ARC Discussion Forums
Glynn Jacobs

Possible new topics?

On 7/30/2017 at 2:57 PM, Milo said:

While we're at it, how about some Sabre love?  This famous plane has never had markings in ANY form:

F-86A-5 49-1184 'Miss Behaving'.jpg

Until someone makes an F-86A kit, doubt you ever will.

Dutch   

Kursad,  

After the Neptune sheets, my vote is for some US and foreign P-3A/B/C/D/E/F Orions.  We currently have two excellent kits of the Lockheed P-3C Orion: Hasegawa in 1/72 & LS/ARII in 1/144.  Hasegawa released the kit with several Japanese & US (also CAF) decal variations and Revell GMBH did so for the European market, (Dutch, German, & US).  MS did several (7?) sheets covering USN markings for P-3A/B/C/E and two sheets with foreign markings (IIAF, SpAF, RNZAF, RAAF, JMSDF, RNoAF, MLD). The foreign sheets were pretty generic with some inaccuracies. Only two of these early sheets were scaled down to 1/144 scale.  A few after market decals makers have given us some pretty good decals, but many are for the same subjects.  For example: I count over 12 different sheets of 5 variations of RAAF markings in both 1/72 & 1/144.  Dutch decal has done a pretty extensive sheet covering the P-3C UII.5 in MLD service with all marking variations in 1/72, but nothing in 1/144.   We do have some very nice decals for Argentina, Canada and Japan both kitted and aftermarket and Draw Decal did the Aero Union Aerostar fire bomber.  However, significant gaps exist.  We still need markings in 1/72 & 1/144 for: Brazil, Chile, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, USC&BP (domes & slicks), NOAA and many USN VP/VQ/VW squadrons. My $.02!

R/ Dutch

Edited by Dutch

The thing about the Microscale (Superscale?) P-3 sheets is that they were printed decades ago and are no longer available. So there is plenty of room for new (and probably more accurate) sheets!

aircal62   

I totally agree with Paul especially on the older Microscale and Superscale decals.  The products produced depicting a lot of the Viet Nam war and post Viet Nam war era hard to find, not of good quality and hopefully will one day be replaced, or new subjects created.  Caracal/Kursad is doing a great job in this regard, especially with releases like the P5M and WV2 decals.  Best thing is that the artwork it accurate, its actually fits the model, best printing and the decals are affordable, offering great value.    

KursadA   

Thanks for the suggestions and kind comments! Types like the P-3 , B-47 and B-66 are on my radar screen for the next wave of releases; most likely in early 2018.

Some of your suggestions from this thread have already entered the release schedule - I am working on a post-war Privateer sheet right now, for example. Keep 'em coming.

Stephen   

My suggestions for 1/48 and 1/144:

Bolivian AF T-33

Iranian Navy RH-53

ATAC Kfir and Hunter

EKA-3B Skywarrior,

TAV-8A

Saudi and Italian Tornado F.3 for the new Revell kit.

Pakistan F-86

1/144

Il-76 for the new Zvezda kit. 

Dutch   
8 hours ago, Jabba29 said:

A suggestion for 1/72 and 1/48.

CH-46. Many nations use these as well as USMC.

I also second Jabba29' s suggestion on the Vertol-107, H-46, CH-113, HKP-4, & KV-107. For being in service for over 50 years, you'd think it would have more and better coverage.

10 hours ago, Jabba29 said:

A suggestion for 1/72 and 1/48.

CH-46. Many nations use these as well as USMC.

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

I also second Jabba29' s suggestion on the Vertol-107, H-46, CH-113, HKP-4, & KV-107. For being in service for over 50 years, you'd think it would have more and better coverage.

Print Scale has three sheets out on the CH-46 in 1/72 scale

http://printscale.org/index.php?search_string_0=ch-46&searchstring=boeing+vertol+107

Dutch   

As Raymond says in the movie Rain Man. K-Mart (Print Scale) sucks. Inaccurate, colors are off. 

KursadA   

Fact: A baby seal dies every time you mention some other decal company's name and provide a link in this forum. ;-)

Edited by KursadA

Not sure if you answered on another thread or not, but any plans for the KC-135E in 1/144?

Thorp   

How about some TPS love .... I've got a full walk-around.

IMG_20170727_173118.jpg

Scooby   
On 2017-09-01 at 5:20 PM, Paul Boyer said:

The thing about the Microscale (Superscale?) P-3 sheets is that they were printed decades ago and are no longer available. So there is plenty of room for new (and probably more accurate) sheets!

Hi Paul, do you know Canuck Models did two US Navy P-3 options on a decal sheet just recently?

Dutch   

I have their VP-92/94 sheet.  Very nice.  I asked the owner to scale it down to 1/144, but he said he didn't see a market for it.  I told him that the LS/ARII P-3 kit is alive and well in still being produced. Oh well.

KursadA   
2 hours ago, Dutch said:

I have their VP-92/94 sheet.  Very nice.  I asked the owner to scale it down to 1/144, but he said he didn't see a market for it.  I told him that the LS/ARII P-3 kit is alive and well in still being produced. Oh well.

Just added it to do the "to do sometime" list.

It has been 10 years or more since the Guys at TwoBobs released the US NAVY/MARINES NSAFW 1/72 sheet for the F-16, those are impossible to find and fetch high sums on Ebay.

USMC F-16N Miramar

And of course nobody has done this in 1/72 scale..

Or this, unless you want to spend a fortune for Hasegawa double set.

Edited by hemspilot
added text

Dutch   

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 12:17 PM, KursadA said:

Thanks Kursad!

On 9/14/2017 at 12:17 PM, KursadA said:

Consider another 1/144 P-3C sheet sold! That's a total of...two!  :)