1 hour ago, stalal said:

How do they define heavy users? We all cant be heavy users. We make models and we do it as a hobby, not doing this on commerical basis. 

I would assume they mean by how many photos are being linked to. If you look at it that way, we probably post more photos than most commercial entities in that we might post 20 or more pics per build thread. Multiply that times how many build threads one has and it adds up to a significant amount of linked files. Maybe that's not what they consider, but it would make sense.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

So I noticed that I can still see the pics that I posted here in all my articles that I've posted to ARC even though I have not succumbed to PB's extortion fees.   Anyone know what that is?   I would have figured I'd get the same wonky pic that I see in everyone else's posts.

Hey Don, I THINK they've started with the group of people who've had a larger amount of linked to photos first. The assumption is that eventually they will get around to blocking ALL of the non-paying users but just haven't gotten to them yet. I would bet dollars to doughnuts that eventually your pics will go away and you'll get the dreaded dumbodometer image

Bill

You may be right Bill.   All my pics the are uploaded to PB are still on my computer so I don't have to worry about loosing those.  I do miss all the great stuff others have posted here on ARC.   I had bookmarked many of the articles for future reference. 

Wow...to not expect customer backlash on this just defies logic. With all of the other free services available to people they actually thought folks were going to just line up and pay the $400+ dollars? O.k....

On 8/18/2017 at 0:19 PM, niart17 said:

Hey Don, I THINK they've started with the group of people who've had a larger amount of linked to photos first. 

Nope. I had used merely sixteen percent of allowed bytes, bandwidth, or whatever the value is for photo storage and they nailed me a couple weeks ago.

I picked up my toys and left.