ARC Discussion Forums
Janissary

Giving up beer for a month

Gambler   
9 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

I guess I'm the odd duck here. I haven't had a drop of alcohol in my life. It's not because I'm against it, though the POTENTIAL effects are devastating. There are four factors that did it for me. One, there is alcoholism that runs in my extended family, two I drink because I'm thirsty, and I drink a lot, three I don't like being out of control in my decision making, and four I was a firefighter/EMT and saw what effects alcohol caused in accidents. It wasn't pretty! I have a very outgoing personality, so I don't need alcohol to "loosen up". I'm also a very relaxed person, so I don't need alcohol for that either. The smell puts me off, so I can imagine that the taste would too. So, there you have my odd ball story of why I've never drank.

Yep, nothing wrong with that Darren!

Cheer's,

Jeff.

I just quit drinking sodas recently. I don't drink alcohol or beer very often at all (Maybe had one or two drinks all year). Now the hard part is quitting smoking. I've tried before cold turkey and let's just say it wasn't pretty. I still gotta try again at some point.