Disregard.  Tried adding a phot of F-4 64-0968 with the ND air guard that says the happy hookers on the tail flash but it won’t load for what ever reason. 

Edited by achterkirch
On 4/13/2024 at 1:21 AM, achterkirch said:

Disregard.  Tried adding a phot of F-4 64-0968 with the ND air guard that says the happy hookers on the tail flash but it won’t load for what ever reason. 

Do you have a link for this pic?   Sounds interesting.

3 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Do you have a link for this pic?   Sounds interesting.

I do not. I found on social media but I can’t remember where. I have the picture saved it just won’t show up on here.  Evidently from what I remember from the caption on the photo. There was a Montana F-106 that landed at the Fargo airport and the ND ANG painted pig sky country over big sky country.  So to get pay back when a ND ANG F-4 landed for an over night at great falls they decided to paint over the happy hooligans with happy hookers.  I’ll see if I can find the link. 

IMG_0341.webp

@KursadA,

I know that you have been cranking out the B-52 sheets, and we are grateful.  Would you consider adding NASA's NB-52H 61-0025 to the mix?  Pretty simple markings, tail serial, NASA logo and stripes.  Not sure if you want to do the gold outlined dark blue stripe in 1:72 scale, but could do it for the 1/144 release?   Just asking. 

K/r, Dutch

1444073743_NASAs_NB-52H_at_Boeing_Plant_No._1_in_Wichita_(EC02-0080-63).thumb.jpg.84a2aa09fa1a83bb10f02808182f4221.jpg

May be an image of aircraft

Redhome Aviation has captured a few photos of B-52H 60-0034 "Wise Guy" in the process of being reactivated to flight status after being in storage at AMARC.

Mostly bare metal with, what appears to be, dark blue accents.  Talk about "panel lines" . . .

2 hours ago, Tracy White said:

I believe this is actually a B-1A.

/RivetCounter

I agree, either 74-0160 or 76-0174. I believe these were the only airframes modified with the dorsal wave guide spine. 

Edited by habu2
2 hours ago, habu2 said:

I agree, either 74-0160 or 76-0174. I believe these were the only airframes modified with the dorsal wave guide spine. 

Yup, B-1A 76-0174, should have looked at the caption on the full size shot...

On 4/16/2024 at 5:14 PM, mhvink said:

Redhome Aviation has captured a few photos of B-52H 60-0034 "Wise Guy" in the process of being reactivated to flight status after being in storage at AMARC.

Mostly bare metal with, what appears to be, dark blue accents.  Talk about "panel lines" . . .

Oh I just LOVE this photo. Are there any other pictures from other angles?
\\Dan

1 hour ago, ZippoTheZipdrive said:

Oh I just LOVE this photo. Are there any other pictures from other angles?
\\Dan

Especially the mix&match engine nacelle panels!  👍

On 4/16/2024 at 9:14 AM, mhvink said:

I did a color check on this and it is an interesting color....

Bryan

B-52H_Silver_colors.jpg

Why would it have dark blue parts? I think it’s just a fresh coat of Gunship Gray on some parts they had to replace at the depot level restoration in Oklahoma. Tinker AFB and other sites have high resolution photos that clearly show the color to be plain old Gunship Gray.

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/ghost-rider-and-wise-guy-the-only-two-b-52h-bombers-regenerated-from-boneyard-undergoing-simultaneous-maintenance-at-oklahoma-city-air-logistics-complex/

Edited by KursadA
10 hours ago, KursadA said:

Why would it have dark blue parts? I think it’s just a fresh coat of Gunship Gray on some parts they had to replace at the depot level restoration in Oklahoma. Tinker AFB and other sites have high resolution photos that clearly show the color to be plain old Gunship Gray.

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/ghost-rider-and-wise-guy-the-only-two-b-52h-bombers-regenerated-from-boneyard-undergoing-simultaneous-maintenance-at-oklahoma-city-air-logistics-complex/

Probably environmental bleed into the gray.  You're prob ably correct on the color.

@KursadA,

Sir, if you ever do another KC-135R sheet (still many markings not done yet), I have another nomination.  In my recent travels, I saw a KC-135R of the 6th ARW with the usual MacDill blue tail band, but with a medium sized (~4ft dia) black circle "R" below the American flag, very reminiscent of their B-29As during WWII.  I was not able to take a photo or get close enough to determine the serial number, but here are some links to photos: (link 1)(link 2), (link 3).  In the meantime, here are some links to the 6th ARW flagship, KC-135R 62-3498 circa 2021.  MacDill details KC-135, “Spirit of Tampa Bay” > Nellis Air Force Base > News (af.mil)

K/r,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch

Another AH-1G, this one with a Night Sight.  It came into Felker AAF (Ft Eustis VA) when I was prepping to deploy to Iraq with my former CH-47D unit March 2003.  The shot of the bird with all the cowls off was taken at NASA AMES 6/79.

The warning was to notify folks there was DET cord along with lower plex panels.  They would blow it to allow easy egress from either Sidea as the canopy's opened on opposite sides.  Pilot Rt, Gunner Lf.

AH-1G_70-15979_EUSTIS_VA_March-2003_Sm.jpg

AH-1S_70-15979_Surogate_Nose_EUSTIS_VA_March-2003_Sm.jpg

AH-1S_70-15979_Surogate_Pilot_Gunner_ammop_bay_EUSTIS_VA_March-2003_Sm.jpg

NASA_736_Sm.jpg

NASA_736_tail_Sm.jpg

AH-1G_N736NA_NASA_Aimes_6-79_AI_Sm.jpg

AH-1G_N736NA_Canopy_Warning_NASA_Aimes_6-79_AI_Sm.jpg

Edited by BWDenver
4 hours ago, BWDenver said:

Another AH-1G, this one with a Night Sight.  It came into Felker AAF (Ft Eustis VA) when I was prepping to deploy to Iraq with my former CH-47D unit March 2003.  The shot of the bird with all the cowls off was taken at NASA AMES 6/79.

The warning was to notify folks there was DET cord along with lower plex panels.  They would blow it to allow easy egress from either Sidea as the canopy's opened on opposite sides.  Pilot Rt, Gunner Lf.

AH-1G_70-15979_EUSTIS_VA_March-2003_Sm.jpg

AH-1S_70-15979_Surogate_Nose_EUSTIS_VA_March-2003_Sm.jpg

AH-1S_70-15979_Surogate_Pilot_Gunner_ammop_bay_EUSTIS_VA_March-2003_Sm.jpg

NASA_736_Sm.jpg

NASA_736_tail_Sm.jpg

AH-1G_N736NA_NASA_Aimes_6-79_AI_Sm.jpg

AH-1G_N736NA_Canopy_Warning_NASA_Aimes_6-79_AI_Sm.jpg

Yes, the switch to blow the canopy side panels had a thin copper color safety wire to keep the crew from accidental activation of the system.  This would get replaced by safety wire for static display appearances so some inquisitive child setting in a cockpit couldn’t accidentally engage the switch and blow the canopy side windows.

Also we would at times disconnect the aircraft battery.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

2 hours ago, Bo105flyer said:

Yes, the switch to blow the canopy side panels had a thin copper color safety wire to keep the crew from accidental activation of the system.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

We used the breakaway copper safety wire to secure the doors in the 58's.

Every time I went into a "display" I would unplug the battery.  I got into a 58 at display at an A&P program, and someone had pulled every single circuit breaker on the overhead panel.  And they were only guaranteed for around 2 cycles....

Turn you back to hit the head and all heck breaks loose.  From then on, I left the doors on.

Bryan