4. the rear hole is in the wrong location
  5. all of the above
  6. none of the above
  7. 1 & 4 only
  8. 2 & 3 only
  9. Thursday

We will be grading on a curve......

The correct answer is #5

As long as you are fixing the problem, you might as well fix the problem and position the missile correctly.

Alamo_position_zpsydcp3l9s.jpg

:cheers:

31 minutes ago, Zactoman said:

The correct answer is #5

As long as you are fixing the problem, you might as well fix the problem and position the missile correctly.

Exactly.  As flippant as my attempt at humor was, it was obvious to me that there was more going on here than a mis-located pin or hole. The correct position of the missile on the launcher, regardless of where the molded pins or holes are or aren't located, is what's important.

Thanks for the clarification Z-man!  :thumbsup:

Su 2018/03/04 at 4:06, Zactoman detto:

La risposta corretta è # 5

Finché si fissa il problema, si potrebbe anche risolvere il problema e posizionare il missile in modo corretto.

Alamo_position_zpsydcp3l9s.jpg

Interesting. If the tip of the pylon must protrude beyond the wings, the rear part will not fit in any way. Is the pylon short? Or is it correct but is the back wrong?

26386832367_7279c826cb_b.jpg

Edited by Raptor71
1 hour ago, Raptor71 said:

Interesting. If the tip of the pylon must protrude beyond the wings, the rear part will not fit in any way. Is the pylon short? Or is it correct but is the back wrong?

I don't have the kit, but it appears that both the missile and pylon are ~"correct".

The rear hangers on the missile should be at the very rear of the protruding guide on the pylon. Moving the pylon forward will put the missile hangers in the correct position. This will require removing some material from the hangers or notching the guides (in reality there are no notches on the guides).

I might even recommend completely removing the guides as they are very thin and barely protrude on the real aircraft. In 1/48 there wouldn't be much there.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j145/Zactoman/w_su34_maks2009_4_zpswwrvn8y4.jpg

28 minutes ago, Solo said:

I know it, but I wish to watch work in progress of this perfect model.

Doogs builds just review build, it doesn’t look such amazing like this one.

He's actually painting and weathering both models.

Did anyone measure the diameter of nozzles on KH and GWH kit?  I was wondering if I can use AMUR REAVER nozzles on GHW kit?

Regarding the kit - so far there are obvious problems with panel lines that were already pointed out. Some rescribing of the panels will be necessary. However, a lot of effort is put into details and accuracy of them, so I still recommend this kit.

Thanks

Diameter of hull, where resin nozzle is glued is just about 1-1,5 mm wider then diameter of resin nozzle part.

I think there will be need of some sanding of plastic, but it is possible to use this AMUR nozzles.

1 hour ago, skuki said:

Did anyone measure the diameter of nozzles on KH and GWH kit?  I was wondering if I can use AMUR REAVER nozzles on GHW kit?

Regarding the kit - so far there are obvious problems with panel lines that were already pointed out. Some rescribing of the panels will be necessary. However, a lot of effort is put into details and accuracy of them, so I still recommend this kit.

Thanks

Having seen those panel lines on the actual kit  they look nowhere near as bad as those photos make them out to be. The worst thing you can say is they are not quite as nice as the rest of the kit. 

1 hour ago, a4s4eva said:

Having seen those panel lines on the actual kit  they look nowhere near as bad as those photos make them out to be. The worst thing you can say is they are not quite as nice as the rest of the kit. 

Then we must have different criteria.

I am mainly referring to the panel lines on the front part of the fuselage, near and around cockpit. Quite a few are very thin, shallow, with "water details", not as crisp as other parts of the kit. Also, rivets (bolts, fasteners or whatever)  are so shallow on some parts that you can barely see them, especially on those bare metal panels where the gun is. There I've tried to re-rivet every hole with the pointed tool, but it was so barely visible that I've messed everything up. In the end, I've filled and sanded everything away and made rivets with the rosie the riveter by myself. I've spent hours re-scribing the panel lines, and of course, as usual, the scriber went off the line so I had to fix/fill that also. There is a seam line where the parts of the fuselage join (vertical one, that starts about where the front windscreen ends) and it goes over the horizontal panel line which wouldn't be a problem if the panel line continues, but it breaks the panel line so a part of it is off, just enough it needs re-working.

I don't know, but those pictures that are posted before in this topis regarding these areas, are representing exactly what I got - they are not  just "bad pictures" with "bad light" taken with the cell phone.

I'm not whining or complaining, I am only stating my own impressions.

I also think that this kit deserved more tunning on this area and that it was released too early. It doesn't follow the quality of other kit parts, and it is certainly not making any standards there.

As I said, I still recommend the kit, since it has other details very well done. Attention to details representing the real thing is astonishing. Details on the seat and cockpit are better than some resin detail sets.

I think that KH kit is not even near that. But this is the impression I got from the pictures on net since I don't have KH kit.

Edited by skuki

I also started my built thread below meanwhile Gabor already started his.

Thanks to some great help from Guangdong, I got very clear reference of PLAAF Su-35SK so mine will be a Chinese Flanker.

Since I have assembled 2 times of this kit, hope my 3rd time step by step built could give you more notes to take care.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/303533-gwh-148-su-35sk-flanker-e-plaaf-6th-division/

Good luck.

On 4/14/2018 at 11:22 AM, marcinko said:

how did he paint those engines in so many shades yet so close ?

I have been looking at his bare metal work and been trying to figure out what he did. It looks like he laid down the blue tinted shade and/or darker metal shades and then used very thin tape masks. He probably then sprayed on lighter colors and then after removing the masks probably a fine mist coat of some shade to blend the colors a bit. I don't know how many layers of color he ended up using. Lots I would think. Very well thought out. I want to try to mimic some of his technique. Would be nice if he did a build thread somewhere.