Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
sda1976

1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, flybywire said:

The answer to your question is (D) None of the above, if we will be following the regular multiple choices sequencing in our examination papers.  Coz it's just the pin (one of the pins) that is in the wrong location....

 

In the spirit of multiple choice, plese select from the following choices:

  1. the front pin is in the wrong location
  2. the rear pin is in the wrong location
  3. the front hole is in the wrong location
  4. the rear hole is in the wrong location
  5. all of the above
  6. none of the above
  7. 1 & 4 only
  8. 2 & 3 only
  9. Thursday

We will be grading on a curve......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, habu2 said:

 

In the spirit of multiple choice, plese select from the following choices:

  1. the front pin is in the wrong location
  2. the rear pin is in the wrong location
  3. the front hole is in the wrong location
  4. the rear hole is in the wrong location
  5. all of the above
  6. none of the above
  7. 1 & 4 only
  8. 2 & 3 only
  9. Thursday

We will be grading on a curve......

I don't care who you are, that's funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, habu2 said:

 

In the spirit of multiple choice, plese select from the following choices:

  1. the front pin is in the wrong location
  2. the rear pin is in the wrong location
  3. the front hole is in the wrong location
  4. the rear hole is in the wrong location
  5. all of the above
  6. none of the above
  7. 1 & 4 only
  8. 2 & 3 only
  9. Thursday

We will be grading on a curve......

 

The correct answer is #5

 

As long as you are fixing the problem, you might as well fix the problem and position the missile correctly.

 

Alamo_position_zpsydcp3l9s.jpg

 

:cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Zactoman said:

 

The correct answer is #5

 

As long as you are fixing the problem, you might as well fix the problem and position the missile correctly.

 

 

 

 

Exactly.  As flippant as my attempt at humor was, it was obvious to me that there was more going on here than a mis-located pin or hole. The correct position of the missile on the launcher, regardless of where the molded pins or holes are or aren't located, is what's important.

 

Thanks for the clarification Z-man!  :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Su 2018/03/04 at 4:06, Zactoman detto:

 

La risposta corretta è # 5

 

Finché si fissa il problema, si potrebbe anche risolvere il problema e posizionare il missile in modo corretto.

 

Alamo_position_zpsydcp3l9s.jpg

 

:cheers:

Interesting. If the tip of the pylon must protrude beyond the wings, the rear part will not fit in any way. Is the pylon short? Or is it correct but is the back wrong?

 

26386832367_7279c826cb_b.jpg

 

Edited by Raptor71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raptor71 said:

Interesting. If the tip of the pylon must protrude beyond the wings, the rear part will not fit in any way. Is the pylon short? Or is it correct but is the back wrong?

I don't have the kit, but it appears that both the missile and pylon are ~"correct".

The rear hangers on the missile should be at the very rear of the protruding guide on the pylon. Moving the pylon forward will put the missile hangers in the correct position. This will require removing some material from the hangers or notching the guides (in reality there are no notches on the guides).

I might even recommend completely removing the guides as they are very thin and barely protrude on the real aircraft. In 1/48 there wouldn't be much there.

 

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j145/Zactoman/w_su34_maks2009_4_zpswwrvn8y4.jpg

 

:cheers:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I find any work in progress thread for this model?

Excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it, but I wish to watch work in progress of this perfect model.

Doogs builds just review build, it doesn’t look such amazing like this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Solo said:

I know it, but I wish to watch work in progress of this perfect model.

Doogs builds just review build, it doesn’t look such amazing like this one.

 

 He's actually painting and weathering both models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vaildog said:

 

 He's actually painting and weathering both models.

Word.  Got to love the Doogs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B.Sin said:

Wow.

 

Yes, indeed, WOW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone measure the diameter of nozzles on KH and GWH kit?  I was wondering if I can use AMUR REAVER nozzles on GHW kit?

 

Regarding the kit - so far there are obvious problems with panel lines that were already pointed out. Some rescribing of the panels will be necessary. However, a lot of effort is put into details and accuracy of them, so I still recommend this kit.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diameter of hull, where resin nozzle is glued is just about 1-1,5 mm wider then diameter of resin nozzle part.

I think there will be need of some sanding of plastic, but it is possible to use this AMUR nozzles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skuki said:

Did anyone measure the diameter of nozzles on KH and GWH kit?  I was wondering if I can use AMUR REAVER nozzles on GHW kit?

 

Regarding the kit - so far there are obvious problems with panel lines that were already pointed out. Some rescribing of the panels will be necessary. However, a lot of effort is put into details and accuracy of them, so I still recommend this kit.

Thanks

 

Having seen those panel lines on the actual kit  they look nowhere near as bad as those photos make them out to be. The worst thing you can say is they are not quite as nice as the rest of the kit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, a4s4eva said:

 

Having seen those panel lines on the actual kit  they look nowhere near as bad as those photos make them out to be. The worst thing you can say is they are not quite as nice as the rest of the kit. 

 

Then we must have different criteria.

 

I am mainly referring to the panel lines on the front part of the fuselage, near and around cockpit. Quite a few are very thin, shallow, with "water details", not as crisp as other parts of the kit. Also, rivets (bolts, fasteners or whatever)  are so shallow on some parts that you can barely see them, especially on those bare metal panels where the gun is. There I've tried to re-rivet every hole with the pointed tool, but it was so barely visible that I've messed everything up. In the end, I've filled and sanded everything away and made rivets with the rosie the riveter by myself. I've spent hours re-scribing the panel lines, and of course, as usual, the scriber went off the line so I had to fix/fill that also. There is a seam line where the parts of the fuselage join (vertical one, that starts about where the front windscreen ends) and it goes over the horizontal panel line which wouldn't be a problem if the panel line continues, but it breaks the panel line so a part of it is off, just enough it needs re-working.

 

I don't know, but those pictures that are posted before in this topis regarding these areas, are representing exactly what I got - they are not  just "bad pictures" with "bad light" taken with the cell phone.

 

I'm not whining or complaining, I am only stating my own impressions.

 

I also think that this kit deserved more tunning on this area and that it was released too early. It doesn't follow the quality of other kit parts, and it is certainly not making any standards there.

As I said, I still recommend the kit, since it has other details very well done. Attention to details representing the real thing is astonishing. Details on the seat and cockpit are better than some resin detail sets.

I think that KH kit is not even near that. But this is the impression I got from the pictures on net since I don't have KH kit.

Edited by skuki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also started my built thread below meanwhile Gabor already started his.

 

Thanks to some great help from Guangdong, I got very clear reference of PLAAF Su-35SK so mine will be a Chinese Flanker.

 

Since I have assembled 2 times of this kit, hope my 3rd time step by step built could give you more notes to take care.

 

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/303533-gwh-148-su-35sk-flanker-e-plaaf-6th-division/

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, haneto said:

I also started my built thread below meanwhile Gabor already started his.

 

THANK YOU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really need GWH to do a straight SU-27 now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dehowie said:

We really need GWH to do a straight SU-27 now.

 

Word. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×