I haven't really posted about this in a long time. But I have Masters that I'm ready to pour the RTV silicone mold around I constructed from balsa wood and multiview drawings with different references. One question I have is I'm looking for someone to do short run photo-etch of high quality for certain parts of these aircraft kits that I want to produce. Parts such as grills antenna and cockpit detail. Don't know of anyone who does after market corsets of actor market for other kits but would like someone to work on a master cockpit for me with landing gears if I can provide the photos. One other question I have is once I make or pour the RTV silicone do you need a degasser chamber. I have a vacuum pump but not the one chamber yet. Looking for anyone with input who has done and worked on this kind of stuff

Just now, Eribuz87 said:

I haven't really posted about this in a long time. But I have Masters that I'm ready to pour the RTV silicone mold around I constructed from balsa wood and multiview drawings with different references. One question I have is I'm looking for someone to do short run photo-etch of high quality for certain parts of these aircraft kits that I want to produce. Parts such as grills antenna and cockpit detail. Don't know of anyone who does after market corsets of actor market for other kits but would like someone to work on a master cockpit for me with landing gears if I can provide the photos. One other question I have is once I make or pour the RTV silicone do you need a degasser chamber. I have a vacuum pump but not the one chamber yet. Looking for anyone with input who has done and worked on this kind of stuff

I want to make note that the Masters are have so far constructed are the wings the body and the tail portions. I still got to work on the body which I'm looking at getting a shell vacu formed so I have not a solid brick of resin. I'm visiting a local vacuform owner here in the Detroit area to help me make shells of the main body so I can add the intake an cut out the other areas such as the windshield without compromising the wood master.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2017 at 11:12 AM, Eribuz87 said:

I want to make note that the Masters are have so far constructed are the wings the body and the tail portions. I still got to work on the body which I'm looking at getting a shell vacu formed so I have not a solid brick of resin. I'm visiting a local vacuform owner here in the Detroit area to help me make shells of the main body so I can add the intake an cut out the other areas such as the windshield without compromising the wood master.

20 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

that bird of prey looks nice IRL, do you have pictures of the progress?

I've been focused on my job for the most part for the past few years as I do three military contracts for cleaning at Selfridge. I'm working on getting the garage that shares my parents back into order I already got all the necessity equipment machinery and tables to do it. I just got to do some organization of the other junk in there. Which I've been doing for the past week at an hour day. Hopefully by September the end of I can finally progress start posting photos of everything again. One thing back when I was doing this wasn't sure on dimensions for the line drawings. I might be starting from the beginning for a few of these but they didn't take that long to start out. The progress you see on the Boeing bird of prey antacid blue are for the most part got done in an afternoon. Main tools are used are a Dremel wet and dry sandpaper different kinds of putty. Some sheet plastic of styrene. The main things I'm going to contract out the be done are the cockpits and photo that's what I'm looking for someone to help do that portion for the model kits I'm planning and going to produce and batches. Growing up model building was a hobby. Still is. But I find it more fun to start bare bone for certain subjects. I have a process for making these I'm going to go by step by step. Airframes so far I've done 2 scale are the

1/48

RQ 3 Darkstar

Tacit Blue

Boeing Bird of prey

There are others I'm going to do but I want to make sure I get measurements proper 2 scale. As I plant on scaling them all to 1/32 scale.

I'm a black jet guy at heart.