The first finished model of 2017. HobbyBoss kit in 1:72ish scale (closer to 1:60 I guess) and Begemot decals. Several changes had to be made in order to bring the kit, built to represent the first two prototypes, to the rebuilt 5th flying prototype.

Full article and gallery here:  https://vvsmodelling.com/2017/08/01/sukhoi-su-57-t-50-5r-pak-fa/

pakfa.jpg

pakfa-4.jpg

pakfa-6.jpg

pakfa-5.jpg

pakfa-11.jpg

pakfa-12.jpg

pakfa-18.jpg

Fantastic, hard to see that it's a 1/72nd scale feels far bigger. You really made it come alive with all those different tones.

Only thing, it is way too clean to be manly! :P

outstanding work mate!

21 hours ago, Aigore said:

Fantastic, hard to see that it's a 1/72nd scale feels far bigger. You really made it come alive with all those different tones.

Only thing, it is way too clean to be manly! :P

outstanding work mate!

Thanks mate!

Well they are kept pretty well, but there is considerable staining on the right wing, though I'm not sure from what. I promise I will build some dirtier aircraft in the future ;)

Nice job, I've never been much into 1/72 scale, but like someone mentioned above you really can't tell its 1/72 and I've always thought that is the mark of a really good modeler.  If you can make a 1/72 scale look like 1/48 or 1/32 and not be able to notice you've got some good talent and skill.

Dan

12 hours ago, dsahling said:

Nice job, I've never been much into 1/72 scale, but like someone mentioned above you really can't tell its 1/72 and I've always thought that is the mark of a really good modeler.  If you can make a 1/72 scale look like 1/48 or 1/32 and not be able to notice you've got some good talent and skill.

Dan

Thank you for your nice words, Dan!

• 1 month later...