Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I may be in the minority, but I love the later Corsairs, but the early ones get all the decal love.  A few sheets have been done, but some are expensive or hard to find.  

How about some "late-model" Corsair love, stuff like the -4, -5(N), -6, -7, and the AU-1, probably could do a separate sheet for the foreign operators too.  The markings are not exactly elaborate, but seeing the test aircraft (NATC) would be cool.  I know the Hobbyboss and Hasegawa kits have their "issues" but they aren't exactly unbuildable.  

AkUpfkhm.jpggbzf4B1m.jpgOyGkavqm.jpg

SfikJnRm.jpgQq6nvPhm.jpgHXm1eSPm.jpg

Q2SIXxnm.jpg

Edited by eraucubsfan
18 minutes ago, eraucubsfan said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I may be in the minority, but I love the later Corsairs, but the early ones get all the decal love.  A few sheets have been done, but some are expensive or hard to find.  

How about some "late-model" Corsair love, stuff like the -4, -5(N), -6, -7, and the AU-1, probably could do a separate sheet for the foreign operators too.  The markings are not exactly elaborate, but seeing the test aircraft (NATC) would be cool.  I know the Hobbyboss and Hasegawa kits have their "issues" but they aren't exactly unbuildable.  

AkUpfkhm.jpggbzf4B1m.jpgOyGkavqm.jpg

SfikJnRm.jpgQq6nvPhm.jpgHXm1eSPm.jpg

Q2SIXxnm.jpg

I have been working on a sheet exactly like this and might have even announced it before.

On 4/22/2022 at 1:20 PM, eraucubsfan said:

AkUpfkhm.jpg

Sorry for thread hijack but what version is this? I've now got a notion in my head for a spare Matchbox F4U-4 kit and surplus decals....

I just spotted this one on the ramp last night under the floodlights. I couldn't stop for a photo, but will try to capture 58-0098 in a couple of days.

Kursad, do you think you could add this to a future KC-135R sheet? (This is a photo taken last Aug 21st at Fort Worth Alliance airport. courtesy of Airliners.net)

6536147_KC-135R_58-0098_132ndARS_KAFW_26Aug21.thumb.jpg.95cac9de767b1ec2807f7f032990998a.jpg

I haven't gone through all of the pages so this may have already been brought up, but I think it's time for a sheet for the 1/48 F-35C,  Currently, there are 4 squadron of both Navy and Marines; VFA-125, VFA-47, VFA-97 and VMFA-314  The Kitty Hawk kit only comes with pre-production markings.  With the mis-colored tape problem solved, the kit will so much easier to paint.  Time to give the 'Charlie' some love.....

F-35C MarinesUSA USN VFA 97 F 35C Nick Kort jetphotos 640vfa-125 rough raiders strike fighter squadron f-35c lightning ii jsf frs 71vfa-147 argonauts f-35c lightning ii jsf strike fighter squadron us navy cvw-2 uss carl vinson cvn-70 256

• 2 weeks later...

How about the around the world record flight of Bill Odom and Milton Reynolds?  Striking A-26 Invader.

https://napoleon130.tripod.com/id399.html

Reynolds-A26color1.jpg

Reynolds-A26nose1.jpg

Reynolds-A26left1.jpg

Reynolds-A26color2.jpg

A challenge for sure, but it would look oh so good on an ICM Invader. 

Rick L.

Edited by Spruemeister
correction

With Special Hobby doing a 1/48 J-3 Cub soon, it might be cool to have enough letters and numbers to do any Cub registration in the factory font.  I actually have mentioned this to them (Special Hobby), but if they don’t provide the letters and numbers, this might be a fun and easy sheet to do.  I’d like to build a model of our family Cub!  🙂

23 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

How about the around the world record flight of Bill Odom and Milton Reynolds?  Striking A-26 Invader.

A challenge for sure, but it would look oh so good on an ICM Invader. 

Rick L.

Wow - challenge accepted! But it will definitely take a while to do the research...

Corey, are there any photos or specs about the particular Cub font that you would like to see?

22 minutes ago, KursadA said:

Corey, are there any photos or specs about the particular Cub font that you would like to see?

I can definitely track down the specs for you, I’m pretty sure my Dad has all that data.  I’ll email it to you when I find it.

• 2 weeks later...

Kursad have you considered scaling down and combining your SR-71 sheets in 144th? I have several LS and ARII kits that deserve better decals than provided with the kits (not to mention their age).  There's also  the more recent Dragon/Platz kit out there but I can't justify paying the prices I've seen them listed for.  If past history is any indication, printing Blackbird decals in any scale is like printing money.... 👍

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I didn't review all 33 pages...

20 hours ago, habu2 said:

Kursad have you considered scaling down and combining your SR-71 sheets in 144th? I have several LS and ARII kits that deserve better decals than provided with the kits (not to mention their age).  There's also  the more recent Dragon/Platz kit out there but I can't justify paying the prices I've seen them listed for.  If past history is any indication, printing Blackbird decals in any scale is like printing money.... 👍

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I didn't review all 33 pages...

@habu2

I have two LS 1/144 SR-71 kits myself and would also like to see some combination of the SR-71 markings on a sheet in this scale.  However, MYK Design (Japan) did release three small sheets for the SR-71, A-305, A-306 & A-307.  I am not sure if Kursad would consider the juice worth the squeeze in this scale.

K/r,

Dutch

Some internet sleuthing shows the MYK sheets were released 10 years ago and every link I followed showed them to be  "unobtainable".  ☹️

If Caracal released a sheet(s) I know I'd jump on them. 👍

Curious if anyone else would be interested in 1/72 post war PBY Catalinas, especially USAF Air Rescue Service.  Actually, I would like to see a sheet on post war USAF rescue service aircraft: OA-10 Catalina, SB-17 Flying Fortress, SB-29 Dumbo, HU-16 Albatross and the like.

Maybe it's just me.😜

16 minutes ago, fessSto said:

Curious if anyone else would be interested in 1/72 post war PBY Catalinas, especially USAF Air Rescue Service.  Actually, I would like to see a sheet on post war USAF rescue service aircraft: OA-10 Catalina, SB-17 Flying Fortress, SB-29 Dumbo, HU-16 Albatross and the like.

Maybe it's just me.😜

I think that’s a fantastic idea, in both 1/72 and 1/48!

I'm all for it. I want to do a USAF short-wing Albatross from the Korean War. I've got the Sova kit for it, but I'd like to have specific decals for it. Also, I'd love to add the OA-10 Rescue bird in red, yellow, and blue-gray. Just what is that blue-gray color anyway?