New Decals - VA-65 A-6 Intruders Pt.1 & 2 (1966-91)

Another 1/32 A-6 Intruder release coming, actually two releases. Sheets 32-023 & 32-024 will only cover one squadron - VA-65 Tigers but spans 25 years of their aircraft, starting with their Vietnam War deployments (including the early camo test scheme and the ill-fated 1967 Forrestal cruise), then into the mid 70s period with their more well known schemes, and the beginning of low viz in the early 80s, and ending at Desert Storm. Part 1, 32-023, will cover the six high viz period schemes and includes full stencils for one aircraft (additional stencils are available separately with previous sheet 32-002). Part 2, 32-024, will cover the later four low viz period schemes.

Now in stock and available to order:

www.AOAdecals.com

profiles.jpg

32-023 - six schemes covering the high viz period (includes full stencils for one aircraft):
32023a.jpg

32023b.jpg

32-024 - four schemes covering the low viz period:
32024.jpg

Edited by ziggyfoos

Very nice options there! That high viability scheme with the orange striping is probably what got me interested in the aircraft as a kid in the 70s - I want to say there was a really good pic of that a/c in the original Squadron "In Action" book on the Intruder which caught my eye at the hobby shop.

12 hours ago, Petrov27 said:

Very nice options there! That high viability scheme with the orange striping is probably what got me interested in the aircraft as a kid in the 70s - I want to say there was a really good pic of that a/c in the original Squadron "In Action" book on the Intruder which caught my eye at the hobby shop.

Likewise it brings back fond memories for me also, the bright orange scheme was one of the options in the Hasegawa kit way back in the 70's it just happened to be the first Hasegawa kit that I bought, I had read lots about them in model magazines but had never come across anywhere that stocked them, then whilst on a family summer holiday I found a model shop that stocked them and this was the box top scheme, it was just too gorgeous to resist, and there started my interest in US Navair subjects. 

On 07/08/2017 at 10:49 PM, kellyF15 said:

Man i wish this was in 48 scale....

Oh yes I wish that was the case too.