42 minutes ago, Drifterdon said:

Any thought about doing up markings for USAF/ANG F-84F's.   I know you did the decals for the photo recon RF-84 but what about for the fighter bomber version...

Don't bother him with F-84's at this time...he is too busy working on the Flight Test S-3A/B 1/72-1/48 sheets (I think).

Cheers

Collin

On 10/12/2022 at 1:19 PM, Collin said:

Don't bother him with F-84's at this time...he is too busy working on the Flight Test S-3A/B 1/72-1/48 sheets (I think).

Cheers

Collin

You going to do this to everyone that asks about possible new topics?   Just curious.... :hmmm:

Hmm.  I knew that the US Army Golden Knights parachute team had retired their Fokker F-27s, but I just discovered that they now use one or more DHC-8-312 aircraft.

DHC-8-312_Golden_Knights.thumb.JPG.2b47264e1c48e195382fd6051dbd19b6.JPG

I am pretty sure there is a 1/144 kit available (OxMods?) but you would have to kit bash a Hobbycraft DHC-8-100 into a -300 in 1/72 scale. Not impossible, but not easy either.

Edited by Dutch
On 5/23/2022 at 2:37 PM, Captain Tyler said:

I have an idea.

With the new MENG F/A-18F 1/48 kit, lets do decals for the Advanced Super Hornet, the prototype for the Block III variant. This naturally would include the CFTs and the Weapons Pod.

There is one aircraft that had both:

F/A-18F BuNo 168492 of VX-23.

Based on my research, the aircraft has two schemes with the Block III parts:

-Advanced Super Hornet Demonstrator

-VX-23 SD125

This would obviously need a conversion kit, but what do you think, Kursad? 

U8NVx_7de3uzzQ8cIptyUD8l7AEvXC37d-Lhoo8qBmA (1).jpg

0x0.jpg

us_navy_f-a-18f_super_hornet_advanced_super_hornet_2013_hobby_master_ha5118_scale_1-72.jpg

Hey, Kursad, I wanted to bring this back to your attention, now that Arnaud over at BAM Models has made the parts necessary for these aircraft. 

https://bam-models.com/product-category/f-a-18e-f-ea-18g/

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

Tommy, thanks for the tutorial on the CMV-22B Osprey kit sponson bulges.  Looks like we need an aftermarket fix.  K/r, Dutch 

I think if I am reading it right, the added parts will work but the direction and location of the parts is unclear. I'm finding that more and more in kits these days - errors in the instructions. Things like numbers switched around or the part is turned around in the illustration.

I'm looking forward to the Osprey COD. I'm going to do some surgery to it to show it all folded and tucked so it can join my other folded CODs in the collection.

On 10/30/2022 at 5:18 PM, Paul Boyer said:

I think if I am reading it right, the added parts will work but the direction and location of the parts is unclear. I'm finding that more and more in kits these days - errors in the instructions. Things like numbers switched around or the part is turned around in the illustration.

I'm looking forward to the Osprey COD. I'm going to do some surgery to it to show it all folded and tucked so it can join my other folded CODs in the collection.

Paul - That's what I meant. In fact, when I was toying with the idea a year ago of modifying the Japanese Ground Self Defense Force kit (basically the same antenna farm on the roof), I sketched a scab-on part concept that was exactly that configuration. I think what Hasegawa provided can—with a not-unreasonable amount of trimming, filler, added putty, sanding, etc. (i.e. modeling) combined with pictures of the pod—result in a good-enough conversion. In Hasegawa's defense, the images provided in the instructions of the resin parts, if closely examined, are good enough to identify which one goes on which side and correctly orient it. However, when I dry fitted one initially, I put it on incorrectly since I hadn't looked at the instructions (as Calvin said, "do I look like a sissy?") other than to note that, good news and like my concept, they went over the original plastic and therefore did not require surgery on the kit. Hence my warning.

Edited by Tailspin Turtle
  • 2 weeks later...

With plenty of new A-10C kits on the way (Academy, Hobby Boss and GWH) we could use more A-10C sheets, as the pickings are slim even if there are some good choices around.

Not atleast of 81-0964 the Mi-2 killer from Dessert Storm. She's currently flying with the 75FS 23FW (line jet?) but no current markings are available. And always cool with a victorious killer 🥳

5 hours ago, Niels said:

With plenty of new A-10C Not atleast of 81-0964 the Mi-2 killer from Dessert Storm. 

Would it not have been an A-10A at that time? Between Caracal and Speed Hunter, it's not exactly a famine for choices if building a C.

7 hours ago, Specter1075 said:

Would it not have been an A-10A at that time? 

During Dessert Storm there was only A-10A's, so yes, however 81-0964 is the only chopper popper that is still flying today, the other one 77-0205 is on display at the USAF academy in Colorado. 
What I'm hoping for is up to date current markings of 81-0964, as earlier releases are either incorrect or sold out long ago. 

6 hours ago, Niels said:

During Dessert Storm there was only A-10A's...

I think at the time of DS they were calling them OA-10, this started in '87 when then USAF was trying to "re-mold" then A-10 into a new role into a FAC mission to justify not retiring them.