1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

• 1 month later...

Great kit.

i believe the issue with the very prominent panel line on aircraft‘s spine could be solved by very subtile sandig. The width of the panel line is fine, but the front edge is a bit higher, so it makes a bigger shadow.

I have a little issue with my intake frame. There is a little dot on the louvres. Does any one have the same issue? Problem of the molds.. or is it just my kit?

124a1ph.jpg

1 hour ago, RKKA84 said:

Great kit.

i believe the issue with the very prominent panel line on aircraft‘s spine could be solved by very subtile sandig. The width of the panel line is fine, but the front edge is a bit higher, so it makes a bigger shadow.

I have a little issue with my intake frame. There is a little dot on the louvres. Does any one have the same issue? Problem of the molds.. or is it just my kit?

124a1ph.jpg

You call that an issue?

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

You call that an issue?

Yeah, modelling is probably nothing for me, since I’m usually millimetres away from throwing the kit at the wall, if i have imperfections 😉

however, that’s a prominent area and that bump is quite visible 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Solo said:

I have just received exhaust nozzles from Amigo Models.

Really beautiful kit.

Don't they make nice stuff? I have their Su-33 nozzles and they are works of Art. Now I'll have to get these too. See what you made me do? :whistle:

Nozzles for Su-33 (Kinetic) and for MiG-29 (GWH) are also amazing, I believe even those for MiG-29 are the best among them.

I am really suprised, but it is possible that all those Amigos nozzles are even better then Aires' ones.

On 6/19/2018 at 4:51 PM, Solo said:

Nozzles for Su-33 (Kinetic) and for MiG-29 (GWH) are also amazing, I believe even those for MiG-29 are the best among them.

I am really suprised, but it is possible that all those Amigos nozzles are even better then Aires' ones.

I agree 100%. But those Mig-29 parts are about $40. Pretty pricey for 1/48...but they look phenom. In 1/32 scale Zacto's Nozzles are best bar none.

NOTE: I was incorrect on the pricing. I was thinking of a different set from Amigo. By and large their pricing is quite reasonable for the quality you receive. The 48er's have them at a great price...

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
4 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

In 1/32 scale Zacto's Nozzles are best bar none.

Oh yea. I used to build only 1/32 and had a bunch of Zactoman's work. His aftermarket resin is something to behold. I remember looking at the beautiful smooth finish and exquisite detail of his Su-27 intakes. Never did build that kit though. Realized I had no room :dontknow: Oh well... that's another story :whistle:

5 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I agree 100%. But those Mig-29 parts are about $40.

I paid for those nozzles for MiG-29 only 17 euro plus shipping (divided to all items in package).

11 minutes ago, Solo said:

I paid for those nozzles for MiG-29 only 17 euro plus shipping (divided to all items in package).

Could you share where you got them?

16 minutes ago, nikosmeta said:

https://the48ers.com/resins?manufacturer=1172

Try here their service is excellent

The48ers is a great vendor. Doesn't look like they have the exhausts for the GWH kit yet, just the Kitty Hawk ones. I'm sure Ilias will get them in soon though. He is very responsive to our needs.

Yeah, we were planning to restock some of the Amigo products in the next few days and also get the new releases at the48ers.com.

As we are working on the website's pre-order functionality, we give a 10% discount in case anyone is interested in pre-ordering the set 48025-1 (simply email me and an order can be placed as soon as we receive them). Alternatively, one can buy directly from Mikhail at Amigo as already mentioned. 

the48ers.com price will be the same as the KH set https://the48ers.com/su-35-exhaust-nozzle-of-the-al-41-engine.html

Any questions let me know.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2018 at 9:03 AM, ya-gabor said:

g4fZBU0.jpg

I've just received the Su-35 kit 😄 After a long wait :)

First of all, I think it is a great model. It looks beautiful. And I also thank you Gabor for all your effort making this model a better product. However I have to say your comparison between Kinetic and GWH is not fair. I have both kits and surface details and production quality of the examples I have very much comparable. 

20180728_180502.jpg

20180728_180738.jpg

The Su-33 (J-15) I have, has no sink marks at all. Details are very sharp in both. I actually prefer the more polished finish of Kinetic as a personal preference. We are lucky to have very nice kits of Su-33 and Su-35. 

Edited by foxmulder_ms
6 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

The Su-33 (J-15) I have, has no sink marks at all.

You're lucky. Mine has plenty, like those in Gabor's pics. It's the original SU-33 kit though. Maybe they improved their processes by now.

8 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

20180728_180502.jpg

The Su-33 (J-15) I have, has no sink marks at all. Details are very sharp in both. I actually prefer the more polished finish of Kinetic as a personal preference. We are lucky to have very nice kits of Su-33 and Su-35. 

Hi Foxmulder,

Thanks for the comments and good luck with the kit!!! :winkgrin:  :winkgrin:  :winkgrin:

Concerning the Su-33 kit if you look back in the comments to the forum there was a direct letter from Kinetic stating that they have invested a lot in new machinery and the Su-33’s in production today are almost perfect and have no resemblance to what I have shown.

I only have a very early example of the Kinetic Su-33 kit :( :( and back in those times it was atrocious!!!! Unfortunately!

Best regards

Gabor

Well, the kit has some serious flaws:

- the big sinkhole on nose between the sensors. I’ve 2 kits and all have the same issue.

- the right edge of the right intake, looking from the belly, is a little shortmolded.. when installed, it doesn’t look proper. The sharp edge is too short and doesn’t close the shape of the intake.

- the prominent fat panel line on the spine, everybody talks about. Well, I tried to sand both panels to an equal level, it seems to work and the situation gets better, even the riveting remains in place.

- the MCDU (I guess?) in the cockpit is sort of ripped of. All kits I saw have the same issue with this prominent instrument. The upper knobs above the display are “ripped”, maybe during the mold release process.

but all in one, this is a nice kit. A little bit sanding here and there and it looks good 

For those Su-33 parts has shrinking please got to www.kineticmodel.com for replacement procedure and we can offer the new replacement and sorry for the trouble caused. 

The issue sue has been resolved with changing from outsourcing production to in house production. 

10 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

For those Su-33 parts has shrinking please got to www.kineticmodel.com for replacement procedure and we can offer the new replacement and sorry for the trouble caused. 

The issue sue has been resolved with changing from outsourcing production to in house production. 

Thanks for the service, 

I would rather see GWH offering this, since my issues are concerning their product;)