50 minutes ago, Paul Boyer said:

I have the 1/72 scale Model Aire International resin kit and it looks great in the box. I also have the 1/72 scale RVHP kit and it has decals for one in light gray with the white/dark gray cheat line and national insignia!

Paul,

Thanks for that info.  I now feel better having ordered it sight unseen.  Yeah, the grey on grey markings do not attract me.  The straight red/gold pinstripe on outer engines and fuselage sides will prove more difficult to create than the simple black straight and canted lettering, but not impossible.  

Or I may go the simple route and use the blue/gold stripes and print my own black markings for UC-12B 161499 7Z of NAS South Weymouth.

UC-12B_161499_7Z_USN_SouthWeymouth.JPG.253e997dc32fcbf94d9e6158fc04732e.JPG

K/r,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch

So, when you live in San Diego, even the library books come autographed by the author. Also, while Showtime 100 had been done to death, I don’t think there are decals for the other Duke Cunningham Mig kill F-4J #112, as seen in the last picture. Maybe a preemptive set for the eventual Tamiya kit???

C9BE5820-3184-4066-AB89-1053D2913636.jpeg

BAF24AF9-BE6F-46DA-8778-D458D9CAB513.jpeg

82C4397D-04D4-498E-A937-42CFC67E6DCE.jpeg

Edited by denizp

I'd just like to throw these suggestions out here again. 

1. Caracal Models Basics Military Air Transport Service (and maybe Naval Air Transport Service) Badges
  2. Caracal Models Basics Military Airlift Command and Air Mobility Command Badges
  3. Caracal Models Basics USAF AF and Numbers in FS.595 30219 Tan

Next we can discuss "Three-Holer Tankers" - RAF Tristars, Dutch KDC-10s, various civilian DC-10s.

1/144 - North American XB-70 Valkyrie by Armory Models Group was just released.  These short run Eastern European manufacturers often have substandard decals.  The US national insignia has the wrong proportions.  Could use some Caracal love.  I think some what-if decals would be great.    

17 hours ago, Curt said:

I'd just like to throw these suggestions out here again. 

1. Caracal Models Basics Military Air Transport Service (and maybe Naval Air Transport Service) Badges
  2. Caracal Models Basics Military Airlift Command and Air Mobility Command Badges
  3. Caracal Models Basics USAF AF and Numbers in FS.595 30219 Tan

Next we can discuss "Three-Holer Tankers" - RAF Tristars, Dutch KDC-10s, various civilian DC-10s.

This man Curt has the right idea.  

6 hours ago, AD-4N said:

1/144 - North American XB-70 Valkyrie by Armory Models Group was just released.  These short run Eastern European manufacturers often have substandard decals.  The US national insignia has the wrong proportions.  Could use some Caracal love.  I think some what-if decals would be great.    

@AD-4N, I think you are on to something there, especially with Kursad's April Fool's What-if announcement, though he missed the timeline for this year.  I think one or two real XB-70 aircraft markings with a few What-If B-70A/B SIOP camo birds, one with black bottom/one with white bottom, Strategic scheme RB-70C & Gunship Gray B-70E/F birds would fit the bill!  Maybe even an all black SRB-70D. The possibilities boggle the mind!

7 hours ago, Captain Tyler said:

1/72 and 48 Embraer A-29B "American Super Tucanos"

4x Options

-N29US

-20-2102 "Heritage"

-19-2035 "Nigerian Air Force"

-17-2031 "Afghan Air Force" 

What kits are available for the A-29 in 1/72?

HAJO

Kursad,

Any chance of doing a 1/48 USAF F-111F sheet covering the all gray camo scheme of the 523FS 'Crusaders' 27th Fighter Wing - Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico or similar?  I have the 1/48 Hobby Boss F-111E/F kit that i would like to do in that scheme.  I know that Cutting Edge did a sheet way back when and are hard to find.

I would appreciate it if you would kindly consider it.

Thanks,

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

4 hours ago, Bo105flyer said:

Kursad,

Any chance of doing a 1/48 USAF F-111F sheet covering the all gray camo scheme of the 523FS 'Crusaders' 27th Fighter Wing - Cannon Air Force Base, New Mexico or similar?  I have the 1/48 Hobby Boss F-111E/F kit that i would like to do in that scheme.  I know that Cutting Edge did a sheet way back when and are hard to find.

I would appreciate it if you would kindly consider it.

Thanks,

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

I'd love to see comprehensive coverage of the 27 FW 'Vaarks in 1/48 and/or 1/72; the 522, 523, 524, and 428 FS' flew the -111D/E/F/G variants in the 90s wearing FS 36118.

Don Logan's F-111 book has great refs-

Chris

Edited by Gator52
3 hours ago, KursadA said:

I believe I already announced a F-111D/F sheet some years back - I am working on it and it will include overall gray Cannon jets.

You did announce it. I've been hanging on ever since! Can't wait!

How about a sheet or two for Have Glass V F-16Ds, since the new Kinetic F-16D kit is out?  I didn't read through the whole thread so if this was mentioned earlier, sorry about that!

Seems to me since the existing Have Glass V Viper sheets already have the stencils and maybe even the tail artwork etc.  probably all that's needed is to see which units have their family model Vipers in HG V, note the serial #s and BOOM - instant decal sheet?

(well, its likely not THAT simple, but you get the idea...)

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48105

(no affiliation with Kinetic or LuckyModel...)

• 4 weeks later...