1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

10 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

Gabor, can you release the sheet separately via the aftermarket?

I think the original goal was to provide a comprehensive decal sheet without the need for the modeler to invest in an aftermarket one.

If you want an aftermarket decal sheet, there's already the very nice begemot offering.

33 minutes ago, Inquisitor said:

I think the original goal was to provide a comprehensive decal sheet without the need for the modeler to invest in an aftermarket one.

Exactly. You got the idea!  :thumbsup:

If one provides in the kit box everything that is needed to build a good / very good kit then overall its price will be much lower in comparison to a kit where you need to buy different aftermarkets, resins, etch, decals . . .  to achieve the same level of quality!

This was one of the main goals with this kit!

This is why I way pushing to make the decal sheet to the same level or much better than any future or present aftermarket ones. But this is why so much detail was put into the cockpit, into the gear bays, weighed wheels, engine exhaust . . .    For example the design of the wheels, where you have the “rubbers” separate from the axel/brake so that there is no need to buy separately masks to paint them properly.

Best regards

Gabor

1 hour ago, mario krijan said:

happy new year!!! Any more news?

Nothing! Sorry, but really nothing.

Basically it is a very interesting situation. The manufacturer is not making any official announcements, every now and then there is a security lapse and this or that is leaking out from the Chinese HQ.

This is all very strange from a European point of view but  . . .

strange for me from marketing point of view . . .

strange and frustrating for me as a modeller . . .

Sorry!

Best regards

Gabor

7 hours ago, Stinger16 said:

I seen On Facebook today, ammo of mig will be doing preorders very soon for the su-35

According to the email I received from AMMO today, it will be available through them 5/3/18??

GWH04820
Su-35S "Flanker E" Multirole Fighter
96,75 € 69,95 €
Estimated date / Fecha estimada05/03/2018

15 hours ago, Cliff C said:

According to the email I received from AMMO today, it will be available through them 5/3/18??

GWH04820
Su-35S "Flanker E" Multirole Fighter
96,75 € 69,95 €
Estimated date / Fecha estimada05/03/2018

Another of Mig's clever marketing schemes...

2 hours ago, flanker27 said:

seems the first batches of orders will get a special bonus tea colored canopy, limited to 2999. It also says the kit will ship within 30 days of payment within China so I guess it will be out in China soon.

WTF!!  Such a highly detailed, well engineered kit and probably the one most visible accuracy item (tinted canopy) only comes as a bonus in the first limited release. I have been anxiously waiting for this kit but is this is GWH's attitude then I probably won't get it. I'm not going to buy this level of quality in a kit but then have to struggle to tint the canopy. I've raised this issue from the beginning with Gabor.. It makes absolutely no sense to me not to include the tinted (accurate) canopy

Edited by Falcondriver
Spelling

The tinted canopy that is a bonus item for this GWH release may be too dark, just like other plastic tinted canopies.  It is up to the modeller to learn to tint their canopies, or need transparent wrap that can place on top of the canopy, like those found in the mig-31 windscreen tint from Furball aero design.

I can only repeat what I have written before. The question of tinted canopy was obvious to the design team and made clear to the manufacturer. Any decision about it are up to the manufacturer!  We can only reccomend.

The whole question is complicated by the fact that only the cockpit canopy, the opening part is tinted on the real aircraft. The windscreen is a clear part. What this involves for the kit is that one would need two sets of transparent parts to be 100% accurate.

In discussions about the tinted canopy many people have raised the issue of another manufacturer who offered a second set of transparent sprues (one tinted, one clear). It was quoted by many as a perfect solution and one that everyone else should follow.  

I have to add that in case of the MiG-31 the front (flat) part of the windscreen is an armoured layered glass which is completely transparent! So if you want to be completely accurate then one would have to have a very complicated sprue with a separate completely clear central part as well as the tinted parts. One important difference is that in case of the MiG-31 the TINT of the canopies is due to the type of glass used in manufacturing the canopy, which with time will tint, go yellowish colour (every aircraft has a different degree of tint!!!). The canopy of the Su-35 is manufactured in a tinted form from the start.

Best regards

Gabor    

9 minutes ago, Alpagueur said:

sorry but I still can't understand the need of a further Su-35 with the Kitty Hawk kit out there...

Try to remove your customer shoes and put the producer shoes.

1) the KH Su-35 doesn't bring any money to GWH

2) it takes more than a year to research, design and produce a kit... and producers often don't announce their projects... "collisions" are inevitable

3) Chinese (PRC, Macau, HK, Taiwan) producers seem to be keen on fighting each other