1/48 F-14D VF-31 (Hasegawa kit+Edueard PE)

44 minutes ago, compressorman said:

Wow, just wow.. your paint job is masterful ! ! May I ask what colors and manufacturer of paint you used for this build?

Chris

Thank you.

I use Mr.color #337 on top and #308 under. Step for painting is black primer --->base color-----> highlight shade------> wash by tamiya emanel black+brown

Edited by joker961

Awesome paint job and unique markings!  What timeframe does this model correspond to?  I have never seen AIM-54 Alphas on a "D" model before.  Not a critique, just trying to learn more about the ole' Tomcat and the "D" model since I will building one whenever the AMK kit finally is produced.   

Well done!

Steve

23 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

Awesome paint job and unique markings!  What timeframe does this model correspond to?  I have never seen AIM-54 Alphas on a "D" model before.  Not a critique, just trying to learn more about the ole' Tomcat and the "D" model since I will building one whenever the AMK kit finally is produced.   

Well done!

Steve

Thank you. 

From reference book you are right. The F-14D just only carrier AIM54C but I saw some photo the F-14D with AIM-54A I don't know why.And that time I build I only have AIM-54A😅 so that is a one reason why I use AIM-54A 😂😂😂

F-14D with AIM-54A 

qexUhmP.jpg

Edited by joker961
13 minutes ago, joker961 said:

Thank you. 

From reference book you are right. The F-14D just only carrier AIM54C but I saw some photo the F-14D with AIM-54A I don't know why.And that time I build I only have AIM-54A😅 so that is a one reason why I use AIM-54A 😂😂😂

F-14D with AIM-54A 

qexUhmP.jpg

Great photo- thanks for sharing!

24 minutes ago, joker961 said:

Thank you. 

F-14D with AIM-54A 

qexUhmP.jpg

I think that is an F-14B?

Yes the picture is a VF-211 F-14B and NICE Tomcat BTW it's nice to see something other than "Jolly Ranchers" markings on a Tomcat :thumbsup:

The "Jolly Rogers" lovers can :monkeydance:

Don

Edited by DONG
  • 4 weeks later...