a new F-14 from Tamiya 1.32

A new Tamiya 1/32 F-14 Tomcat  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should Tamiya issue a totally new mold F-14 Tomcat?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but...

On 8/15/2017 at 2:31 PM, Timvkampen said:

Since Top Gun 2 is coming a new F-14 from Tamiya in 1/32 would be a nice tribute (and they already gave us a 1/48 scale one so why quit when you're winning?)

HTH Tim

Since everyone complains about the errors in the 1/32 Trumpeter kit, and the old Tamiya 1/32 is a mix of raised and recessed detailing with bad fit between the forward and main fuselage, YES! Please Tamiya, produce a new tool 1/32 F-14. 

3 hours ago, jimz66 said:

They should rework the backend I think that is the part that has the raised panel lines. Other than that no JUST LOWER their DAMN skyhigh prices. 

Agreed. I'd gladly grab the Tamiya 1/32 Tomcat as it currently stands but not at the current prices. The "General" of the house would not be pleased...LOL!

15 minutes ago, Don said:

Agreed. I'd gladly grab the Tamiya 1/32 Tomcat as it currently stands but not at the current prices. The "General" of the house would not be pleased...LOL!

I agree, if they reworked the "back end" of their 1/32 kit with the raised panel lines it would greatly help, and I do like the working swing wings since I build "in flight" models, but considering what a huge portion of the kit that is, they might as well retool the entire kit. JMO The Tamiya 1/32 isn't a bad kit but the detailing doesn't compare to the Trumpeter kit, not even the forward fuselage with recessed detail. I have both kits, but again that's just my opinion.

No! Because, Tamiya's prices make their large scale aircraft kits largely unaffordable. On the other hand, if it was priced at the same level as the new Revell F/A-18E kit (£69 /$90) then I might be persuaded to buy it!😉

Edited by Albeback58
8 hours ago, Albeback58 said:

No! Because, Tamiya's prices make their large scale aircraft kits largely unaffordable. On the other hand, if it was priced at the same level as the new Revell F/A-18E kit (£69 /$90) then I might be persuaded to buy it!😉

The thing that makes Tamiya prices unaffordable "for you" is where you live.

It has nothing to do with Tamiya what so ever.

Continuallly for years modellers from the US and Europe whinge and whine about Trumpeter, Tamiya and Hasegawa prices.

I can walk into any shop in Tokyo or Osaka and by Tamiya 48th F-16's for $35, 32nd F-16's for under $100, F-4's for $70, Hasegawa 48th kits for 15-25, Hasegawa 109's and 190's in 32nd for $35.

Far from expensive.

Its utterly incredible people who live about as far from the point of production continually bleet on about kit prices because "Revell" can do it so cheap.

Mmm its not Revell doing it "cheap" its because you dont have to ship big boxes half way around the world then charge import taxes and GST on them.

Try buying Revell in Japan or Australia and see how "cheap" Revell isnt.

The new 190 $85, the new 262 $100!

You want cheap go buy Trumpeter in Hong Kong just take a very big suitcase.

Kit prices are relative..relative to where you live and they get made.