mIG 21 INTERIOR COLOR

This has probably already been answered but I'm new here and not sure where to look for an answer.

What is the color of the Mig 21 interior. I know it's kind of bluish green but is there a brand of paint or mix ratio which would work?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 2:23 AM, Roberto123 said:

This has probably already been answered but I'm new here and not sure where to look for an answer.

What is the color of the Mig 21 interior. I know it's kind of bluish green but is there a brand of paint or mix ratio which would work?

It's not a direct answer to your question, but I recently mixed the color of a MiG-25R from book photos. After five tries I ended up with Humbrol 2+47+221 in a 1:3:1 mix ratio. It resulted in a color close to RAL 5021 Wasserblau, I noted afterwards. Maybe it's of some use.

mig25r-17.jpg

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie

I'm very surprised that the paint companies have not come out with something; Gunze could work with Eduard to have a match...... you would have thought.

I mixed my own, which matches Eduards stuff, but am amazed at the lack of interest from companies that you would imagine would leap at this sort of thing

Les 

I do use acrylics, but would prefer a lacqer or enamel based paint to come out, as I've had acrylics bleed colour when using other wash and decal set products after. The batch of paint I mixed up from Gunze acrylics did exactly that and boy is that a bad colour to have bleeed onto exterior surfaces!

Les