We could definitely use SAC today.  

Love those images, Dutch, and the unique markings.  I can't recall ever seeing an arrow as a tail flash on a B-47.  I have the old Experts Choice B-50 decals in my stash for the 1/72 Academy kit but might change my mind if Kursad dropped these beauties on us.

I have the old Academy 1/72 RB-50 kit in the stash and would love to have some clean and up to date markings of "Carribean Queen".   

The markings that come with the kit leave lots to be desired.   Here is a link showing what she looked like.   The Cold War - Ramey Air Force Base Historical Association (rameyafb.net)

Edited by Drifterdon

I have several 1/72 U-2 kits (Academy & AirFix) and wanted markings for Gary Power's CIA U-2 Article 360 (AF Serial 56-6693).  I was searching on line for any pre-shoot down pictures of this aircraft, which to no surprise I came up zip, I did find a color profile of it showing its only markings as 360 in red on the vertical fin and standard rescue and canopy operation markings near the cockpit canopy.  Since the U-2 decals that Caracal has does not include they markings, can we possibly have these included on a remake or a new sheet including later versions of the aircraft? I would post the profile here but having trouble doing so.

Thanks

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

21 minutes ago, Bo105flyer said:

I have several 1/72 U-2 kits (Academy & AirFix) and wanted markings for Gary Power's CIA U-2 Article 360 (AF Serial 56-6693).  I was searching on line for any pre-shoot down pictures of this aircraft, which to no surprise I came up zip, I did find a color profile of it showing its only markings as 360 in red on the vertical fin and standard rescue and canopy operation markings near the cockpit canopy.  Since the U-2 decals that Caracal has does not include they markings, can we possibly have these included on a remake or a new sheet including later versions of the aircraft? I would post the profile here but having trouble doing so.

Thanks

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

https://www.thisdayinaviation.com/tag/lockheed-u-2c/

This link shows the aircraft but without the Article 360 on the vertical tail fin.  I guess only those who were there  really knows for sure how it was marked.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

With renewed F4U-4 interest driven by the movie Devotion, any possibility of a post war F4U-4 sheet?  Eagle Strike had a couple sheets that covered that subject, but unfortunately they contracted the printing of those sheets to a shop in Mexico.  It seems all the Aeromaster and Eagle Strike sheets printed at that shop have badly yellowed over time.  

some nice Caracal designed and Cartograf or Microscale printed sheets would be fantastic!

1/32 High Viz/all Gull Grey F-14A’s livery’s (VF-1 Wolfpack or VF-211 etc) and/or F-14 stencils would be very much appreciated.
Another option would be VF-201 & VF-202

There seems to be a dirth of the subject in this scale nowadays or the subject is proving very challenging to obtain.

image.thumb.jpeg.8765c1f0e564714f846dd51ec7ef615c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e642a7ff53f88b284382ce605cfb8b7b.jpeg

image.jpeg.eabf4f9850580fae6665ffd3f499d08f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.60e41792afb7291c9fca0aa2b68d8386.jpeg

:smiley-transport006:

Sincerely,

Mr. Happy

Hey thanks Slartibartfast,

Yeah I’m familiar with the sheet in 1/48. I worked that NATS. 

I was just hoping for some new 1/32 F-14A decals as they are getting to be few and far between.

Hope you’ll make to San Marcos in 23.

Take care and appreciate the reminder,

Mr. Happy

Hello, Kursad.

Now that you have drawn the USAF Starfighters so beautifully...

Have you considered the Turkish F-104's?

They were quite varied in their appearance, having come from different previous users.

I think Turkey was the only export customer for the F-104S, and I don't recall ever seeing decals for a Turkish F-104S.  

Cheers, Stefan.

I would absolutely love to see a complete sheet of F-16N and TF-16N decals to modern standards in the original scheme for the NFWS, VF126  VF45 and VF43. What might be the chances of that? Inquiring minds would love to know! Best regards from the UK!

Ralph

On 1/9/2023 at 12:06 PM, Ralph71 said:

I would absolutely love to see a complete sheet of F-16N and TF-16N decals to modern standards in the original scheme for the NFWS, VF126  VF45 and VF43. What might be the chances of that? Inquiring minds would love to know! Best regards from the UK!

Ralph

This would be very welcome. Especially the VF45 jets with the green nose number and the boxing blackbird on the tail. 

Dutch, I think you struck a chord.  I agree with you about Euro I Phantoms.  Always a sharp scheme in my opinion.  If I could add to that, how about some Hill Gray ANG birds; I'm partial to the Michigan and Minnesota ANG flights.  Here are some examples: https://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-Air-Force/McDonnell-F-4D-Phantom-II/2007244https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/179th_Fighter_Squadron#/media/File%3A179th_Fighter-Interceptor_Squadron_McDonnell_F-4D-26-MC_Phantom_65-0608.jpg.  These have been done in high- vis but I haven't seen them done in 1/72 with the low-vis.

2 hours ago, Mike J. Idacavage said:

Continuing with the Phantom theme, hopefully we will get the 1/72 version of the USAF QF-4E "Team Target" sheet!  

It would be great to be able to model the last of the USAF Phantoms in 1/72.

Have fun modeling!

Mike

And I thought you were a NASA fan! 😏

How about some more A-7 decals? In particular, how about some more early A-7s? There are still plenty of nice schemes for the SLUF that haven't been done before. One in particular I have my eyes on is this VA-204 River Rattler A-7B with the big orange Louisiana state silhouette on the tail. I'd love to do this with the Fujimi 1/72 kit in a carrier launch diorama.

640px-A-7B_VA-204_CVN-69_1985.jpeg

Not a "new" topic, but a curious request about the status of the planned 1/72 CH-53 sheets... what´s the planned release date for those? I need some options for a german Heeresflieger version...

HAJO

1 hour ago, Hajo L. said:

Not a "new" topic, but a curious request about the status of the planned 1/72 CH-53 sheets... what´s the planned release date for those? I need some options for a german Heeresflieger version...

HAJO

I never assigned a product number or a release date for these - there are other 1/72 sheets I have to release before these. I also have some doubts on the viability of two 1/72 helicopter sheets so I will need to think about combining parts of these two sets to release one sheet only. 

22 hours ago, Dutch said:

And I thought you were a NASA fan! 😏

You know me well, Dutch! 😆 However, the Phantom is very near and dear it my heart. It is likely my favorite aircraft. It is definitely the one that I have photographed the most before it was retired. Of course, I am planning on building the NASA Phantom (145313) at some point to combine my interests.  

Have fun modeling!

Mike