1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

8 minutes ago, Berkut said:

I will repeat; There is also MKA, MKM and SM(E). Which are all basically the same plane. Differences between MKI/MKA/SM(E) are bare minimal, only MKM larger extra bits and pieces and even those are minimal and easily designed and tooled. There are over 500 flying around the world in those modifications, between 5 airforces.

Totally agreed! We definitely need the Su-30MKI/MKM/MKA/SM kit in 1/48 rather than another Su-33 or Su-34 kits.

No kit manufacturer have done it yet and the time is ripe! 

I agree with Berkut. MKI family would be great. Maybe instead vanilla one and double seater. 

Maybe  chinese producers dont want ti make indian things because of politics???

Edited by mario krijan

lol in four short days this thread has gone from fanboys creaming in their jeans to criticisms of perceived deficiencies - all over a marketing poster.

Can't wait for the onslaught of criticisms over lack of sprue shots.....

On 2017. 08. 18. at 5:58 PM, kotey said:

Never  enough the Flankers!

This is very true!

And it is good to know that there is an excellent decal sheet from Begemot in 48th scale to cover all versions so far. :worship: 

Since the new G.W.H Su-35S kit is dedicated to the currently operational Su-35S versions the Begemot decal sheet will be a perfect help to anyone wishing to make the earlier versions.

Best regards

Gabor 

Frankly said, it would be really good if GWH could improve decals sheets.

Generally Chinese companies, like Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, Kitty Hawk or GWH deliver nice kits but ruined with really, really bad decals sheets.

Regarding Su-35 it is real problem, because Begemot decals (I have just received it) are very detailed, but of low printing quality: colours sometime are not aligned, and smallest stencils looks like dots and marks rather then small writings. It does not look good.

So, when there is not good decals for Su-35 available on the market, maybe manufacturer like GWH could deliver it? Kinetic could make perfect decals for their F/A-18C (artograf), so maybe GWH could make it too?

44 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Gabor, 

Any idea of a release date, or when we may see some test shots?

Brad

Hi Brad,

It is all up to the company to make an announcement. I sincerely hope that it will be made very soon! Then we will be able to say and what it even more important to show far more about the up-coming kit. Show a lot! :coolio:

Dear Solo,

I think I was the very first one to have the decals even before it was released at Moson 2017 and wrote about it on different forums in advance of Moson. Had a very close look at it and it is up to the high standard that one would expect from Begemot. What is important it provides a complete picture of the Su-35's till now. No kit manufacture can compete with this! 

Of course the G.W.H Su-35S kit will have its decal sheet but it will represent the current operational aircraft. To build earlier versions one will need the Begemot sheet and some conversion of the G.W.H kit to make the prototype and early test aircraft. 

Best regards

Gabor

4 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

Hi Brad,

It is all up to the company to make an announcement. I sincerely hope that it will be made very soon! Then we will be able to say and what it even more important to show far more about the up-coming kit. Show a lot! :coolio:

Dear Solo,

I think I was the very first one to have the decals even before it was released at Moson 2017 and wrote about it on different forums in advance of Moson. Had a very close look at it and it is up to the high standard that one would expect from Begemot. What is important it provides a complete picture of the Su-35's till now. No kit manufacture can compete with this! 

Of course the G.W.H Su-35S kit will have its decal sheet but it will represent the current operational aircraft. To build earlier versions one will need the Begemot sheet and some conversion of the G.W.H kit to make the prototype and early test aircraft. 

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor, thank you for your response.

Really looking forward to this kit.

Gabor, I was talking only about the printing quality of those Begemot's decals.

I do believe their accuracy and wide range of covered aircraft is beyond any doubt the best on the market, but this is one thing.

Second thing is the quality.

I received set with many printing carelessness and that is the fact.

I know that not everybody can afford to order their sheets in Cartograf, but some minimal level of quality should be keeped, and i think Begemot has some problems with that.

Of course my comment do not regards to all decals from this set, but it is noticeable numbers of them.

So it could be nice to have good decals just from the box of GWH's Su-35.

11 hours ago, habu2 said:

lol in four short days this thread has gone from fanboys creaming in their jeans to criticisms of perceived deficiencies - all over a marketing poster.

Can't wait for the onslaught of criticisms over lack of sprue shots.....

I had to change so many jeans..... you dont know half of it. 

1 hour ago, Solo said:

Frankly said, it would be really good if GWH could improve decals sheets.

Generally Chinese companies, like Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, Kitty Hawk or GWH deliver nice kits but ruined with really, really bad decals sheets.

Regarding Su-35 it is real problem, because Begemot decals (I have just received it) are very detailed, but of low printing quality: colours sometime are not aligned, and smallest stencils looks like dots and marks rather then small writings. It does not look good.

So, when there is not good decals for Su-35 available on the market, maybe manufacturer like GWH could deliver it? Kinetic could make perfect decals for their F/A-18C (artograf), so maybe GWH could make it too?

Pewww... Serious?? GWH decals are fantastic. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...