4 hours ago, Mike J. Idacavage said:

You know me well, Dutch! 😆 However, the Phantom is very near and dear it my heart. It is likely my favorite aircraft. It is definitely the one that I have photographed the most before it was retired. Of course, I am planning on building the NASA Phantom (145313) at some point to combine my interests.  

Have fun modeling!

Mike 

Me too! Although the Douglas AD/A-1 Skyraider is also right up there. 😉

8 hours ago, KursadA said:

I also have some doubts on the viability of two 1/72 helicopter sheets so I will need to think about combining parts of these two sets to release one sheet only.

Now you have me worried.  I've been looking forward to 1/72 USAF H-34.  

6 hours ago, fessSto said:

Now you have me worried.  I've been looking forward to 1/72 USAF H-34.  

I should have clarified it - I meant two new, separate 1/72 scale CH-53 sheets at the same time. The H-34 sheet is on the 2023 schedule.

Edited by KursadA

I know the latest greatest "Dark Viper" schemes are all the rage now but there are several F-16 Wings that have rarely (some never) been done in kit or aftermarket decal form.

The 507th FG flew Block 5 & 10 jets out of Tinker, tail code SH, and the 926th FG flew early (small mouth) Block 30s out of NAS JRB New Orleans, tail code NO - I've never seen decals for either of these wings.

The 31st TFW flew Block 15 jets out of Homestead, first with ZF coded tails, then with HS tail codes.  Outside of a single Hasegawa 1/48 kit I've never seen HS tail code decals, and never seen ZF tail code decals for them.

The 347th FW out of Moody and the 56th TTW out of MacDill may have been covered, but I've only seen a decades old MicroScale sheet for MacDill.  Same for the early jets for the 474th TFW at Nellis, only decades old MicroScale sheets.

The 54th FG at Holloman now flies Block 42s with HO tail codes and, outside of a recent sheet featuring fancy tail art, I've never seen decals for line jets for them.

Seems like a lot of possibilities here.  Open to corrections if any of these have already been done (in the last decade or two)

Edited by habu2
tpyos
1 hour ago, Dutch said:

The 2021 IPMS Nationals at Las Vegas featured a sheet by Bullseye Decals for several 57th & 474th Wg jets, including a 474th F-16A.  (My apologies to the baby seals.)

And Bullseye Model Aviation is about to release early markings of the 430TFS 474TFW 😝

Edited by Niels
27 minutes ago, Niels said:

And Bullseye Model Aviation is about to release early markings of the 430TFS 474TFW 😝

Well that covers about half my wish list - would still like to see a Homestead sheet, maybe a Phantom/Viper combo?

5 hours ago, achterkirch said:

How about some VF-202 F-14’s?  I don’t think anyone has done them before at least in 1/48th scale

VF-201 & -202 for both Phantoms and Tomcats would be nice, I miss shooting off the railroads tracks at NAS Dallas.

Would love to see a sheet of tail code and serial number marks for USAF, similar to the new F-22 serial numbers sheet but also with the 18-24" letters. For my selfish purposes, especially for F-16s in the Hill Scheme in 1/48. 🙂