1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

3 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

GWH booth at the all Japan Model Hobby Show @ 18:52 if the link doesn't start at the exact time.

There's a peek of the sprues, too bad it's very short. So it's not a hoax.

The lady in blue with long hair after 18:52 is much prettier than the F-14D which will only be in 1/72 scale (seen from the poster); but the Su-35S I guess will be in 1/48 scale. It seems that this bearded guy is not very interested in fighter jet kits.....

They got the "S" profile of the lerxes. They are the only ones, after 1/72 zvezda, for correctly capturing this. 

The intakes at the base of the veritical tails are corret, right one is larger, left one is smaller. 

The spine and upper fuselage and the nose area looks fantastic.

I think it lack "full" engines unlike their F-15 and Mig-29 models.

They do not show the single piece missile sprues. But they should have it because Mig-29 series already has them. 

VERY excited!!!! I told you they are quick. This will hit the shelves before holiday season. 

Edited by foxmulder_ms
4 hours ago, Alex Matvey said:

Looks far better than KH one... But why  these ugly chutes again on the bottom part? Real plane doesn't have them at all. Fortunately, they will be barely visible on assemled model. 

What ugly chutes are you referring to? 

Well, I have to say that I'm very satisfied now. The kit looks fantastic. The only disappointment is I wish it had engine's, so I can build it with one engine exposed to see all the details. Perhaps the  after market will do a resin engine detail set. Those exhaust look absolutely fantastic, I don't think they'll be any need for resin replacements. It looks like all of the details are they already. I can only imagine what they have in store for us next!

Great job GWH !!! 

32 minutes ago, boom175 said:

What ugly chutes are you referring to? 

They look like upper parts of engine intake trunks,  moulded on the bottom surface of the fuselage. All the model makers makes them again and again. In real life intake trunks lay all below this surface and don't protrude to fuselage bottom. 

31 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Well, I have to say that I'm very satisfied now. The kit looks fantastic. The only disappointment is I wish it had engine's, so I can build it with one engine exposed to see all the details. Perhaps the  after market will do a resin engine detail set. Those exhaust look absolutely fantastic, I don't think they'll be any need for resin replacements. It looks like all of the details are they already. I can only imagine what they have in store for us next!

Great job GWH !!! 

I sincerely hope that it was worth waiting for this one! Here is the G.W.H Su-35S. Have to say that a lot of work has gone into this kit. I think I did say this before but can only repeat it again: The kit was designed by modellers for modellers.

In early design stage there were a lot of options. To have a separate engine. Well it could be, but here we would go back to the same questions as asked with the MiG-29 kit, where you either had the engine inside or just separately. If you have it on the stand separately then you will not have it inside the aircraft or there will need to be 3 engines in the kit. In terms of cost for a kit that is a lot of parts and a much higher price tag. There has to be a balance!

Today I believe that the G.W.H Su-35S kit in its present form gives that balance. Instead of an engine you will find a lot of fine details which are usually made as part of the main moulding.

Up to the time when the G.W.H Su-35S kit will be available we intend to show as much of the fore coming kit as possible.

Hope to be able to show more photos at the weeked.

We hope you will like the G.W.H Su-35S kit in 48th scale!

Best regards

Gabor

4 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Are the Chaff and Flare dispensers in the right place? Where the heck is Berkut?

The 48th scale G.W.H Su-35S kit represents current production Su-35S aircraft which have 2 of the flare dispensers on the bottom of the “stinger” tail.

I believe you are asking about the dispensers which were on top of the stinger, but they were there only on prototypes and first production series.

So you can say that the G.W.H Su-35S kit represents the current Blue-Grey examples with lots of modifications of the current standard models.

The first series aircraft which had the dark grey scheme are different in many way.

Best regards

Gabor