1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

3 hours ago, Laurent said:

Yeah but will they break even ?

Well, I certainly hope they do, and make a profit. Not really anything I can do to help with that, except by their kit's.

Edited by B.Sin
6 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

sorry but I still can't understand the need of a further Su-35 with the Kitty Hawk kit out there...

Seriously? I can agree with that thought if it is in regards to more  Bf109 samples and Panther A,D,G kits but the Kittyhawk Su35 is one of a kind. They didn't exactly produce a "refined" kit either. You can tell by the test shots of the GWH Su35 that they have done their homework and are bringing another (albeit more accurate) Su35 to the game. Don't get me wrong, I may buy the KittyHawk Su35 as an "early" sample of the Su35, but GWH is number 1 on my must have for the stash.

2 hours ago, Laurent said:

Yeah but will they break even ?

Why wouldn't they Laurent? GWH has a "niche" in the industry and they do not exactly overproduce their kits in quantity either. I cannot find a 1/48 F-15C MSIP II here in the states anywhere. I'm sure I'm not the only hobbyist who would like to get their hands on one. 

7 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

sorry but I still can't understand the need of a further Su-35 with the Kitty Hawk kit out there...

A very stupid question!

Why make another Spitfire IXe, a Me-109G-6, a F-104S, a Re-2000, an F-4E Phantom II or a Mustang kit? We already have them on the market!

Best regards

Gabor

2 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Seriously? I can agree with that thought if it is in regards to more  Bf109 samples and Panther A,D,G kits but the Kittyhawk Su35 is one of a kind. They didn't exactly produce a "refined" kit either. You can tell by the test shots of the GWH Su35 that they have done their homework and are bringing another (albeit more accurate) Su35 to the game. Don't get me wrong, I may buy the KittyHawk Su35 as an "early" sample of the Su35, but GWH is number 1 on my must have for the stash.

WORD.

26 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

And still no 1/48 F-15E........

WORD WORD WORD!!!  

Hahaha.  But seriously...please do the mighty Strike Eagle with all the modern bells and whistles (antennas!)

Edited by Falconxlvi
1 hour ago, Falconxlvi said:

WORD WORD WORD!!!  

Hahaha.  But seriously...please do the mighty Strike Eagle with all the modern bells and whistles (antennas!)

And....correct pylons, AESA Radar, correct Engine face and afterburner for BOTH Pratt Engines, Correct Nozzle length, Sniper Pod, Lightning strips, front gear damper, BGU-57 and SDB accessories......did I miss anything?

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
20 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

the doubt came from the fact that I have the kit KH and it seems very nice to me (I admit I'm not a great expert on su-35) but if this GWH is even more detailed so much better  ... it was not a criticism mine, I apologize if someone has misinterpreted, I just wanted to put myself in the shoes of those who maybe must buy the kit and do not know which one to choose because they are both very beautiful.

:wave:

1 hour ago, Alpagueur said:

the doubt came from the fact that I have the kit KH and it seems very nice to me (I admit I'm not a great expert on su-35) but if this GWH is even more detailed so much better  ... it was not a criticism mine, I apologize if someone has misinterpreted, I just wanted to put myself in the shoes of those who maybe must buy the kit and do not know which one to choose because they are both very beautiful.

Understood.

3 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

It depends on what's your concept for a "nice" kit.

In my dictionary I cannot describe a kit with most fictional details and obvious shape issue as a "nice" kit.

14 minutes ago, haneto said:

In my dictionary I cannot describe a kit with most fictional details and obvious shape issue as a "nice" kit.

In English I like the expression "model kit". Two independent words. "model" is about representation of a real aircraft, it's accuracy. "kit" is tooling/injection quality, detail level, ease of build. For example the 1/72 Fujimi MiG-21s are great kits but somewhat questionable models. Old HPM model kits could perhaps be an example of good model but demanding kit.

2 hours ago, Scooby said:

Is there a button on this site to switch to English? If so I’d like to order one from it. Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, No.  Even the https://world.taobao.com/ has no option to show English when you select your region as "United States".

The only method is to use google translate on the top right corner of the Chrome. 

Some points that must be noted if you able to register the account (which require your phone no.) and able to make the order:

1. Ensure the user knows how to ship internationally, because most orders are local shipping, or to regions in Asia only.

2. The amount includes the shipping cost.  This is because I found out for HK orders, the seller may defer shipping charges, and you paid the courier (SF express) when you received the goods.

3.  The exchange rate of your credit card on USD to yuan.  Very important.

4.  Any service charge on customs clearance for overseas order.

Sounds like a hassle isn't it?  Well, that's why online and brick n' motor shops still exists and not be consolidated by giants such as Taobao or Alibaba. I just gave the link to give you idea for comparison.

But I agree with one thing, this hobby is starting to get very expensive.

19 hours ago, haneto said:

hi haneto, apparently the KH kit has no shape problems and excellent and very fine panels,  differentiated armament etc. so I wondered if and where GWH could improve