Best 48 F-18 for an "angel"

Hi Everyone,

To expedite my project, I'd like to solicit your opinions. A former co-worker of mine has a brother who was selected this spring to become the commander of the "Blue Angels" this fall. Since I'm a reited AF officer, she asked me to give him a mock interview before he met with the selection board for this assignment. As an expression of their gratitude, they've invited me to his change of command at NAS Pensacola in a couple of months. I'm very excited and happy for this family. I want to build him a "proper" model of the leader's jet. I've built the Hasegawa C,E, and F but with Kinetic being out there now I'm wondering which kit you guys would reach for? What about decals.? Ironically, I recently built a ZM F-4 in BA markings and experimented with blue paints. Research shows the team has had several blue formulas but don't know what is closest for the '18. What about cockpit? Thanks in advance for any help.

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

I found the Kinetic kit to build up easier than the Hasegawa, but the Kinetic's wheels look weird. I'd change them out. 

IMO a Blue Angel model should be built posed in flight. 

I have also built the Hasegawa C and F in the past. I was shopping for another 48th F-18C after the Kinetic kit came out just like you. I went with the Hasegawa kit after reading and watching the reviews of the Kinetic kit. Doogs has a good set of videos of the Kinetic kit. You may find that useful. 

The main downside of the Hase kit is the lack of weapons as you know. So, acquiring the precise loadout I am looking for with the C has been holding up that project for a while now.