1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

A small bit of news. But I am sure you have all seen it on other sites already. If not here it is:

Here are few images of what will be in the box. What the paint instruction looks like and that special bonus for the first set of production kits.

iS1MTgm.jpg

2Gwgpzu.jpg

The question of tinted canopies has been raised so many times before. Yes, the canopy is tinted on the real aircraft while the front windshield is clear. Over the past year we had discussed this many times, how this can be reproduced on the kit. My original suggestion back in early 2017 was to have both types of sprues for the kit so that the real canopy can be reproduced authentically on the kit with a clear windshield and a tinted canopy. There were many other options to this.

Well there is a good and a bad news. The good news is that as a bonus two sprues are going to be provided, a tinted and a clear version. :woot.gif: 

The bad news is that it will apply only to the first batch of kits. Don’t ask me. I would love to have them both for every kit. But it is not my money and not my company so . . . :crying:

wImxOm2.jpg 

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
6 hours ago, cvn76 said:

Why the model becomes a mess?

If it's different from the CAD, it is a cheat

Just recieved confirmation pictures from GWH.

All issues have been fixed so final plastic parts will be same as CAD data.

Buy with confidence!

10 hours ago, Scooby said:

The canopy exclusion in later production kits is a poor decision by GWH.

I totally agree with you Scooby. In fact I'd say it's a lame, senseless lazy excuse! I for one was really anxiously awaiting this release . This canopy issue by GWH has put me off totally from this kit. Look how easily Tamiya did it with the F-16. I have tinted many canopies in my life, and it's a pain, but with a kit like this it should not at all be necessary. As the customer I would have gladly paid what it might have cost to include the CORRECT canopy (The real Su-35s canopy is NOT clear!). It's not even a tooling issue, it's only the color of the material. Pathetic in my own opinion. A real shame that such a simple thing could not be included as standard throughout. Or at least offer a more expensive kit like Eduard with their Profipack releases for people who prefer ALL correct parts included without having to correct it themselves.

Edited by Falcondriver
Content

I fully understand your concerns. (or not)  So the kit is unbuildable because of this extremely serious “issue”?

Sorry to hear that we lost one customer! :crying:

The front windshield is completely clear glass on the real aircraft!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

I fully understand your concerns. (or not)  So the kit is unbuildable because of this extremely serious “issue”?

Best regards

Gabor

This is extremely petty, childish and uncalled for. Especially since you said yourself, and i quote;

14 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Don’t ask me. I would love to have them both for every kit. But it is not my money and not my company so . . . :crying:

Best regards

Gabor

On 1/11/2018 at 7:43 PM, Jeffrey said:

Unfortunately, No.  Even the https://world.taobao.com/ has no option to show English when you select your region as "United States".

The only method is to use google translate on the top right corner of the Chrome. 

Some points that must be noted if you able to register the account (which require your phone no.) and able to make the order:

1. Ensure the user knows how to ship internationally, because most orders are local shipping, or to regions in Asia only.

2. The amount includes the shipping cost.  This is because I found out for HK orders, the seller may defer shipping charges, and you paid the courier (SF express) when you received the goods.

3.  The exchange rate of your credit card on USD to yuan.  Very important.

4.  Any service charge on customs clearance for overseas order.

Sounds like a hassle isn't it?  Well, that's why online and brick n' motor shops still exists and not be consolidated by giants such as Taobao or Alibaba. I just gave the link to give you idea for comparison.

But I agree with one thing, this hobby is starting to get very expensive.

As much as I am tempted, I'm reluctant to place an order due to the language barrier. Sad but true in this case.

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

So, for clarification, the initial 2,999 will have both canopies and after that only the clear?

I can live with that if it is the case.

As far as I know YES.  3000 kits is a nice number I would say!

Best regards

Gabor

8 hours ago, Piker38 said:

Dunno if you 'd be happier buying from Europe, but here's one trustworthy supplier, upfront with shipping etc.

http://www.migjimenez.com/en/preorder/1437-su-35s-flanker-e-multirole-fighter.html

I have no links - just a satisfied customer.

Pre-order with no known release date? Speaking from personal experience, I'll always order from Asia before the EU for kits. For 1/48 scale accessories however, 48ers.com is my EU favorite and a reliable vendor.

20 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor, I currently own a whole pile of GWH kits!!  My concern was a totally legitimate one. Your sarcasm is totally uncalled for and utterly unprofessional!