• 3 weeks later...

In the Jet Modeling forum there is a thread about NASA F-104s with some photos. I think they are very attractive schemes. Would love to see the decals done in 1/48. Apparently there was only a 1/72 set released that is now out of production. Link below.

Edited by Mstor

How about some generic US Navy bureau numbers & type designations along generic USN fuselage & tail code letters & numbers in black & white for your Basics line.  These would make it easier to create custom USN models.

:cheers: and happy modeling, Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

How about some love for the 1/72 Sikorsky HH-3/S-61R?  I bet some of us, like me, have the old Revell kit in the stash.  Think of all the schemes:

USAF ADC Gray

USAF SEA scheme

USAF Euro 1

USCG

Italy

Probably missing some schemes.  Atlantis Models is re-releasing the Aurora 1/72 HH-3 in 2Q19, but I understand the Revell kit is superior.  

• 3 weeks later...

Thought about doing any OA/A-37B Dragonfly's Kursad? Pretty much the only thing out there in 1/48 are some really hard to come by SuperScale sheets. Would love to do some 19th TASS, 51st TFW from Osan, Korea and the Howard AFB ones in Panama.

On 10/16/2018 at 4:33 PM, Bryan H. said:

How about some generic US Navy bureau numbers & type designations along generic USN fuselage & tail code letters & numbers in black & white for your Basics line.  These would make it easier to create custom USN models.

:cheers: and happy modeling, Bryan

Excellent idea. Both in black and white. 

Cheers

Collin

I too am  would love a new A-37 sheet.  Super Scales however did not sale well but I think it had a lot to do with inaccuracies and timing.  One aircraft to illustrate the inaccuracy was one of the test OA-37B's flown by the USAF Test Pilot's school at Edwards AFB.  The one's used at the school were used to teach spins.  As such those aircraft had a black stripe painted lengthwise on the starboard wing with the insignia and USAF dropped out.   

On 11/25/2018 at 3:40 AM, Tomcat Trebor said:

I would like to see a sheet(s) of early F-15 in the air superiority blue scheme. True it would be harder for the 1/48 scalers as no kit is available therefore some sort of conversions would have to be necessary but the 1/72 scalers (me) kits are available.

Robert

Wouldn't the old Monogram 1/48 F-15A work for that scheme?

5 hours ago, KursadA said:

An early F-15A sheet will be awesome - I have been collecting references for a while and you may see a sheet sometime in the coming year.

Would it include some of the prototypes?   "Streak Eagle" would be cool also.....

The very first issue of the first 1/72 scale F-15 from Hasegawa (not the current, recessed lines kit) had the markings for the No. 1 bird. Painting it is a bit tricky as the division line between the air superiority blue and the fluorescent red-orange on the outer faces of the fins goes through the stylistic F-15 Eagle design. I built that kit years ago and the model went to the USAF Museum. I remember carefully hand brushing air-superiority blue inside the outline numbers. Lotsa fun.

1024px-F-15A_first_prototype_2_zpsfbbxgt

Edited by Paul Boyer

OK, let's do this - I will call this sheet "F-15 Eagle - The Early Years". If the concept catches on, I will perhaps do "Early Years" for other aircraft as well, covering the prototypes, pre-production and early service examples. The F-16 (yeah, yeah - I know it's been done. Be kind to the baby seals) and F-18 come to mind.

I already have been working on an A-37 sheet - in fact, I remember having started a thread for it. I am working on it from time to time - I think it should be done by Spring.

Edited by KursadA

I'm going to insert a shameless plug for my post in this same topic from back in August that may have gone unnoticed...

I'd like to throw out another one... Something like "ADTAC Eagles" or maybe " Interceptor Eagles" to comprise of F-15's assigned to any of the Fighter Interceptor Squadron units.  5th, 48th, 57th, and 318th come to mind... maybe I'm missing some?  They've all been done in the past, but I think most sheets are getting on in age.  I'd personally like to see something in 1/48, not sure what (if any) of those are available in 72nd.

-Ryan

3 hours ago, KursadA said:

OK, let's do this - I will call this sheet "F-15 Eagle - The Early Years". If the concept catches on, I will perhaps do "Early Years" for other aircraft as well, covering the prototypes, pre-production and early service examples. The F-16 (yeah, yeah - I know it's been done. Be kind to the baby seals) and F-18 come to mind.

I already have been working on an A-37 sheet - in fact, I remember having started a thread for it. I am working on it from time to time - I think it should be done by Spring.

I'd like to see the Hornet and Super Hornet FSD schemes  as decals.