Tornado GR.1 "Alarm Belle", Op Granby, 1:72 by Revell

I´d like to present you my latest build. It´s the Tornado GR.1 by Revell in 1:72. I remember building this kit first when it came out some years ago, and also remember how much I was surprised about the quality of the kit. I ended up doing two more Tornados then, and this time this kit also convinced me to buy two more which won´t wait long in my stash...

q2IsVmJ.jpg

I think most of you know the kit, that is nice and easy to build, but has some minor shortcomings. Nevertheless it looks like the real bird!

tfbwXyv.jpg

For the markings I took the decals of the latest edition of the Italeri-kit of the Tornado, which depicts four different Desert Storm (or, Operation Granby, as the Tommies call it) versions. My first intention was to do "Cherry Lips", but since the Italeri-kit belongs to my daughter (a gift from me, with the intention of using the decals...) and her objection that she´d do "CL", I had to divert to "Alarm Belle".

LHfiRD4.jpg

For desert pink I used Revell "Flesh" 35, which fits the color quite good!

RgCb1GS.jpg

The decals of the Italeri-kit don´t fit perfectly, especially around the shark-mouth, where the gun-openings and the ESM-sensors have some significant differences in their overall placement to the Italeri-kit. It´s hardly notable, though... Forget that I told you about it! ;)

o1AfQLT.jpg

O597EaJ.jpg

As load-out I used the typical standard - "Hindenburg"-tanks, 2 AIM-9Ls, Skyshadow and BOZ-107 - and 4 Mk.13/114 dumb bombs.

dLAazVt.jpg

Pilot-figures are from the Revell-set.

LIrbYBR.jpg

Hope you like it!

HAJO

Edited by Hajo L.
  • 1 month later...