1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

2 hours ago, Berkut said:

Yes, there are dozens of them. DOZENS! :rolleyes:

Since you assume i don't like any kit ever made, i will go ahead and assume you are unable to produce any sort of critical thinking, ever.

There might be no issue whatsoever with the angle of the exhaust. Or there might be, I don't know. If anything i would like there not to be any issues, that would mean the pictures are misleading and the kit is perfectly fine. But once again, people like you are unable to even stomach a question asking whether something is perfect or not.

Say smt good about this kit.

3 hours ago, marcinko said:

I thought you were smarter, obviously I was wrong.

It`s one thing to analyze critically and a completely different one to be a nitpicker.

Case in point above, you are not even sure there is a problem with the nozzles yet you raised it as an issue........

Hmm, hard to tell but the way exhaust sits in its normal resting position doesnt look quite right;

Neither them being at enough angle downwards or inwards. But they might be moveable or something?

+

There might be no issue whatsoever with the angle of the exhaust. Or there might be, I don't know. If anything i would like there not to be any issues, that would mean the pictures are misleading and the kit is perfectly fine. But once again, people like you are unable to even stomach a question asking whether something is perfect or not.

Pay attention.

50 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Say smt good about this kit.

The color of the clear plastic is excellent.

Warning! Subject derailment. Sort of

Any ideas what colors to use for the blue/light blue/grey camo? They seem different than that of SU-27's. Mr Paint has those colors specifically for the SU-35 but the blue and light blue dont seem correct

Edited by goondman
5 minutes ago, goondman said:

Warning! Subject derailment. Sort of

Any ideas what colors to use for the blue/light blue/grey camo? They seem different than that of SU-27's. Mr Paint has those colors specifically for the SU-35 but the blue and light blue dont seem correct

I don't know if these colors are more correct, but Ammo of Mig has just announced a set specificially for the Su-35.

http://www.migjimenez.com/en/acrylic-sets-four-colors-/1442-su-35-flanker-e-colors.html

I have no affiliation with them, just found this set as it is also available in a pre-order bundle with the kit itself.

31 minutes ago, andy_e said:

I don't know if these colors are more correct, but Ammo of Mig has just announced a set specificially for the Su-35.

http://www.migjimenez.com/en/acrylic-sets-four-colors-/1442-su-35-flanker-e-colors.html

I have no affiliation with them, just found this set as it is also available in a pre-order bundle with the kit itself.

I must be losing my mind. I completely forgot about these.... I wonder though; if they are actually based on the su-35 colors or if they're like Mig's SU-33 colors which were based on FS equivalents. Hmmmm. 

2 hours ago, goondman said:

I must be losing my mind. I completely forgot about these.... I wonder though; if they are actually based on the su-35 colors or if they're like Mig's SU-33 colors which were based on FS equivalents. Hmmmm. 

Two of the colors in the Mig set are new colors. Probably made for the Su-35. The grey (for the three tone camo) is a RAL color. They also include a fourth color to be used for the eggplant camo. It too is a pre-existing color from their line.

What exactly do you find off about the MRP paints. I have them back-ordered at Hobbyworld.

2 hours ago, Mstor said:

Two of the colors in the Mig set are new colors. Probably made for the Su-35. The grey (for the three tone camo) is a RAL color. They also include a fourth color to be used for the eggplant camo. It too is a pre-existing color from their line.

What exactly do you find off about the MRP paints. I have them back-ordered at Hobbyworld.

I went back and looked at them again. The blue does in fact look correct. But the light blue seems too dark. 

1 hour ago, MoFo said:

I would imagine that Akan will be releasing a Su-35 set to go with the kit, too.  They've already got them for the prototype aircraft.

Speaking from much experience, unless it is their Lacquer paint I would not buy Akan. Mr. Paint (MRP) does have the 3 colors available and the bottles are 2-3x larger than Akan. I bought the MRP colors back in November just to use on the GWH kit.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
3 hours ago, Pieter said:

Shot of Su-35S s/n RF-81745/57 to show the exhaust position, made during ARMY 2017 by Frank Swinkels who gave his permission to use it here

Su-35S Frank Swinkels A.jpg

What exactly is causing the color sheen on the metallic areas?

5 hours ago, MoFo said:

I would imagine that Akan will be releasing a Su-35 set to go with the kit, too.  They've already got them for the prototype aircraft.

Don't know if they'll make a new set for the Su-35 in the future, but I just recently bought their old Su-27 set 47301 and now they've added that's also for the Su-35 on the card.

20180121_204426b.jpg

edit: And looking back it was already there on another set I bought for someone in august. Maybe they even did it since KH's Su-35 release?

Edited by Inquisitor
6 hours ago, goondman said:

I went back and looked at them again. The blue does in fact look correct. But the light blue seems too dark. 

I wouldn't go by what they look like in the bottle alone. Many paints shift color some when drying. I'd have to see color swatches.

7 hours ago, Mstor said:

Thing is, AKAN's lacquer bottles contain only 10ml paint. I would wonder if you'd get enough lt blue for the whole aircraft. The Su-35 ain't a small plane.

This is not lacquer but acrylic paint. The series 7xxxx is acrylic and the 6xxxx is lacquer. Also the lacquer sets start the code with 46xx not 47xx.

10 minutes ago, nikosmeta said:

This is not lacquer but acrylic paint. The series 7xxxx is acrylic and the 6xxxx is lacquer. Also the lacquer sets start the code with 46xx not 47xx.

Then its 15ml of paint, still not a lot. They do also have a lacquer set just like the one pointed out above. Its number 46301. It too states Su-27/35.

8 hours ago, Mstor said:

I wouldn't go by what they look like in the bottle alone. Many paints shift color some when drying. I'd have to see color swatches.

I think we could say the same for just about any color. We paint model, glosscoat, decal, seal and flatcoat. Each of those steps (regardless of sequence after aplying paint) are going to change the color. Add weathering and you have altered it further. I try to stick with paints that are "supposed" to be the color and have a scale effect but the reality is that as long as the color is close, nobody can tell the difference.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
50 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I think we could say the same for just about any color. We paint model, glosscoat, decal, seal and flatcoat. Each of those steps (regardless of sequence after aplying paint) are going to change the color. Add weathering and you have altered it further. I try to stick with paints that are "supposed" to be the color and have a scale effect but the reality is that as long as the color is close, nobody can tell the difference.

I with you. Close is good enough for me. Unless I can stand right next to the aircraft in sunlight (which never happens ;-), I'd never be able to say for sure which color is the exact match. Photos lie.

19 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Speaking from much experience, unless it is their Lacquer paint I would not buy Akan. Mr. Paint (MRP) does have the 3 colors available and the bottles are 2-3x larger than Akan. I bought the MRP colors back in November just to use on the GWH kit.

Offtopic, but could you please explain why you wouldn't buy Akan acrylics? Is it due to the size of the bottles, or something else?

Thanks for answering in advance!

6 hours ago, Mstor said:

Then its 15ml of paint, still not a lot.

It's the same as a bottle of Model Master, or a tin of Humbrol.

Tamiya and Gunze bottles are 10mL.

If you're airbrushing, both should definitely be more than enough to paint a single aircraft.

1 hour ago, andy_e said:

Offtopic, but could you please explain why you wouldn't buy Akan acrylics? Is it due to the size of the bottles, or something else?

Thanks for answering in advance!

Adhesion issues. On a primed surface the stuff just doesn't stay down. I've tried many thinners and thinned ratios and it is a pain. I will not use it again....

Akan Lacquer paints are awesome. Thin those with any cellulose based mild thinner and they go down smooth as silk and stay down.