1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

On 1/31/2018 at 9:53 AM, goondman said:

What the....! Hobby Easy etc are still saying pre order!

Check the delivery dates closely on the eBay listings.  They look like pre orders to me with delivery estimated in the second half of February. 

Cliff

18 minutes ago, goondman said:

Good point. Didn't notice that 

I didn't order one from the eBay seller, I think they are in stock based on the posted images. I think those dates are standard for international shipping. Normally sellers will put pre-order in their listing.

2 minutes ago, Scooby said:

I didn't order one from the eBay seller, I think they are in stock based on the posted images. I think those dates are standard for international shipping. Normally sellers will put pre-order in their listing.

Yes exactly

I just got the Kit today.  It came with a huge thick box.  Just make sure no delicate parts are broken.  Mine has part 43 broken (some longish piping for the front wheel wells) into two, other parts are fine.

Oh, I also got the "tinted" canopy, which appears to me tinted too light in color.

Edited by Jeffrey
1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

I just got the Kit today.  It came with a huge thick box.

You bought it from a shop or it's a sample (I'm asking to know if the kit is in full production) ? How big is the box (length+width+height < 90cm for Small Packet airmail) ?

Hi Laurent,

I bought it from TaoBao and it is my first time buying a kit from there.  However, I think the safest option is with HobbyEasy or LuckyModel, which also has the lowest price.

The box dimensions are W x L x H = 33cm x 46cm x 11cm

It is just the sprues of the intake trunk, exhaust, gear bay pipes all pack together in the same bag that may cause some damage during shipment.  And the box has left over spaces.

Here are some photos of the kit:

DSC05696_zpszsabrkcu.jpg

DSC05697_zpsuwzcmkhc.jpg

DSC05698_zpsh9dxqldn.jpg

DSC05702_zpsfvwqm5x6.jpg

DSC05699_zps69onqt7s.jpg

DSC05700_zpsvwhvrwlc.jpg

I just hope GWH will release a 1:48 su-27 which has more possibilities in weathering, camoflague and decal options.

Edited by Jeffrey

Gabor, can you take some photos of the same areas? Something seems odd about this. Like it is test shot quality or perhaps some bad shots made it into the hands of some who are jumping on a some easy money.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley

Jeffrey, thanks for posting those pics. That's the reason why I generally do not do pre-orders and I prefer to wait until the plastic is out to the public before spending my valuable money. If that's the norm, I'm probably gonna pass on this kit. Hopefully, it's not the norm and you just got some bad QC. 

Hope is not lost kid's! GWH has retooled and corrected mistakes on previous kits, like the MiG-29 and the F-15. They really have to shake up their quality control team. I'm curious to see what they will say about this, and I'm sure they will do what they can to fix it. This should never have happened!

19 minutes ago, modelingbob said:

Jeffrey, thanks for posting those pics. That's the reason why I generally do not do pre-orders and I prefer to wait until the plastic is out to the public before spending my valuable money. If that's the norm, I'm probably gonna pass on this kit. Hopefully, it's not the norm and you just got some bad QC. 

WORD.