G'day,

I am working my way through the 1/48 Cobra Company HH-65 interior set and I have a question regarding the orientation of resin part 10. This is listed as comms power. It looks like a small collection of cannon plug connectors.

The instructions state that it should be placed in the same spot corresponding to the small floor panel on the opposite site behind the front seats on the left. The picture in the instructions is not much help, and they do not specify what the correct orientation should be?

Can anyone help me with the correct orientation of this part.

I cannot find a picture of this item any USCG HH-65C walkarounds, is this item specific to the HH-65A perhaps?

cheers,

Pappy

On 05/08/2017 at 5:23 AM, SpiritZeroThree said:

Not the best picture, but its all ive got on the phone right now. Comms tower is oriented with displays aft.

G'day S03,

Thanks very much for the reply. That looks a lot different to the part supplied in the CC set. The one in your pic also seems to have a couple of LCD displays attached to it. Is this a later version or upgrade?

cheers,

Pappy

The tower itself is the same thats been installed since the HH-65C model came online in '05-'06, a couple panels have changed since then - FLIR control panel is at the top of the tower (controls FLIR anti-ice and has the illuminator master arm switch) was an MH addition that we got with FLIR installs in 2012ish, and the bottom panel is now hoist camera control that we got with the new digital hoist cams in 2014.