1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

20 minutes ago, andy_e said:

Gabor,

do you by chance know if Ammo of Mig will get kits from the first batch with the tinted canopy?

Thank you for your answer,

Andy

Sorry I have no confirmation from the manufacturer.

But if you ask my opinion: Since MIG colours are given on the Painting and Markings instruction I would believe that there was a special agreement with them from the manufacturer to be one of the first on the market with this kit. Have to add that this is only my speculation. So I would most certainly expect that what they get is from the very first production batch to be able to provide the kit to customers as well as having some kind of special deal to include the MIG colours in the instruction.

If anyone then they (MIG) should know this! Have you tried to ask them?

One other thing, the first batch with tinted canopy is of 3000 kits. I would not expect them to be sold out in the first half hour of availability. This is not like the tickets for the Led Zeppelin O2 concert selling out in minutes! :D  :D  :D

Best regards

Gabor

15 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

Sorry I have no confirmation from the manufacturer.

But if you ask my opinion: Since MIG colours are given on the Painting and Markings instruction I would believe that there was a special agreement with them from the manufacturer to be one of the first on the market with this kit. Have to add that this is only my speculation. So I would most certainly expect that what they get is from the very first production batch to be able to provide the kit to customers as well as having some kind of special deal to include the MIG colours in the instruction.

If anyone then they (MIG) should know this! Have you tried to ask them?

One other thing, the first batch with tinted canopy is of 3000 kits. I would not expect them to be sold out in the first half hour of availability. This is not like the tickets for the Led Zeppelin O2 concert selling out in minutes! :D  :D  :D

Best regards

Gabor

Hi, I was directly asking you, because another poster in this thread stated that he didn't get a conclusive answer from Ammo. But I will try, and contact them myself.

Yes, another Led Zeppelin concert would be great. Didn't have the chance to see them live.

Thanks again!

Edited by andy_e
Spelling

Gabor, I posted earlier that I contacted Mig after placing and order with them. They had no idea whether they were getting the special edition kit or not. It took them a couple of days to answer my question because, they said, they were trying to find out the information. I am in the process of trying to cancel my order with them.

Edited by Mstor
14 hours ago, Mstor said:

....... I am in the process of trying to cancel my order with them.

Mstor, I suggest you go read the snotty remark Gabor made towards me earlier in this thread when I even dared mention that I might not get this kit if I can't get the accurate canopy. It's just a suggestion but don't even address him directly, his insults will just cause you unnecessary high blood pressure. I think your information is very valuable to the modellers though. Been trying to secure a few of these limited edition kits myself but no supplier could guarantee that. Let's just hope GWH sensibly decide to make it available for everyone in the end. It will be a lovely kit I think, especially with the tinted canopy 

4 hours ago, Falcondriver said:

Mstor, I suggest you go read the snotty remark Gabor made towards me earlier in this thread when I even dared mention that I might not get this kit if I can't get the accurate canopy. It's just a suggestion but don't even address him directly, his insults will just cause you unnecessary high blood pressure. I think your information is very valuable to the modellers though. Been trying to secure a few of these limited edition kits myself but no supplier could guarantee that. Let's just hope GWH sensibly decide to make it available for everyone in the end. It will be a lovely kit I think, especially with the tinted canopy 

Seriously dude.. Are you okay? Even if you want, you cannot get a GWH Su-35 without tinted canopy right now. It is clear that 1st batch of the production has both tinted and clear ones. 1 year from now you may need to think about it but if buy now it is all good. Also, frankly I agree with Gabor. if you are dropping a model because of canopy color which model can you buy? 

I just got another e-mail from Mig Ammo. They insist that they have know knowledge of the special first release with the two canopy sprues. It IS curious that GWH has made no mention of it on Facebook, but, I have no doubt that the info about the special release is accurate considering that at least two vendors are specifically advertising it.

