1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

6 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

For those Su-33 parts has shrinking please got to www.kineticmodel.com for replacement procedure and we can offer the new replacement and sorry for the trouble caused. 

The issue sue has been resolved with changing from outsourcing production to in house production. 

Wish I had known about this earlier. I built it as is. Wasn't up to filling in and rescribing the many effected parts. The model (which is in painting stage) still looks good. The Su-33 remains my favorite Russian jet fighter.

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

I am sorry but all I can say is:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Best regards

Gabor

I saw it listed on Hobbyeasy as being for an "Airfix" kit. :doh:

Edited by Mstor

Here's a pic of a "late" model Su-35. If you zoom in on this pic you can see that the "lines" on the nose are recessed channels. These have some sort of wire embedded in the channel and that there is a very faint raised ridge around the channel.

MAKS-2017part2-002

Here is a pic of and early pre-production aircraft. It has the same channels with the embedded wire and slightly raised ridge around it.

36567049802_2864178fa5_o

So, perhaps there is no difference between the old and new nose cones. Wonder what Quickboost is thinking? All I can think is that when the light is right, the slightly raised area around the channels looks exaggerated and makes it look like a distinct raised line.

the QB cone details looks over exaggerated even for the "early" version, here's Su-35S 901 in front view:

SANY0208.jpg

(note the the very first Su-35S had pitot boom on the cone, so, this photo depict the 901 prototype, in a more advanced stage in its life)

The radome was not changed from early to late production models! They are absolutely the same. There is a metal strip embedded in the glass fibre cone. It is an “engraved” line on the surface!

The Su-35 is still a “developing” aircraft and a lot of upgrades are added to it all the time. There are new radomes on them but the lines are the same the difference is in the material they use and the outer surface. It has NO influence on a plastic kit in any way!

The Aires “correction” is a joke but I am sure they will be able to sell many of them. This is a classic example of “let’s make something (even if it is completely wrong) people will buy it anyway no matter if they need it or if this “correction” is justified or not.”

This only raises questions about all the other “correction” parts and how authentic they are!!!

Best regards

Gabor

Here's a very close up pic of one of the "lines" on the nose cone (all credit to AMUR for this and the other early model Su-35 pic I posted). Again, this is an early Su-35, Bort red 06 I believe.

36689879276_1e69502d19_o

Edited by Mstor
18 hours ago, Mstor said:

Here's a very close up pic of one of the "lines" on the nose cone (all credit to AMUR for this and the other early model Su-35 pic I posted). Again, this is an early Su-35, Bort red 06 I believe.

36689879276_1e69502d19_o

What you said is exactly what I was thinking of after looking also at the link by Petarvu, raised ridge with a central recessed line .

Just now, Mr Matt Foley said:

Huh?

Mr. Matt Foley, 

If you read a couple of post up, someone said they're inquiry to Aries as the reason for a nose cone correction piece, was because GWH got the shape of the nose wrong. I would like to see proof of myself.

I have just asked Aires to provide anything that could help the post followers better understand where the potential issue is...

As soon as I have anything I will let you know.

Edited by Ilias

If anything, the Aires nose looks off to me. The Su-35 nose cone has a distinctive double curvature. Ya-gabor posted about this back on page 12. Going from the photo pf the Aires nose, it seems to be missing or at least not have enough of this double curvature. I don't think Ya-gabor would have purposely pointed this out if the kit nose profile was not accurately replicating it. I'll have to dig out my kit and take a look at the nose to compare it to the pics Ya-gabor posted.

Here's a link to the page where the nose shape is discussed. You have to scroll down a bit.

Thanks - just to be clear on this I am not taking anyone's side here. One can form an opinion based on the information available; and if I may this process i.e. of trying to find (or get closer to) the absolute truth is probably one of the great aspects of this hobby!!! 

Btw, I am really looking forward to receive the G.W.H. kit I have ordered...😀