Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Glynn Jacobs

Possible new topics?

Recommended Posts

On 8/12/2018 at 2:32 AM, Drifterdon said:

Wouldn't mind seeing some HU-16 Albatross decals downsized to 1/72 for the old Monogram kit and maybe even 1/144 for the newish Amodel kits.

Amen, Brother Don!  I would love to see some 1/144 HU-16 decals to replace the horrible ones that come in the AModel kits.  1/72 wouldn't hurt either, as the Monogram kit keeps surfacing on evilbay for reasonable amounts, even if it is a flying billboard for raised rivets!.  Can't wait to get my November Caracal order and see what December offers.

Edited by Dutch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dutch said:

Amen, Brother Don!  I would love to see some 1/144 HU-16 decals to replace the horrible ones that come in the AModel kits.  1/72 wouldn't hurt either, as the Monogram kit keeps surfacing on evilbay for reasonable amounts, even if it is a flying billboard for raised rivets!.  Can't wait to get my November order and see what December offers.

 

Yes - I had this in mind for a long time. Let's do it - I will put it together next week, and probably even throw in a Japanese option if there is space. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s been mentioned in passing, but I see that Big Plane Kits (BPK) is releasing a 1/72 737-200. That could be a good canvas for a sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, KursadA said:

 

Yes - I had this in mind for a long time. Let's do it - I will put it together next week, and probably even throw in a Japanese option if there is space. 

Excellent news!  Once again Kursad to the decal rescue!   You rock sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1/48 AH-1G options for the Special Hobby kit currently in the works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kursad, Do you think you could add 1/144 RCAF CSR-110 Albatross markings for the AModel Tri-phibian kit? Please. I have asked Chris to send you the scans. K/r, Dutch 

Edited by Dutch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any hints as to the December/January releases???

Edited by Corey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corey said:

Any hints as to the December/January releases???

 

I am still working on the 1/48 scale line-up - but I will definitely have the 1/72 versions of the F-111A, Early F-18, V-22 and NASA F-104 sheets released in the last batch, along with the 1/72 scale T-6 Texan and "Starfighters" F-104. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 11:15 AM, thegoodsgt said:

I think it’s been mentioned in passing, but I see that Big Plane Kits (BPK) is releasing a 1/72 737-200. That could be a good canvas for a sheet.

 

I think you mean that they are releasing their kit AGAIN. BPK has had several boxings of the 737-200 for years now. I have the T-43 boxing in my stash from maybe three or four years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this would be relevant right now or maybe wait until after Z-M releases their long nose Phantoms but some HAF RF/F-4E's would be really nice. Not very many options out there that I am aware of considering they've worn 3 different distinctive camouflage patterns.

 

Plus some HAF A-7's would be a interesting choice.

Edited by Whiskey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a nod to Mike Idacavage, speaking of more NASA subjects, they operate several Beechcraft B200/C-12 King Airs.  Mach2 has their 1/72 kit out.

001.JPG.0c3fb48bd7d887c5eb7c578aa51b4385.JPG

Edited by Dutch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dutch said:

In a nod to Mike Idacavage, speaking of more NASA subjects, they operate several Beechcraft B200/C-12 King Airs.  Mach2 has their 1/72 kit out.

001.JPG.0c3fb48bd7d887c5eb7c578aa51b4385.JPG


Mach 2?  Dutch, you are a braver person than me!  I built their PBM, that’s enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's surprising how many 1/72 scale kits of various King Air versions have been made over the decades: Rareplanes (vac), Model Aire International (resin), RVHP (resin), and AModel. I haven't studied which kits apply to which U.S. military versions just yet, but just how many King Airs am I going to need?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dutch, that is one FANTASTIC photo!! Thanks for posting that beauty. I would almost be tempted to build another Mach 2 kit with those markings.......

 

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:

On 11/22/2019 at 9:00 AM, Dutch said:

In a nod to Mike Idacavage, speaking of more NASA subjects, they operate several Beechcraft B200/C-12 King Airs.  Mach2 has their 1/72 kit out.

001.JPG.0c3fb48bd7d887c5eb7c578aa51b4385.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alcon,

I only said Mach2 because it is the latest kit and still readily available, which is one of Kursad's criterion for releasing a decal sheet.  I  do realize that the Rareplane kit is a fine kit shapewise, but the metal props and undercarriage are very hard to locate these days. RVHP is also very good quality-wise but expensive. I did not know about the AModel kit. On another forum/thread there was talk (by Vince Maddux, perhaps?) of drafting a 3-D printed C200/C-12 King Air in 1/48 scale.  So the field is wide open.

 

Mike, if you do a web search for NASA and C-12, several photos should appear. 

 

R/

Dutch 

 

* PS [ After a little bit of research, I have found that the AModel kit is of the Beechcraft 1900C/D airliner series, six kits being released with various decals, including a C-12J.  While the wings and engines may be used, the fuselage is all wrong for a B200 / C-12 military version.  RVHP offers both the C-90 and B200 King Air versions.] 

Edited by Dutch
add links

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dutch,

You are absolutely correct about the King Air Family, C-12 etc. They have been used by many many Military and Civilian units, organizations, and companies. I would have to lean towards the RVHP line at present, but the price is a killer. I'm really surprised no company has jumped on this Airframe for either 1/72, or 1/48. Once you started into that line, it would be a never ending collection !

 

Regards,

Bruce 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, technical question not necessarily related to a specific subject.  Well, it is but for now just generally curious:  How plausible is it for the decal printer to successfully  print 1-2 inch high block letter black stencils in 1/72 scale?  Can it work or is it a lost cause?  I'm more a 1/48 builder and don't know much about the limits of 1/72.

 

Rick L.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some aircraft that seem currently underserved in 1/48:

 

A-20G

B-26

P-61 (A & B)

A-26 (WW II)

He 177

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

Ok, technical question not necessarily related to a specific subject.  Well, it is but for now just generally curious:  How plausible is it for the decal printer to successfully  print 1-2 inch high block letter black stencils in 1/72 scale?  Can it work or is it a lost cause?  I'm more a 1/48 builder and don't know much about the limits of 1/72.

 

Rick L.

 

Hi Rick,

Cartograf (but not too many others) can do it consistently every time; although this is about the limit of legibility. The image below is a snippet of CD72031 scanned at 1200dpi, and the 1-inch block lettering of the F-16 data block are easily readable. The distance between the two red parallel lines is 0.11in. Hope this helps.

 

sizeinfo.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 5:05 AM, KursadA said:

 

,.........along with the 1/72 scale T-6 Texan and "Starfighters" F-104. 

'Starfighters' F-104 in 1/72 that is great news.

 

Regards

Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 9:05 PM, KursadA said:

 

I am still working on the 1/48 scale line-up - but I will definitely have the 1/72 versions of the F-111A, Early F-18, V-22 and NASA F-104 sheets released in the last batch, along with the 1/72 scale T-6 Texan and "Starfighters" F-104. 


Anything in 1/144? Like a B-58 ? 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 on the 1/72 and 1/48 Gripen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...