Anyone else have problems with the 'back' button on the forums?

Several weeks ago I started having issues with the 'back' button not working on the ARC forums. To clarify, if I opened a topic to read, I had to click on one of the forum tabs (home, general discussion, etc.) at the top to get back to the main forum. I thought it might have been my computer, but after buying a new one, it does the same thing. This is the only forum/site that has this problem. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Also no such problem, on home in Linux Chrome or on the road in Android Chrome.

I typically read posts from the new activity page, and use the browser back button to get back to that page to read the next post. There's also a labeled button from the forum software (currently labeled "General Dis...") that takes you to the topic containing the post. That also works as expected from my phone. 

What browser are you using?

What does happen when you hit the back button? 

Also having the same problem, only on this site and also using Firefox.  Most times I can get around the problem by clicking the refresh button and then double clicking the back button.  However that does not work all the time.

Cheers

Dave

Like Jim and Dave above, using Firefox. dnl42, nothing happens. It simply remains on the page I'm reading at the time. Ok, so it appears the culprit is Firefox. It's not an end of world issue, just annoying! Oh well

Firefox here, same problem.

The maddening part is that sometimes it works just fine,,,,,,,and other times I have to use the Home link at the top and bottom of the page.

And it is only on ARC, other forums with this software work just fine.

I use Chrome and the back button takes me back to the forum discussions page okay  but I notice

that the thread that I just read disappears.  Treats it like it is a "read" item and deletes it.

Haven't figured that out yet.  

:beer4:

Jerry

Edited by k5ikl

Dave, what version of Firefox are you using? I had to upgrade from my old version to Firefox 50, because some pages just stopped working with that old version of the broweser. Just an idea.

I am on ARC for over 10 years, and have never used that button. I am always using the browser's navigation bar to go back.

BTW: I just tested it: It works fine for me.

12 minutes ago, k5ikl said:

I use Chrome and the back button takes me back to the forum discussions page okay  but I notice

that the thread that I just read disappears.  Treats it like it is a "read" item and deletes it.

Haven't figured that out yet.  

:beer4:

Jerry

That's a feature. The default 'new activity' only shows posts you haven't read yet. One of the pull-down menus allows you to choose "unread" or everything.