Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
sda1976

1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

Recommended Posts

Great Haneto!, thanks for filling us in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh dear, this is amazing news!!!

 

I already bought the KH Su-35, and I am going to build that soon... But I will definitely be getting one of these too!  I think I will build the KH one as an early airframe (Red 05) so that it will be correct as is in box (in the eggplant scheme), and then the GWH as an in-service model in the blue camo.  :-)

 

Now if only they could do the Su-30SM/MKI/MKA/MKM next! (Hehe, one can dream, eh?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news.... hopefully we will se vanilla flanker sometimes ☺☺☺☺ Haneto please say something ☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, B.Sin said:

If you remember, I did inquire.

I'm glad I held out buying the Kitty Hawk kit. I guess patience pay's off,

I could almost cry!!!

 

 

Word!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, haneto said:

The poster was made by GWH's main domestic retailer "3G model shop" for domestic announcement so there is some spelling mistake such as SU i/o Su.

Most Chinese guys have no idea what's the difference between SU and Su, or MIG and MiG so pls ignore their ignorance.

GWH will make another official announcement worldwide in the near future so pls keep an eye on that.

 

Nozzles could be positioned at any angle freely although I insist to give fixed angle parts for parking condition and free angle for modelers to choose, they did not lisiten in my idea just to save part numbers.

 

But still as Gabor indicated the quality of this kit will be a new standard for 1/48 jet kits ever appeared.

 

So IMHO your waiting will worth every second.

 

Just so the intakes are easier to work with than the Mig-29 series and they sure as hell better not mold exhausts like KH. In other words, they better be in the rest position or at lease that should be an option. On another note,  The F-35 was available extremely quick after it was formally announced. I'm hoping for landfall in the USA in time for St. Nick.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
Add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes me extra excited about this release is that GWH has the habit of releasing many variants of the planes they make. I expect more flankers from them :D Greedy hahahahiiihi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to come up to speed: So Kitty Hawk released theirs early June, some accuracy problems, but overall well-received with good surface detail and no major shape inaccuracies. The angled nozzles not included, AMUR comes to the rescue. Then today GWH announces the same subject. No plastic to review, but the track record promises a very good / excellent kit. 

 

Is this an accurate summary of where we are? I suppose KH's sales will be undercut significantly with GWH's announcement. Also, with KH's seemingly descent kit, it does not seem like a clear win for GWH either as they will not command 100% of the 48th Su-35 market. Just trying to understand if this is where we are. Of course this is great for the buyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's all very nice and all, bbbbbut but but but when will there be decent, bog-standard Su-27 kit?? Or is there a chance this Su-35 tooling can be utilised to produce an Su-27 in the future? I have absolutely no detail knowledge of the subject so please forgive my ignorance...

Jeffrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Janissary said:

Just to come up to speed: So Kitty Hawk released theirs early June, some accuracy problems, but overall well-received with good surface detail and no major shape inaccuracies.

 

Do you know exactly what are those accuracy problems?

I am looking for any info or review regarding something of building process but found nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very sorry but this thread is about the new G.W.H  Su-35S kit. This is not a “Wish list” forum. I myself would love to see some kits from manufacturers but I think the subject here is the new G.W.H Flanker kit.

 

Fortunately the Su-35S has inherited a lot of structural details from the Su-27 family of aircraft but it is essentially a brand new airframe. To try to make a Su-27 from the new G.W.H Su-35S is an interesting challenge. As always, everything is possible, but is there sensible reason to do this? I don’t think so, there are other manufacturers producing Su-27 kit, some good, some not so good but everyone has his own taste and preferences.

 

Any speculation of future releases is just speculation, and as such there is absolutely no point in dealing with them!

 

At the moment the G.W.H Su-35S kit is approaching us at considerable speed, for now this is what is interesting. I can express hope that the modelling community will like what is in the upcoming box. I believe it is important to know that the kit was researched, prepared, designed by modellers for modellers!

 

Best regards

Gabor   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

I believe it is important to know that the kit was researched, prepared, designed by modellers for modellers!

 

If so there could be such masterpiece just like Kinetic's Su-33 designed with strong participation of many modellers with right knowledge.

