1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

8 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

The 48th scale G.W.H Su-35S kit represents current production Su-35S aircraft which have 2 of the flare dispensers on the bottom of the “stinger” tail.

I believe you are asking about the dispensers which were on top of the stinger, but they were there only on prototypes and first production series.

So you can say that the G.W.H Su-35S kit represents the current Blue-Grey examples with lots of modifications of the current standard models.

The first series aircraft which had the dark grey scheme are different in many way.

Best regards

Gabor

Hi Gabor! Are you saying that this GWH kit is not suitable to build into this scheme (1st picture below)?

Russian Super Jet Su-35S Battle-Tested in Syria

What about this one?

Su-35S-KnAAPO-2P-1S.jpg

Edited by flybywire
3 hours ago, flybywire said:

Hi Gabor! Are you saying that this GWH kit is not suitable to build into this scheme (1st picture below)?

What about this one?

Sure, you can build a late production Spit Mk.IX C out of it!  :rolleyes: 

Seriously. The G.W.H Su-35S kit represents the current production model. On the second photo you have a prototype plane, which had differences to production examples. The first photo is of first production batch, I call them “Grey” example. There are changes which will have to be made to build these two versions from the G.W.H Su-35S, the most noticeable are the two flare dispenser units on top of the tail stinger.

Some small conversion would be required if you want to make the above versions from the G.W.H Su-35S kit. The Begemot decal sheet provides all the necessary markings to make them.

The G.W.H Su-35S kit has in mind the currently flying version and also looking into the near future with specific airframe details.

Best regards

Gabor

6 minutes ago, Solo said:

Hi Solo,

The G.W.H Su-35S kit represents the current production model. The photo is of first production batch, I call them “Grey” example. There are changes which will have to be made to build these two versions from the G.W.H Su-35S, the most noticeable are the two flare dispenser units on top of the tail stinger.

Of course also we dont provide any decals for it. But this can be solved with the Begemot sheet 48-039

Some small conversion would be required if you want to make the above versions from the G.W.H Su-35S kit. 

Best regards

Gabor

5 minutes ago, galfa said:

Gabor,

This kit looks gorgeous.

My only worry are panel lines. In these pictures they look heavy. So, what do you think about it?

Please remember that these are test sprues! We will show more of the kit in the weeks ahead. I did say few months ago that it is worth waiting for . Believe me it is worth wainting for and see the details incorporated into the model. We  try to show as much as possible.

Best regards

Gabor

Ya-gabor - could you tell us something about ordnance available?

GWH's kits are known for rather poor weapon supply (except F-15I), so if you compare it to incredible range of missiles and bombs of Kitty Hawk kit, I am affraid your Su-35 could fall out badly.

Or mayby not?

One thing is for sure, the ancient R-60 missile will not be included in the kit!!! :rolleyes:

Other companies try to save cost by doing a general weapons set of all sorts of armament and slam it to every kit they do, even if they have nothing to do with the particular aircraft type! Sure it is possible to do it this way too, but I am not sure that this is the right way.

The photos from Japan show the weapons which are included with the kit. There is one additional item included which is on one of the frets.

As for the MiG-29 depending on the particular version, there were 3 or 4 different versions of Air to Airs. It is exactly what is the standard fit for them.

I believe it was far more important for the G.W.H Su-35S to have the flare dispensers shown in a way when the fighter takes-off for a real mission! It was not easy to persuade the team about this but eventually this is what you see on the kit! The opposition was based on the fact that everytime a Su-35S was shown in public or at airshows it had the covers installed, which are a standard fit for them. It is understandable that on the ground, in static, in storage you have a protection plate for the flare dispenser cassettes. But when you go into combat you need them loaded with the flares!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
5 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Sure, you can build a late production Spit Mk.IX C out of it!  :rolleyes: 

Seriously. The G.W.H Su-35S kit represents the current production model. On the second photo you have a prototype plane, which had differences to production examples. The first photo is of first production batch, I call them “Grey” example. There are changes which will have to be made to build these two versions from the G.W.H Su-35S, the most noticeable are the two flare dispenser units on top of the tail stinger.

Some small conversion would be required if you want to make the above versions from the G.W.H Su-35S kit. The Begemot decal sheet provides all the necessary markings to make them.

