1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

Just got mine from Sprue Brothers. Holy freakin' awesome detail Batman! To answer some of the questions that have been recently floated, it does come with both clear and tinted canopies. The canopies do have that seam line on the top, which I am confident can be carefully sanded down, but there will probably some minor distortion due to what has been discussed as far as how the plastic is injected, etc. I forget.

The panel lines are little soft in some area, yes, but nothing a scriber and some basic modeling skills can't fix.

Other than that, it is a very solid kit. Job well done to all of those involved. 

20 hours ago, Raptor01 said:

I have both Kitty Hawk issues & the GWH kit, they all all nice and will build up nicely.  Nearly finished with this beast, the Hobby Boss Fullback, awesome kit too.

John

3zOV4nC.jpg

Hi Raptor01! Did you modify its nose cone and how did you do it or you didn't because it looks fine for you? I also have that kit but has been sitting in my  stash collecting dust because the nose cone just looks off to me.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

At least it is an easy fix if indeed those parts are the correct match. I have not bought the kit yet to compare myself.

Pick up the kit Mat, just received mine,

It really is amazing! And the panel line on the upper forward fuselage, the one in question, it doesn't look that bad in person.

4 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

It really is amazing! And the panel line on the upper forward fuselage, the one in question, it doesn't look that bad in person.

Ok you sold me! Word to your mother...brother.

15 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

filled with sprue wire and Tamiya green cap. Then engraved new line.

41159674881_079c074d77_b.jpg

2 hours ago, Raptor71 said:

40261367215_2a5031bd6d_b.jpg

little problem?

Yes the pylon pins simply do not match the missiles.

Because the missile mold was made years ago by the mold factory who made the MiG-29 kit.

The Su-35 kit mold was tooled by another mold factory.

The old mold factory did not provide the FINAL version of the missile CAD design, so the new mold factory did not make the correct install pins to match the missiles CAD.

And since missile molds have already been removed to mass production mold factory, the Su-35 mold factory had no way to test fit the missiles on their pylons.

It was me, the first one in the world noticed these stupid mistakes during my assembling the full kit in this Feb and I have summarized all assembling tips here.

But unfortunately seems little people paid attention or showed interest.

http://www.moxing.net/2018/0206/8690.html

Many mess of the kit happened by such ridiculous reasons which could be avoided if only anyone could test build ALL the parts.

But sadly due to tight schedule it did not happen, which caused many imperfections of this kit, to be frankly speaking.

Meanwhile this Su-35 is still among one of the best researched 1/48 aircraft models so far.

Once you actually build it and compare it to the really Su-35 photos, I believe you will just smile like I did.

Yufei

Edited by haneto
4 minutes ago, haneto said:

Sì i perni pilone semplicemente non corrispondono i missili.

Perché lo stampo missile è stato fatto anni fa dalla fabbrica di stampo che ha fatto il kit di MiG-29.

Lo stampo kit di Su-35 è stato ingannato da un altro stampo fabbrica.

La vecchia fabbrica di stampo non ha fornito la versione finale del missile, in modo che la nuova fabbrica di stampo non ha fatto la corretta installazione perni per abbinare i missili.

E poiché missili stampi sono già stati rimossi per massa stampo fabbrica di produzione, la fabbrica stampo Su-35 non ha modo di testare adattare i missili sulle loro piloni.

Ero io, il primo al mondo nel mondo notato questi stupidi errori durante il mio montaggio del kit completo in questo febbraio e ho riassunto tutti i suggerimenti di assemblaggio qui.

Ma purtroppo sembra poco la gente prestato attenzione di interesse mostrato.

http://www.moxing.net/2018/0206/8690.html

Molti mensa del kit è accaduto da tali ragioni ridicole, che potrebbero essere evitati se solo qualcuno potesse testare costruire tutte le parti.

Ma purtroppo a causa di tempi ristretti non è successo, che ha causato molte imperfezioni di questo kit, per essere francamente.

Nel frattempo questo Su-35 è ancora tra uno dei più ricercati modelli di aerei 1/48 finora.

Una volta che effettivamente costruire e confrontarla con la realtà Su-35 foto, credo che sarà solo sorridere come ho fatto.

Yufei

I agree. This is an extraordinary kit. There are many small flaws to correct, but overall it is almost a pleasure to fix it.

-Simon

Slightly off topic, but I would love to see Great Wall hobby to an F-35 series. If they produced it with the same quality as the Su-35, it should be spectacular!

Edited by B.Sin