New Tool su-25?

There has been an embarrassment of riches in the last few years when it comes to the variety and quality of Russian subjects being released. Somebody has to be coming out with an Su-25 to round out the full stable of Cold War subjects right?

Good lord, yes please!. (In 1/72 scale. )

The Italeri kit is long in the tooth and wrong in so many ways.. The ancient Monogram kit is no better. 

I would have thought with the track record of Trumpy/HB taking the 1/32 offerings and scaling them down, this one would have been out a LONG time ago. 

Then there were the 1/48 Su-24 and Su-34 that then appeared in 1/72, so there is a track record of that as well. 

Some of Zvezda's new tooled kits are quite good, the Mi-24's are well received, so there is some slight hope there too.

So, I have given up on Hasegawa, Fijimi, Academy, or RoG doing one, but am still hopeful for Trumpy/HB or Zvezda to new tool  issue. But a new tool, top shelf Trumpy 1/72 a/c running $70 plus is a non-starter for me. I will be excited for it, I will collect more images, I will read the tweeks, but I will wait until the price is more sane. 

And THAT is probably the reason we have not seen one!

Until then, I will just keep knocking off these shelf queens...

But to quote Dragan "A pain in the @ss to work with.  Somehow I am stuck with short run and resin kits this year.  biggrin.gif "

That is a beautiful piece of work, but I am still hoping for a mass market 'kit assembler' level release...

I will assume trumpeter/HB will downscale their 1/32 one.

I will also assume nothing will be fixed and it will be just as terrible accuracy wise as the 1/32 one was. Otherwise, sadly we havent heard any news about new tool, overlooked aircraft for sure.

SMER makes both two and one seaters. But  reviews are not that good. 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=8210&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=955&keyword_search=su-25&setPerPage=25&currency_id=11

Su-25 is a very interesting plane so there should be good representation of it in the model world. May be not from Kitty Hawk or Hobby Boss, making their fundamental mistakes, but some more reputable model manufacturer. 

What Berkut said.

I think it's just a matter of time. The manufacturers are slowly producing all of the obscure (and not-so-obscure) subjects that we've wanted for years, so I'd bet a banana split that we'll see a new-tool 1/72 and 1/48 Su-25 within the next few years from Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, or Zvezda. More likely, from all three at the same time -- LOL.

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

On 10.08.2017 at 10:01 PM, ChernayaAkula said:

^ Maybe we could get kotey to put in some words for a new Grach with Zvezda? 

What do you think, kotey? :rolleyes:

I'l try, but i doub that Zvezda so soon re-release Su-25s,  maybe only change decal to new and bigger and all.

3 minutes ago, kotey said:

I'l try, but i doub that Zvezda so soon re-release Su-25s,  maybe only change decal to new and bigger and all.

Tell them to make at least one of the Russian 5th generation prototypes please.. PAK-FA, Su-47, Mig 1.44 in 1/48 :D any one of them will do. :p

1/48 isnt Zvezda's scale so i doubt we will see anything from them in that scale any time soon. Yak-130 was rumored to be in 48, and they might still do it in that scale, but i wouldnt hold my breath for something as obscure as Su-47 or MiG 1.44 from them in 1/48.

3 hours ago, Berkut said:

1/48 isnt Zvezda's scale so i doubt we will see anything from them in that scale any time soon. Yak-130 was rumored to be in 48, and they might still do it in that scale, but i wouldnt hold my breath for something as obscure as Su-47 or MiG 1.44 from them in 1/48.

a 1/48th SU25 from AMK or GWH would probably be a killer

gary