Sounds really, really interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

I am very sorry but this thread is about the new G.W.H  Su-35S kit. This is not a “Wish list” forum. I myself would love to see some kits from manufacturers but I think the subject here is the new G.W.H Flanker kit.

 

Fortunately the Su-35S has inherited a lot of structural details from the Su-27 family of aircraft but it is essentially a brand new airframe. To try to make a Su-27 from the new G.W.H Su-35S is an interesting challenge. As always, everything is possible, but is there sensible reason to do this? I don’t think so, there are other manufacturers producing Su-27 kit, some good, some not so good but everyone has his own taste and preferences.

 

Any speculation of future releases is just speculation, and as such there is absolutely no point in dealing with them!

 

At the moment the G.W.H Su-35S kit is approaching us at considerable speed, for now this is what is interesting. I can express hope that the modelling community will like what is in the upcoming box. I believe it is important to know that the kit was researched, prepared, designed by modellers for modellers!

 

Best regards

Gabor   

WORD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

What makes me extra excited about this release is that GWH has the habit of releasing many variants of the planes they make. I expect more flankers from them :D Greedy hahahahiiihi 

 

5 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

That's all very nice and all, bbbbbut but but but when will there be decent, bog-standard Su-27 kit?? Or is there a chance this Su-35 tooling can be utilised to produce an Su-27 in the future? I have absolutely no detail knowledge of the subject so please forgive my ignorance...

Jeffrey

 

GWH cant really make any different versions of Flanker from Su-35S tooling. In order to make for example Su-27 they would need new fuselage, new radome, new wings, new vertical tails, probably new horizontal tails, new front landing gear and wheels, differently design of intakes (due to the FOD guard), new cockpit, new windshield, new exhaust and the list just goes on. Some pylons could be shared and maybe main landing gear. Basically any other flanker would require a completely new tool. They could use general Su-35S OML to a certain extent for Su-27, but unsure how useful that would be.

 

5 hours ago, Solo said:

 

Do you know exactly what are those accuracy problems?

I am looking for any info or review regarding something of building process but found nothing.

 

They are all described and discussed in the existing KH Su-35S thread in which you have already commented several times. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much Berkut. I guess I have to be patient and wait then, someday someone has got to make a good Su-27...

 

Cheers

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Berkut said:

 

 

GWH cant really make any different versions of Flanker from Su-35S tooling. In order to make for example Su-27 they would need new fuselage, new radome, new wings, new vertical tails, probably new horizontal tails, new front landing gear and wheels, differently design of intakes (due to the FOD guard), new cockpit, new windshield, new exhaust and the list just goes on. Some pylons could be shared and maybe main landing gear. Basically any other flanker would require a completely new tool. They could use general Su-35S OML to a certain extent for Su-27, but unsure how useful that would be.

 

 

They are all described and discussed in the existing KH Su-35S thread in which you have already commented several times. ;)

 

 

I am more of a half full guy. Overall dimensions are almost identical, weapons are already ready. All you said is obviously true hence they will need new tooling but for a designer who knows what he is doing "edits" will be easy. Their Mig-29 series, so far, has three different upper fuselages :D 

 

Anyhow, I will be satisfied even with only Su-35 as long as it is GWH I am all good. I trust them a ton!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

 

 

I am more of a half full guy. Overall dimensions are almost identical, weapons are already ready. All you said is obviously true hence they will need new tooling but for a designer who knows what he is doing "edits" will be easy. Their Mig-29 series, so far, has three different upper fuselages :D 

 

Anyhow, I will be satisfied even with only Su-35 as long as it is GWH I am all good. I trust them a ton!  

"I trust them a ton",  me too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even so, I don't believe GWH could make better Su-33 (or any other model) better then Kinetic's one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Solo said:

Even so, I don't believe GWH could make better Su-33 (or any other model) better then Kinetic's one.

Mr. Solo, don't be so sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly I wish to be wrong.

But Kinetic's kit is just too perfect...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Solo said:

Certainly I wish to be wrong.

But Kinetic's kit is just too perfect...

We will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again guys, good things come to man who waits.

Su-35 is just a sentinel battle of the family.

That's all I can disclose at the moment.

 

Let's wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×