Hi - Getting Back in After 10-Year Hiatus

Hi everyone!

I was fairly active here from about 2004 thru 2007 or so...in '07 I had to disassemble my workbench, and it's STILL in storage in the garage. I'm trying to clean out the basement so that I can resume my passion for model airplanes.

I am almost starting from scratch, and my first big question is about airbrushes. I had a Badger 155 Anthem and LOVED it. Is it still considered a quality airbrush? Any others that you'd recommend?

Also, are Testors Model Master Enamels still available? I've read some scuttlebutt about them being discontinued, just curious.

Same thing about Tenax...I was just reading a thread about Tenax, and was delighted to see Weldon #3 was available as SCI-GRIP3. I used Super Weld-On wayyyyy back when Reagan was in office, and it was a good plastic welding agent.

Thanks for your time!!

Mitch

Cincinnati, OH

Long Live the Tomcat.....

Welcome back. Late last year started getting back into modeling after 15 years or so and things certainly have changed since then. Heard the same about Testors enamel paints in that they're going to discontinue them and going to acrylic only. Squadron doesn't carry them or at least I couldn't find 'em, but Evilbay does. Can't help you on your airbrush---still have my Paasche airbrushes that I hope to be using very soon. One's single, the other double action. Used the heck out of the single action and bought the double action one real cheap on Evilbay. Just checked Evilbay and someone's got one for sell (BRAND NEW) w/case, attachments, etc. with a bid of $20 plus shipping which ends a little over a day from now. Apparently there are different versions of your airbrush, up to a -9 model. Hopes this helps.

12 minutes ago, willc453 said:

Welcome back. Late last year started getting back into modeling after 15 years or so and things certainly have changed since then. Heard the same about Testors enamel paints in that they're going to discontinue them and going to acrylic only. Squadron doesn't carry them or at least I couldn't find 'em, but Evilbay does. Can't help you on your airbrush---still have my Paasche airbrushes that I hope to be using very soon. One's single, the other double action. Used the heck out of the single action and bought the double action one real cheap on Evilbay. Just checked Evilbay and someone's got one for sell (BRAND NEW) w/case, attachments, etc. with a bid of $20 plus shipping which ends a little over a day from now. Apparently there are different versions of your airbrush, up to a -9 model. Hopes this helps.

Yes, thanks. I've heard some grumbling about MM acrylics, so if I'm unable to find enamels, I'll go to Gunze or another brand.

I had 2 Paasche H airbrushes for 20 some years, the Badger 155 was my first DA airbrush, and I LOVED it. I'm trying not to take out a second mortgage just to fund an airbrush, LOL.

I'm looking forward to building again. This was my last build, for the "Tomcat Sunset" model contest at NAS Oceana in the fall of 2006. Ahh, the Hasegawa 'Cats.

36275069845_aa6bba5689_o.jpg

35442788484_273652edfc_o.jpg