1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

3 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Slightly off topic, but I would love to see Great Wall hobby to an F-35 series. If they produced it with the same quality as the Su-35? it should be spectacular!

Word. We will see a lot of the F-35 over the coming decades. Alternatively, at least give us a F-15E series (SA & SG & K). Minimal tooling perhaps?

32 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Word. We will see a lot of the F-35 over the coming decades. Alternatively, at least give us a F-15E series (SA & SG & K). Minimal tooling perhaps?

I don't know about you Matt, but I don't have too many decades left!  Bahahaha

5 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

What brand of paint are you using there...Dude?

I'm using the akan paints and so far so good. I'm used to enamels but they had the colors that looked the closest to what looked correct. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

it was AKAN acrylic 7xxxx series. I thinned it with Tamiya acrylic thinner x20 and it worked pretty good.

Be careful handling the model. Some of the paint is bound to come off unless sealed.

6 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Be careful handling the model. Some of the paint is bound to come off unless sealed.

lol, yeah i noticed that but luckily it touches up real easily. I was able to blend in some of the smaller oops with a fine paint brush and airbrush the rest.

Just now, B.Sin said:

It's a shame testors model Master discontinued so many of their colors. Never had any problems with them.

I agree. That's what I usually use on a regular basis. The flanker colors from Testors seemed to be darker than the AKAN paint for this particular model unfortunately.  

5 hours ago, haneto said:

Yes the pylon pins simply do not match the missiles.

Because the missile mold was made years ago by the mold factory who made the MiG-29 kit.

The Su-35 kit mold was tooled by another mold factory.

The old mold factory did not provide the FINAL version of the missile CAD design, so the new mold factory did not make the correct install pins to match the missiles CAD.

And since missile molds have already been removed to mass production mold factory, the Su-35 mold factory had no way to test fit the missiles on their pylons.

It was me, the first one in the world noticed these stupid mistakes during my assembling the full kit in this Feb and I have summarized all assembling tips here.

But unfortunately seems little people paid attention or showed interest.

http://www.moxing.net/2018/0206/8690.html

Many mess of the kit happened by such ridiculous reasons which could be avoided if only anyone could test build ALL the parts.

But sadly due to tight schedule it did not happen, which caused many imperfections of this kit, to be frankly speaking.

Meanwhile this Su-35 is still among one of the best researched 1/48 aircraft models so far.

Once you actually build it and compare it to the really Su-35 photos, I believe you will just smile like I did.

Yufei

Didn't know this existed. Thanks Yufei!

13 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Didn't know this existed. Thanks Yufei!

Given that the site is Chinese, unless you read the language, difficult to run into it :)

Thanks Yufei !

Edited by Laurent
13 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

GWH has F-15K. It is under the name of d-corporation and with some academy weapons. And I am sure F-15E will be released too. We already have F-15I. 

15 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

F-15SG would be nice. I have refs!

Mark

7 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

GWH has F-15K. It is under the name of d-corporation and with some academy weapons. And I am sure F-15E will be released too. We already have F-15I. 

I've been tempted to order the D-Corp Eagle, but I already have a Wolfpack conversion in the stash with 2 Revell kits. A more 'contemporary" Mudhen with AESA radar etc would be a good fit for GWH to market and I would jump on one immediately.

24 minuti fa, habu2 ha detto:

Così è il missile è troppo lungo o troppo corto il pilone ???

Schermata 2018-04-02 alle 17.29.31

:monkeydance:

Il foro ed il perno di fissaggio posteriore non corrispondono.

You can remove the rear pin, or make a hole in the right position on the missile and eventually close the remaining hole

Edited by Raptor71
added photo
2 hours ago, habu2 said:

So is the missile too long or is the pylon too short ???

:monkeydance:

The answer to your question is (D) None of the above, if we will be following the regular multiple choices sequencing in our examination papers.  Coz it's just the pin (one of the pins) that is in the wrong location....

1 hour ago, flybywire said:

The answer to your question is (D) None of the above, if we will be following the regular multiple choices sequencing in our examination papers.  Coz it's just the pin (one of the pins) that is in the wrong location....

In the spirit of multiple choice, plese select from the following choices:

1. the front pin is in the wrong location
  2. the rear pin is in the wrong location
  3. the front hole is in the wrong location
  4. the rear hole is in the wrong location
  5. all of the above
  6. none of the above
  7. 1 & 4 only
  8. 2 & 3 only
  9. Thursday

We will be grading on a curve......