3 hours ago, Dutch said:

The Caracal 1/144 B-58 sheet is listed as CD144007, so these two gaps [CD144011 & CD144012] are really teasing me. 

the B-58 sheet keeps getting pushed out, I think it was originally announced for about this time last year, hopefully we’ll see it eventually.

How about some sheets for the F8F

As always NATC, PAX River birds

11bU5Yql.jpg

IQo91LWl.jpg

Gotta Rep my home state: NAS Glenview birds

1f7EHG5l.jpg

Of course no sheet would be complete without the Blues and Beetle Bomb (yes I know these are available from another maker)

bhY9BYZl.jpg

MAufIGWl.jpg

And Lastly Gulfhawk (I know the pic is the restored version not the original)

gFpwatjl.jpg

I'm sure there are a lot of other squadrons and A/C that need attention too...

How about a Texas sheet, both in 1/48 and 1/72.

Bunch of interesting Phantoms, Voodoos and Vipers.

There is also space for Tomcats and Crusaders Plus a couple of colorful Phantom tails up around Dallas.

Hell, perhaps a couple of sheets even.

Edited by hemspilot
Added text.
6 hours ago, hemspilot said:

How about a Texas sheet, both in 1/48 and 1/72.

Bunch of interesting Phantoms, Voodoos and Vipers.

Even the Navy had a couple of colorful Phantom tails up around Dallas.

Hmm! Sounds like s new line of "state themed" decals for Kursad. Sort of like the annual IPMS Nationals themed give away sheets.

13 hours ago, Dutch said:

Hmm! Sounds like s new line of "state themed" decals for Kursad. Sort of like the annual IPMS Nationals themed give away sheets.

Wolfpak is doing something like that, even though following a looser criterion.

Unless I want to build six or seven of the same (less in 48 scale), I am more likely to buy a decal sheet representing different subjects of something I can relate to.

F4-J839-Pax75a.jpg

Two for one.  F-4J 153839 at Pax in its test days still wearing (most of) its markings from its former job with the Blue Angels, and before going all Gull Gray and red.  Now on display at Sikeston, Missouri and marked erroneously in VF-96 markings (and poorly done at that).   September '75 via my collection.

Rick L.

Edited by Spruemeister
21 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

F4-J839-Pax75a.jpg

Two for one.  F-4J 153839 at Pax in its test days still wearing (most of) its markings from its former job with the Blue Angels, and before going all Gull Gray and red.  Now on display at Sikeston, Missouri and marked erroneously in VF-96 markings (and poorly done at that).   September '75 via my collection.

Rick L.

Rick!  Absolutely gorgeous shot!  K/r, Dutch

• 4 weeks later...

@KursadA,

I know that I asked a few years ago about military 707 and DC-8 decals in 1/144 scale, but how about a E-3A/B/C/D/F sheet?  Possibilities include USAF, NATO, RAF, FrAF, & RSAF.  The Minicraft AWACS kit is readily available. Granted, the modeler would have to add CFM-56 engines & slight mods to the RAF, FrAF, & RSAF machines, but not impossible. 

For that matter, you could also add the E-6 Hermes scheme (not much there, really) and the E-8B J-STARS schemes as well.  Minicraft already has the JSTARS kit and though they have announced the E-6 Hermes, it has not been released yet.  However, Contrails Models of Miami does offer an E-6A conversion set (antennae only) and CFM-56 engines separately, though I will probably opt for the Minicraft CFM-56 engines.

K/r, Dutch

003.JPG.0c585e98cf41aac3e563442502b05b7c.JPG004.JPG.a20ff722c83021b296dbf1474402689d.JPG

Edited by Dutch
correct grammar
22 hours ago, KursadA said:

I think it's a worthwhile addition to the to-do list - I believe there have been a few good special schemes for the AWACS fleet as well. 

Thank you sir. Or possibly add in the RSAF KE-3A markings as well?

64960-11761-39-540.jpg.8f8893de07525fb074ca3fbdfde13ebc.jpg

Edited by Dutch
Add pic.
  • 1 month later...

A suggestion for 1/72:   "F-35 - The Early Years".  Specifically, I'm referring to the first production models of each variant, i.e. AF-1, BF-1 and CF-1.  Great colorful tail flashes, and those markings haven't been done in 1/72, especially now that Academy and Hasegawa have done nice kits of the A and B.  (And the Orange Model release of the C is out there.)

Here is a suggestion for you all. I was digging through my F-15 decals and thought a much needed make is the F-15 Fighter Interceptor Squadrons, especially the 318th FIS. To my knowledge, the Expert Choice decals were the last ones to do them and they are not great.