The G.W.H Su-35S kit has in mind the currently flying version and also looking into the near future with specific airframe details.

Best regards

Gabor

Many thanks for the explanation Gabor! What about the KH kit, is it closer for those two schemes, despite its shortcomings?

6 minutes ago, flybywire said:

Many thanks for the explanation Gabor! What about the KH kit, is it closer for those two schemes, despite its shortcomings?

I dont really want to comment on any other kit in this forum. It is about the G.W.H Su-35S kit. At the same time can add that the prototypes had a some differences, mainly in antennas. For the "grey" versions a different tail with upward firing flares was provided by another manufacturer. So in principle it could be good. I havent seen the kit in person so could not comment on it and it would be unfair. I havent seen the cockpit they did or the ejection seat they used for it and many other details . . . 

Best regards

Gabor 

30 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

I dont really want to comment on any other kit in this forum. It is about the G.W.H Su-35S kit. At the same time can add that the prototypes had a some differences, mainly in antennas. For the "grey" versions a different tail with upward firing flares was provided by another manufacturer. So in principle it could be good. I havent seen the kit in person so could not comment on it and it would be unfair. I havent seen the cockpit they did or the ejection seat they used for it and many other details . . . 

Best regards

Gabor 

No problem. I understand.

Well just as Gabor explained, GWH Su-35 is designed by modelers for modelers, real serious modelers.

Although no kit is perfect, we welcome and strongly recommend every modeler who buys the kit to compare the details to real life photos, one by one.

Then I believe you will feel the real value of this kit which spent around 3 years to design.

Unique features of this kit included:

- the first Su-35 kit represent the most updated batch one( also the type sold to PLAAF)

- you can switch canopy from open to close anytime after finish, to enjoy the beautiful proportion outline or detailed cockpit interiors.

- intakes and engine pods are one piece parts using slide molds to assure details on both sides. I test fit the very initial version sprue called T1 and the fitting was very satisfying.

- slats and flaps could choose drop down(parking) or up(in flight)

- stabilizers are movable so that you can place it at any angle. Gear bay covers fit the fuselage very well: such merits are for those modelers who love in flight mode

- both open and closed exhaust parts included. exhaust nozzles are 360 degrees rollable. I have to say this is the most remarkable and brilliant design! So everyone will be happy

- authentic design of K-36D5 ejection sheet details which is quite different than other K-36. Maybe the first modeled K-36D5 so far

- weapons: R-77*4, R-27ER*2, R-27ET*2, R-73*4, L-265 Khibiny-M pod*2, typical AA mission configuration in real life. R-27ER and R-27ET are all new tooled

you can also replace ECM pod of wingtip pylons any time since the joint is quite tight and sturdy

- most colorful painting schemes for Su-35: Red 06/24 attended Syria war and MAKS 2017, Blue 24 with HSU star, Red 25 also with HSU star with Russian national flag on tail rudders

As for weapon setting, I must declare that what GWH want to sell is the aircraft itself, not the weapons. 

Compared with loads of poorly researched/tooled weapons(also heard rumors that they even cannot be assembled due to lack of some fins), we prefer to deliver some selected and high quality weapons to make the aircraft more real life like, instead of those fancy air show type configuration.

Gabor and I will keep close communication with GWH to assure the best quality of the kit, and to assure you most satisfaction for the waiting.

Thanks for watching.

Yufei

Edited by haneto
Typo
2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

As for the MiG-29 depending on the particular version, there were 3 or 4 different versions of Air to Airs. It is exactly what is the standard fit for them.

I have just bought and received my first GWH's MiG-29 SMT. The kit is just perfect, but I recieved only 2 kind of AA missiles: 4xR-73 and 2xR-77.

This is really not impressive quantity of AA missile types - just 2.

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Other companies try to save cost by doing a general weapons set of all sorts of armament and slam it to every kit they do, even if they have nothing to do with the particular aircraft type! Sure it is possible to do it this way too, but I am not sure that this is the right way.

But this way is just perfect for Kitty Hawk Su-35.
They are offering dozens of AA and AG weapons (much more then 20 types ) and almost 20 out of them is suitable for Su-35.
I have got dozens of weapon loadout configuration posssibilities.
And about the quality - it is really good moulded weapons: missiles and bombs, really nice details and overall quality.

