1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

9 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

so if there are both tinted and clear versions, one can presume its a 2 piece canopy and thus an accurate untinted front and tinted rear can be made

Yes the canopy is made of 2 parts so you can reproduce the tinted canopy of the real aircraft by combining the two sprues.

Ywi8vDh.jpg

Of course we will always have people for whom nothing is good and they will work very hard to try to find something where they can attack any kit which is released. They are also welcome! :D

We will have people who don’t like the tinted canopy! I am sure of this! If one looks at photos of the real aircraft, all sorts of tint will be visible depending on:

-  the time of day the photo was taken

-  on the background

-  the angle from which it was made . . .

There is always a chance for them to paint the tint on the clear canopy or forget about the whole thing and use the clear parts as they are.

Oh yes, I am not sure if the box art has been shown or not. Here it is.

DkstfFF.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

8 hours ago, Type 40 said:

Get off your high horse, for God's sake.  You're a victim, we get it.

It's absolutely clear to me as to why this forum is dying.

The internet is like this today. Full of white knighting, people getting offended for the smallest of things, or getting offended on other people's behalf.

Parents letting their children throw tantrums for petty things and catering to their every whim, because they have to be protected from the cruel world outside.

Sorry but I'm not sorry when I hear people say they won't buy something or it's unbuildable because they didn't include one single detail, like a second tinted canopy or a pilot figure or a second set of wings, etc.

What's next? mods getting offended on members behalf and ban people for good/bad criticism in a WIP or Display Case post like another modeling forum?

Edited by Inquisitor
On 2018-01-13 at 4:17 AM, Berkut said:

This is extremely petty, childish and uncalled for. Especially since you said yourself, and i quote;

Agree, Gabor was very upset about the decals and the release of some images.

I respect his work on this project, I am shocked by his replies.

10 hours ago, Falcondriver said:

Gabor, I currently own a whole pile of GWH kits!!  My concern was a totally legitimate one. Your sarcasm is totally uncalled for and utterly unprofessional!

I also have a pile of GWH kits. I also don’t feel either you or I said this kit was unbuildable with only the clear canopy.

I stand by my previous comment, that this is a poor decision by GWH. Given that they are a company that has listened to discussion forums in the past, I hope they listen now.

If I have a modeling weakness it is at tinting canopies. Perhaps this is due to not needing to do it often. I want this kit with the tinted canopy, now I have to guess which vendor will get kits from the first batch. I’ll be ordering one, I don’t know what will be included until I receive it.

At least with the Tamiya Corsairs you knew which vendors had the clear cowling ( which I had very little interest in).

On 2018-01-13 at 5:10 AM, Piker38 said:

Of course, those people so very concerned about the canopy 'issue' could simply order the kit now, to ensure they get one of the first production batch - as I have just done...........

Which vendor? MIG? HLJ, Lucky? 

7 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Which vendor? MIG? HLJ, Lucky? 

I just pre-ordered from HobbyEasy, $62USD plus $12.82 AIR shipping to the US.  About $75 USD shipped to the US is not a bad deal at all for this bad boy and to ensure I get both canopies.

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/2gtw7pte7yawsgorv9kb.html

Edited by Fighting Eighty-Four
12 minutes ago, Fighting Eighty-Four said:

I just pre-ordered from HobbyEasy, $62USD plus $12.82 AIR shipping to the US.  About $75 USD shipped to the US is not a bad deal at all for this bad boy and to ensure I get both canopies.

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/2gtw7pte7yawsgorv9kb.html

Why are you sure it will be the special edition kit? Really would be nice to know who is actually going to get them.

Hobbyeasy rocks! Service is always excellent, and often much cheaper shipping than Luckymodel.

Any aftermarket decals available for this aircraft? I like the splinter camo schemes that I've seen online.

32 minutes ago, ching kuo said:

In hobbyeasy and luckymodel is not a special edition but in HLJ and Hobbysearch 1990 it is.

Could you please explain how you came to this conclusion ? The idea that GWH would produce two boxings in parallel doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

Agree, Gabor was very upset about the decals and the release of some images.

I respect his work on this project, I am shocked by his replies.

On the Internet....nothing shocks me anymore, but I won't lose it over Gabor's frustrations. I look forward to getting the kit whenever it arrives and with whatever decals/canopy etc it has.

2 hours ago, ching kuo said:

In hobbyeasy and luckymodel is not a special edition but in HLJ and Hobbysearch 1990 it is.

if you were right, it would mean that the tinted canopy would cost something like 20USD extra per kit... as hobbyEasy pre-sells theirs around 62 USD when HLJ/1999.JP offers their for 82... shipping options are slightly cheaper also from HK...

i have pre-ordered mine yesterday at HobbyEasy, and since i'm planning to build Airframe 901, the tinted canopy issue is not a deal breaker for me.

Edited by mingwin
2 hours ago, ching kuo said:

2 hours ago, Mstor said:

Why are you sure it will be the special edition kit? Really would be nice to know who is actually going to get them.

1 hour ago, Laurent said:

Could you please explain how you came to this conclusion ? The idea that GWH would produce two boxings in parallel doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Yeah, I would like to know this as well.  I just assumed all of the first boxings would have both canopies.  This is the first time I have heard otherwise.

Anyone know anything more about this that can explain clearly how to tell?

6 minutes ago, mingwin said:

if you were right, it would mean that the tinted canopy would cost something like 20USD extra per kit... as hobbyEasy pre-sells theirs around 62 USD when HLJ/1999.JP offers their for 82... shipping options are slightly cheaper also from HK...

i have pre-ordered mine yesterday at HobbyEasy, and since i'm planning to build Airframe 901, the tinted canopy issue is not a deal breaker for me.

HLJ is nearly always more costly than Hobbyeasy. So, I'm not surprised in the least that their cost is 25% more.

I pre-ordered from Hobbyeasy. This pre-order is the real deal, not the "wish" from AMK for the F-14D.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
Addition