1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

1 hour ago, flybywire said:

May I ask if the one produced by kitty Hawk really an Su-35 or an Su-35S?

The Su-35S is the official Russian identification of this version intended for use within the VVS. It was confirmed that the version going for export is simply Su-35.

Best regards

Gabor

6 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

The Su-35S is the official Russian identification of this version intended for use within the VVS. It was confirmed that the version going for export is simply Su-35.

Best regards

Gabor

Okay. Thanks for the explanation. 

Looks like it has flares on the underside of the stinger, which is overall good, but hopefully they are separate parts so one could build earlier frames and 901/902. It also has ECM pods which are oddly lacking in the KH kit. Now the main question is whether GWH has exhaust in resting position...

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

It is a Su-35S in the shape as in service today in the Russian VVS.

I can promise it is worth waiting for! :coolio:

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor, from your statement, I assume you have some input in the development of this kit.  Is there a release date?

40 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Gabor, from your statement, I assume you have some input in the development of this kit.  Is there a release date?

I could not either confirm or deny the above statement. :coolio:

As far as I know there is no release date set and official announcement will follow which will have more information.  

Best regards

Gabor

23 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

I could not either confirm or deny the above statement. :coolio:

As far as I know there is no release date set and official announcement will follow which will have more information.  

Best regards

Gabor

Thank you Gabor, one more question, if

you don't mine. Do you know when the official announcement will be made?

Brad

Edited by B.Sin
8 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Thank you Gabor, one more question, if

you don't mine. Do you know when the official announcement will be made?

Brad

Hi Brad,

It is all up to the manufacture. Sorry could not help with this.  We all will have to wait.

Concerning other kits, or other kits from any other manufacturer I dont think this is the forum where such questions should be raised. This one is about the G.W.H Su-35S kit.

Best regards

Gabor

27 minutes ago, nicholassagan said:

or MiG-35.

I mean, there isnt really a MiG-35 in real life either. Making a kit of it right now would be too early imho. MiG-29K/KUB would be welcomed though, and if one really wants to, it would be easy to convert it into one of the three newest MiG-35 prototypes.

8 minutes ago, adamitri said:

Berkut i tried emailing you a quseting but it wouldnt let me ....

Ah yes, my PM folder was full. Cleaned it up now, please try now.

Oh no!...... They have got it absolutely wrong !!  :woot.gif::crying:

They have spelled 'Su' with a capital letter U !!!!

Disaster - not even the poster is right !!

Just kidding - even though it isn't my scale, it is a welcome announcement.

Happy Flankering

Ken

The poster was made by GWH's main domestic retailer "3G model shop" for domestic announcement so there is some spelling mistake such as SU i/o Su.

Most Chinese guys have no idea what's the difference between SU and Su, or MIG and MiG so pls ignore their ignorance.

GWH will make another official announcement worldwide in the near future so pls keep an eye on that.

Nozzles could be positioned at any angle freely although I insist to give fixed angle parts for parking condition and free angle for modelers to choose, they did not lisiten in my idea just to save part numbers.

But still as Gabor indicated the quality of this kit will be a new standard for 1/48 jet kits ever appeared.

So IMHO your waiting will worth every second.