Gabor, I was simply trying to add clarity to my earlier post. I want no part of any bickering ;-)

From what Haneto and Gabor have said (both explicitly and reading between the lines), the first production run will include a tinted canopy.  It's not a secret edition that retailers have to specifically order.  It's the entire first run, which will be 3000 kits.  It will be available for a while.  Heck, people are *still* worried about getting a first-run GWH F-15, and that came out five years ago.  If you desperately want a tinted canopy (that may or may not be accurately tinted - most kits are way too dark), buy the kit some time this year and you'll be fine.  If you somehow miss out, then add a couple of drops of ink to the Future you're going to dip the canopy into anyway (after polishing out the mold seam) and you'll have identical, if not better results.  

4 hours ago, Falcondriver said:

when I even dared mention that I might not get this kit if I can't get the accurate canopy. 

You do realize that we can still see your original posts, right?  

Personally, I can totally understand Gabor's frustration.  He and Haneto have spent hundreds of hours labouring over the kit and fighting the manufacturer to make it as perfect as possible.  They are clearly frustrated at its few shortcomings, but are proud of their efforts and the resulting kit.  They realize that commercial products always involve compromise, and that while they'd like to have an accurately tinted canopy with accurately clear windscreen, lights, etc. in every kit, it wasn't worth dying on that particular hill when they were also lobbying for other, more substantial revisions.  And this solution is a reasonable compromise: most of the modellers who are interested enough in the subject to care about the canopy will probably buy the kit as soon as it's released; it incentivizes more casual fans to buy sooner rather than later which recoups GWH's costs faster; and if or when GWH stop including tinted parts, it's much easier for the modeller to tint their own than it would be to correct the radome, or add a bunch of plugs to a too-short fuselage.

And your response was: it's "pathetic".  And "lazy".  And that it had "put (you) off totally from this kit."  Even though you are getting exactly what you want.  You want a tinted canopy.  You are getting a tinted canopy.  You're getting a tinted canopy because Gabor and Haneto convinced GWH to include a tinted canopy.  And you're still upset, smearing and hurling insults at the people who are responsible for making the kit as good as it is.

Yeah, Gabor's response was curt and snarky.  It would have been better if he'd just ignored you or reiterated his previous comment that, sorry, this was the best we could convince GWH to do.  But I can certainly understand why his frustration boiled over.

4 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Falcon, please R-E-L-A-X. The topic has settled down, no need to start throwing jabs.

You're absolutely right Mr Foley.. I did vent some frustration because I was not at all impressed by that dudes reply. But in hindsight I should have been the better man and just ignored him but I didn't and it was wrong. After all it's  just a plastic model..

If anyone is still interested in the G.W.H Su-35S kit.

Here is a quick test build of the parts. It is almost a dry build, a real Weekend build done in few hours. What do you think?

All photos by Haneto.

But first here is a bit of the fuselage after the cockpit which had some questions.

2Zx5wzv.jpg

So the kit test build

x5aWEPQ.jpg

qWIozpi.jpg

eu5uYR6.jpg

The cockpit with open canopy

LgsSXtX.jpg

DxcpZdM.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

5 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

Here is a quick test build of the parts. It is almost a dry build, a real Weekend build done in few hours. What do you think?

Wow, looks really nice to me.

Edited by Mstor
6 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

All photos by Haneto.

But first here is a bit of the fuselage after the cockpit which had some questions.

2Zx5wzv.jpg

So the kit test build

x5aWEPQ.jpg

qWIozpi.jpg

eu5uYR6.jpg

LgsSXtX.jpg

DxcpZdM.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

I want one!  ^^

14 minutes ago, neffan01 said:

Yes wondeful !!! Incredible !  Is-it possible to have the same kit in scale 1/72 ?

GWH does 1/72 stuff (F-15E/I & future F-14) so I guess it could happen if the 1/48 Su-35S sells well enough.

1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

All photos by Haneto.

2Zx5wzv.jpg

So the kit test build

x5aWEPQ.jpg

qWIozpi.jpg

eu5uYR6.jpg

LgsSXtX.jpg

DxcpZdM.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Unbuildable TRASH!!!! Kidding of course. Ooooohhhh, I can't wait!