CMK resin me 410 cockpit

Hey all,

I've been working on Revell's 48th Me 410, and I'm at the point of fitting the forward resin tub, and it won't fit properly.

The blast tube covers for the guns get in the way.

Am I supposed to leave those off?  The CMK instructions show them in place, but I can't do any more sanding.

Any advice will help, thanks

Cheers,  Ian

Yes, I found this article over on FSM.  

He used the Aries resin pit, where I have the CMK version.

His fit really good where as mine needs some adjustments.

I like Hanna and Fritzi.  They are cool.

Great article

Thanks, guys! imatt88, I had to do a fair amount of sanding and trimming both the resin and kit plastic to get things to fit- particularly the wheel wells. Take your time, whittle sparingly as you go and test fit- you'll get it to fit! I still think the 410 is one of the prettiest hot rods of WWII. :)

Cheers!

chuk

Chuk,

I loved your article.  Did you do the artwork on those two girls you inserted into your thread?

They made it interesting, for sure.

The CMK tub is a solid chunk of resin, and if I want to leave the kit as is, I will have to grind on the tub to get it to fit properly.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet

I'm using your build as reference

Cheers,  Ian

Edited by imatt88
Spelling
3 hours ago, chukw said:

Thanks, guys! imatt88, I had to do a fair amount of sanding and trimming both the resin and kit plastic to get things to fit- particularly the wheel wells. Take your time, whittle sparingly as you go and test fit- you'll get it to fit! I still think the 410 is one of the prettiest hot rods of WWII. :)

Cheers!

chuk

we have missed you!! I looked inside a Promodeler box last night, and you are right about the Aires parts. Also have the Meng kits in my stash, and really a mile ahead of the game. Wish they'd do a ME210.

gary

Thanks, Ian- much appreciated! Yes, I'm an artist by trade, and do all the girlie art. :) I have a bunch of spares from my build, including the CMK wheel wells left over from their engine set. It's yours if you like.

Gary, those Meng kits pique my interest, but one 410 is enough for me- so many other kits to build, and so few lifetimes in which to build 'em. ;) Thanks for the kind words, my friend- and cheers!

1 hour ago, chukw said:

Thanks, Ian- much appreciated! Yes, I'm an artist by trade, and do all the girlie art. :) I have a bunch of spares from my build, including the CMK wheel wells left over from their engine set. It's yours if you like.

Gary, those Meng kits pique my interest, but one 410 is enough for me- so many other kits to build, and so few lifetimes in which to build 'em. ;) Thanks for the kind words, my friend- and cheers!

Awhile back I bought the "revised addition" of the Great Wall P-61 Black Widow. Looking at the kit I thought of you doing one.

gary

Check your PMs, Ian!  I have an ancient email address attached to my profile, and I can't for the life of me remember my password to change it.

Gary, I have an old Monogram kit with all the Eduard etch and some other goodies, but I'd be severely tempted if I could find a deal on the new P-61A with the clear radome and proper turret. ;)

3 hours ago, chukw said:

Check your PMs, Ian!  I have an ancient email address attached to my profile, and I can't for the life of me remember my password to change it.

Gary, I have an old Monogram kit with all the Eduard etch and some other goodies, but I'd be severely tempted if I could find a deal on the new P-61A with the clear radome and proper turret. ;)

I found mine in the marked down stack in a hobby shop. Bought it and the Academy B25G for less than the P-61 was originally going for. The B25G was my main interest as I already knew the kit's back ground. Now if we could just get GWH to kit an A26 of the P61's quality!

gary