Now GWH, as I can see it on the picture, is offering me only few (I know, with perfect quality - that is the fact) AA missiles (still the same range as in previous Russian jets - MiG-29s), with no AG weapons.
Ok, so should I use weapons from KH Su-35 kit to make GWH Su-35 looking good?

I think this is the easiest and cheapest way, but it could be better to have more weapons just in GWH box.

On 9/29/2017 at 2:31 PM, ya-gabor said:

The 48th scale G.W.H Su-35S kit represents current production Su-35S aircraft which have 2 of the flare dispensers on the bottom of the “stinger” tail.

I believe you are asking about the dispensers which were on top of the stinger, but they were there only on prototypes and first production series.

So you can say that the G.W.H Su-35S kit represents the current Blue-Grey examples with lots of modifications of the current standard models.

The first series aircraft which had the dark grey scheme are different in many way.

Best regards

Gabor

N/P  Doh! Questions answered before my question

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
Answered
7 hours ago, haneto said:

Well just as Gabor explained, GWH Su-35 is designed by modelers for modelers, real serious modelers.

Although no kit is perfect, we welcome and strongly recommend every modeler who buys the kit to compare the details to real life photos, one by one.

Then I believe you will feel the real value of this kit which spent around 3 years to design.

Unique features of this kit included:

- the first Su-35 kit represent the most updated batch one( also the type sold to PLAAF)

- you can switch canopy from open to close anytime after finish, to enjoy the beautiful proportion outline or detailed cockpit interiors.

- intakes and engine pods are one piece parts using slide molds to assure details on both sides. I test fit the very initial version sprue called T1 and the fitting was very satisfying.

- slats and flaps could choose drop down(parking) or up(in flight)

- stabilizers are movable so that you can place it at any angle. Gear bay covers fit the fuselage very well: such merits are for those modelers who love in flight mode

- both open and closed exhaust parts included. exhaust nozzles are 360 degrees rollable. I have to say this is the most remarkable and brilliant design! So everyone will be happy

- authentic design of K-36D5 ejection sheet details which is quite different than other K-36. Maybe the first modeled K-36D5 so far

- weapons: R-77*4, R-27ER*2, R-27ET*2, R-73*4, L-265 Khibiny-M pod*2, typical AA mission configuration in real life. R-27ER and R-27ET are all new tooled

you can also replace ECM pod of wingtip pylons any time since the joint is quite tight and sturdy

- most colorful painting schemes for Su-35: Red 06/24 attended Syria war and MAKS 2017, Blue 24 with HSU star, Red 25 also with HSU star with Russian national flag on tail rudders

As for weapon setting, I must declare that what GWH want to sell is the aircraft itself, not the weapons. 

Compared with loads of poorly researched/tooled weapons(also heard rumors that they even cannot be assembled due to lack of some fins), we prefer to deliver some selected and high quality weapons to make the aircraft more real life like, instead of those fancy air show type configuration.

Gabor and I will keep close communication with GWH to assure the best quality of the kit, and to assure you most satisfaction for the waiting.

Thanks for watching.

Yufei

MSRP?

8 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Understood. I just remembered the heads exploding over Kitty Hawk having them on the topside.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having the flare dispenser units (officially VB-50 unit) on top of the stinger tail. It was like that on prototypes and early planes, about a dozen of them. So if a manufacturer wants to represent these aircraft in their kit then it is OK. Some of these early “Grey” examples had the flare units repositioned to the bottom during overhaul, but not on all of them.

The G.W.H Su-35S kit represents current production version with flares on the bottom. I did recommend at an early stage to have two versions in the kit, but it would have complicated the kit, additional parts, increased costs . . .

Important design philosophy behind the G.W.H Su-35S kit was to help modellers. Make it a buildable kit without unnecessary brake down of fuselage structures. Top and bottom of the fuselage is made in one piece to:

-  help in construction,

-  make building the kit as simple as possible,

-  avoid unnecessary joint lines (which ultimately could mean unnecessary mistake and misalignments of parts bringing with it need for filler – destruction of surface details . . . )

-  correct setting of wing angles

The tail stinger is an integral part of the kit as you can see from the photos and only the brake parachute cover is given as a separate part at one end and the nose cone at the other end. To make two versions of the flare units would have complicated this and it had too many cons against the pros for this version.

Best regards

Gabor

GWH Su-35S 4 S.jpg