NEW 1/48 Phantom goodies for Zm and other makes

Hi everyone!  Just a note on the ZM kits, accessories, and other 1/48 scale items.   

We we are going full speed with intakes and exhaust nozzles for the ZM Phantoms.  The 25 sets we made of Seamless Intakes w/ splitter plates  and Exhaust Nozzles sold out in a hour at the recent IPMS NATS.  Look both of these items in the coming weeks.  In addition a complete F-4B/N conversion set will be out in a month for the ZM F-4J Kit.  It will be similar to our 1/32 Tamiya F-4B/N Super Set in providing parts for all B/N configurations.   I have already completed a test build as posted in the Display Case section here on ARC.

In addition, we will have intakes available for Academy and Hasegawa Phantoms in the next couple of months.  These will feature our detailed 2 part splitter plates with cable cutters,  fans, and pitots.  The intakes will have the modern details to match the Academy kit that are lacking in other currently produced brands, and the two part splitter plate greatly simplifies assembly and painting.

We will also be releasing sets of exhaust nozzles and complete exhaust sets for all three brands of 1/48 Phantoms this fall.

I will post on each of these products as we get closer to release with pics and pricing.   

thx

Gary

GT Resin Products

PS,  the Furball decals for VF-51 fit perfectly on the ZM rear fuselage, so the speculation that they will not fit can be put to rest as Fake News...LOL.   See my F-4B ZM conversion build in the display case for details!

Edited by ghatherly
17 minutes ago, Gene K said:

Thanks, Gary. 

What is wrong with the ZM intakes?

Gene K

Who said anything is wrong with them?  I did not.   ZM actually did a great job in designing theirs to minimize any seam work.  What seamless intakes offer is the fact that they are seamless, where as the kit ones have seams that need to be filled. Without getting into a discussion about steam filling merits as it is a preference, not a mandatory item.  What it does offer is the ability to not use the full  engines if you opt to go with a full exhaust replacement set.  This is why we will offer both a replacement Nozzle and a full replacement exhaust for the ZM.

Hope this answers you question, as the other kit brands like Academy ( hard to install and fill ) and Hasegawa ( non existent) are in real need of help.   Ours will be detailed as the kits are so that they fit in with the airframe, instead of plain and without surface details like to old CE set for Hasegawa that most others have based their offerings on.

with your F4b conversion coming out (for ZM Phantoms), I looked to see if you'd answered my prayers! ZM plans on doing the C,D,&E series soon, so why not a recon conversion? A ZM RF4c would be a killer kit, and an early RF4b has got to be a mile better than the Hasegawa.

gary

C.D.E.F.G, RF’s and the Brit jets are planned per the ZM team at the NATS over the next few years.  Looks like every 6 months is a new release you you guys and gals do the math as to how long it will take.  What is not in the plan is the B, so hence our go ahead to tool up for a B conversion of the J kit.      

1/32 is also planned at some point down the road,  but please keep in mind the ZM team is small and they want to stay that way.

Edited by ghatherly
3 hours ago, ghatherly said:

What seamless intakes offer is the fact that they are seamless, where as the kit ones have seams that need to be filled.  ... Hope this answers you question ... .

Yes, thanks.

Gene K

11 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Will your conversion replace the wings to get rid of the bulges?

The top will be replaced.  The bottom is fixed with a sanding stick and a new spoiler piece between the Wheel well and the speed brake.  The instructions will cover this in the set.   

Edited by ghatherly

I think an area sorely neglected except by Aries and an etched set or two is the canopy silll/longeron area in both cockpits. The canopy open/close levers and drive rods prominetly resided here long with some sidewall detail and insulation. i was kind of surprised that ZM didn't provide details here. In my mind a resin or etched insert for this area along with canopy inner frame details might make a good aftermarket set.

Thanks for the kind words, as much work has gone into he is new product line.  Another conversion kit we are going to offer is an F-4C Wild Weasel set made possible by that jet being include dint he 2017 NATS decals sheet.