Monogram A-4E canopy

Picked up a couple of the "Hi-Tech" offerings of the venable Monogram Skyhawk dirt cheap knowing there is supposedly issues with the canopy. Is this correctable, a vacuum-formed canopy available, or just stick with it and hope a good paint job hides any fallacies lol? Either way I'm not giving these babies up, 4 for $20 was to good of a deal to pass.

Squadron do a vac canopy, but its designed for the Hasegawa kit, I don't know if it will fit the Monogram kit. I do have examples of both the Monogram and Hasegawa (Eduard) kit, I could try the canopy's on each to see what if any the difference is.

4 for $20..damn that's a deal! I can't seem to find one online for under $25 shipped! At that point you're getting close to hasegawa money.

Canopy looks a bit squashed in the closed position, but I've seen lots of builds with it in the open position and it looks fine (to me)

I got a box of 12 on eBay for $80. It was a heck of a deal! I'm going to use them all for the Fight's On decal sets. Here's a profile of a Skyhawk I just finished with the canopy closed. I don't think it's all that bad. I'm not passionate about the Skyhawk, though.

dsc-0505_3_orig.jpg

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

I got a box of 12 on eBay for $80. It was a heck of a deal! I'm going to use them all for the Fight's On decal sets. Here's a profile of a Skyhawk I just finished with the canopy closed. I don't think it's all that bad. I'm not passionate about the Skyhawk, though.

dsc-0505_3_orig.jpg

Thats awesome. I wouldn't say I'm passionate about the Skyhawk, especially compared to other aircraft subjects, but I really really dig just how badass it can actually look. In saying that I only enjoy the later models with the hump on the spine and the OA-4 versions. Ah screw it, if it looks like a Skyhawk then it's a Skyhawk lol.