may have to just paint some stencil shapes without text 😞

What about a general F-35A serial number sheet, carrying individual serials for RNLAF, RNoAF, USAF and IDF/AF specific numbers? Would fit nicely into the CDB series me thinks 😉

I would really like if you could make the F-104 319 FIS they where in ADC grey and where stationed here during the cuban missile crisis here at Homestead AB. The other I just bought your cd72065 U-2 sheet for my next build is it offerded in 1/48?

On 8/13/2022 at 6:37 AM, sierrascale said:

1/48 Northrop Scorpions, F-89C, D and J, are needed, as what's currently available is hard to find, inaccurate (Super Scale, of course) and expensive. AND, you can downsize them for the Revell and Hobbycraft 1/72 kits.

I agree, along with some H models if possible.  Even ANG birds would be great!