1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

39 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Well, I covered my bases (I hope) and pre-ordered from Mig and Hobbysearch. Now someone is probably going to tell me that neither of those is the special addition :doh:

I’m ordering from hobby easy right now

i got a total of  74.82 shipped with tracking

listen it makes sense all the first boxings would have 2 canopies, but keep this in  mind if you build armor remember Dragon 6730 Wittmann Tiger with crew, supposedly only first run has crew, HLJ appears to still have it years later with crew, think about it

2 hours ago, Scooby said:

Was prototype #2 the only splinter scheme aircraft?

There was also the prototype #1but different scheme and different colours. Be careful, there are several noticeable differences between prototype and Su-35 S!

PZR

3 hours ago, Scooby said:

Was prototype #2 the only splinter scheme aircraft?

I think the 3rd prototype (904) had the same or very similar scheme, at least after accident. 

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmilitaryrussia.ru%2Fblog%2Ftopic-533.html&edit-text=

Edited by Helmsman

Any preview on the tinted canopy? I hope it is not too dark in color.

Regarding the first 2999 pcs, no body knows other than GWH the first 2999 pcs.  I guess they will include the tinted canopy beyond the first 2999 orders, for the orders covering the first 3-6 months period.

12 hours ago, Cliff C said:

I believe that it is Dragon USA. They list the kits under Lion Roar.  Others may have more details.

https://www.dragonusaonline.com/Search.aspx?brand=Lion-Roar&series=Great-Wall-Hobby-Model-Kit

Cliff

I do not believe that is the case anymore. GWH was recently looking for a US distributor and Dragon USA has not received any new stock in over a year. They are still listing the Oregon NG  F-15C as a future release last April 2017, but it has never been available (it is available overseas).

Hobbysearch has changed the description of the kit to include the term "First version" and includes the picture of the two canopies, tinted and untinted. So, I think it is a pretty safe bet that their pre-order is for the special edition kit.

Saw a pic on Facebook this morning of the area behind the canopy on this model. It looked frankly terrible. Wavy lines, fading detail, poor definition on grilles and gun port detail. Awkward tooling angles I appreciate, but the wavy looking lines and fade out looked really stark.

Well surface detailing is sharp on CAD snapshots but in the end it's the plastic that's being sold, not the CAD. CNC and EDM machines may not be able to obtain "perfectly" consistent surface details. It depends on the equipment used (3-axis or 4/5-axis CNC, etc) and of course the more capable is the more expensive.

Well this is what one can expect in the box of the G.W.H Su-35S kit.

Hope you like it. :D

First of all The box

bMAr74G.jpg

main sprues

eB0bFdY.jpg

cockpit parts

dCvxIpI.jpg

Cockpit tab

SiUECSD.jpg

tires

9NsdGGc.jpg

The canopy sprue

crJvEUT.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Those longitudinal panel lines on the spine look like they were done freehand with a blunt needle. And the grilles look faded an indistinct. There's nothing here in terms of tooling quality any better or requiring less correction than the Hobbyboss Su-27 kits, which is disappointing after all the hype. 

1 hour ago, Dmanton300 said:

Those longitudinal panel lines on the spine look like they were done freehand with a blunt needle. And the grilles look faded an indistinct. There's nothing here in terms of tooling quality any better or requiring less correction than the Hobbyboss Su-27 kits, which is disappointing after all the hype. 

Wow, this is most disconcerting. I sure hope this was some sort of early test shot, maybe?

BTW, it does not look like Mig Ammo is getting the special edition kit. After placing my order I wrote them asking them to confirm that they were getting the special edition with both canopies. They had no clue and just sent me some general production run descriptions of the kit. I am canceling my order with them.

1 hour ago, Dmanton300 said:

Simple.

Because those are low resolution photos by mobile phones.

07.JPG.eda99f9415e1b44ff3b7ea85840599d3.JPG