Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
sda1976

1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Berkut said:

I will repeat; There is also MKA, MKM and SM(E). Which are all basically the same plane. Differences between MKI/MKA/SM(E) are bare minimal, only MKM larger extra bits and pieces and even those are minimal and easily designed and tooled. There are over 500 flying around the world in those modifications, between 5 airforces.

  

Totally agreed! We definitely need the Su-30MKI/MKM/MKA/SM kit in 1/48 rather than another Su-33 or Su-34 kits.

 

No kit manufacturer have done it yet and the time is ripe! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure am glad that this thread hasn't been derailed with off-topic wish lists, as Haneto and Gabor requested.   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Berkut. MKI family would be great. Maybe instead vanilla one and double seater. 

Maybe  chinese producers dont want ti make indian things because of politics???

Edited by mario krijan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The common problem with Sukhoi family models I described here. Keep finger crossed not to get this mistake again from GWH!

 

Edited by Alex Matvey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol in four short days this thread has gone from fanboys creaming in their jeans to criticisms of perceived deficiencies - all over a marketing poster.

 

Can't wait for the onslaught of criticisms over lack of sprue shots.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017. 08. 18. at 5:58 PM, kotey said:

Never  enough the Flankers!

This is very true!

And it is good to know that there is an excellent decal sheet from Begemot in 48th scale to cover all versions so far. :worship: 

 

Since the new G.W.H Su-35S kit is dedicated to the currently operational Su-35S versions the Begemot decal sheet will be a perfect help to anyone wishing to make the earlier versions.

 

Best regards

Gabor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gabor, 

     Any idea of a release date, or when we may see some test shots?

 

Brad

         

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly said, it would be really good if GWH could improve decals sheets.

Generally Chinese companies, like Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, Kitty Hawk or GWH deliver nice kits but ruined with really, really bad decals sheets.

Regarding Su-35 it is real problem, because Begemot decals (I have just received it) are very detailed, but of low printing quality: colours sometime are not aligned, and smallest stencils looks like dots and marks rather then small writings. It does not look good.


So, when there is not good decals for Su-35 available on the market, maybe manufacturer like GWH could deliver it? Kinetic could make perfect decals for their F/A-18C (artograf), so maybe GWH could make it too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Gabor, 

     Any idea of a release date, or when we may see some test shots?

 

Brad

         

Hi Brad,

 

It is all up to the company to make an announcement. I sincerely hope that it will be made very soon! Then we will be able to say and what it even more important to show far more about the up-coming kit. Show a lot! :coolio:

 

Dear Solo,

I think I was the very first one to have the decals even before it was released at Moson 2017 and wrote about it on different forums in advance of Moson. Had a very close look at it and it is up to the high standard that one would expect from Begemot. What is important it provides a complete picture of the Su-35's till now. No kit manufacture can compete with this! 

Of course the G.W.H Su-35S kit will have its decal sheet but it will represent the current operational aircraft. To build earlier versions one will need the Begemot sheet and some conversion of the G.W.H kit to make the prototype and early test aircraft. 

 

Best regards

Gabor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

Hi Brad,

 

It is all up to the company to make an announcement. I sincerely hope that it will be made very soon! Then we will be able to say and what it even more important to show far more about the up-coming kit. Show a lot! :coolio:

 

Dear Solo,

I think I was the very first one to have the decals even before it was released at Moson 2017 and wrote about it on different forums in advance of Moson. Had a very close look at it and it is up to the high standard that one would expect from Begemot. What is important it provides a complete picture of the Su-35's till now. No kit manufacture can compete with this! 

Of course the G.W.H Su-35S kit will have its decal sheet but it will represent the current operational aircraft. To build earlier versions one will need the Begemot sheet and some conversion of the G.W.H kit to make the prototype and early test aircraft. 

 

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor, thank you for your response.

Really looking forward to this kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gabor, I was talking only about the printing quality of those Begemot's decals.

I do believe their accuracy and wide range of covered aircraft is beyond any doubt the best on the market, but this is one thing.

Second thing is the quality.

I received set with many printing carelessness and that is the fact.

I know that not everybody can afford to order their sheets in Cartograf, but some minimal level of quality should be keeped, and i think Begemot has some problems with that.

Of course my comment do not regards to all decals from this set, but it is noticeable numbers of them.


So it could be nice to have good decals just from the box of GWH's Su-35.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, habu2 said:

lol in four short days this thread has gone from fanboys creaming in their jeans to criticisms of perceived deficiencies - all over a marketing poster.

 

Can't wait for the onslaught of criticisms over lack of sprue shots.....

 

I had to change so many jeans..... you dont know half of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Solo said:

Frankly said, it would be really good if GWH could improve decals sheets.

Generally Chinese companies, like Trumpeter, Hobby Boss, Kitty Hawk or GWH deliver nice kits but ruined with really, really bad decals sheets.

Regarding Su-35 it is real problem, because Begemot decals (I have just received it) are very detailed, but of low printing quality: colours sometime are not aligned, and smallest stencils looks like dots and marks rather then small writings. It does not look good.


So, when there is not good decals for Su-35 available on the market, maybe manufacturer like GWH could deliver it? Kinetic could make perfect decals for their F/A-18C (artograf), so maybe GWH could make it too?

 

 

Pewww... Serious?? GWH decals are fantastic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GWH is generally quick. After the news of an upcoming release, it has taken couple months for previous cases. So, I expect to see this in this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't there a Hobby show in Japan next week? Maybe they'll make the official announcement there, and have some test shots on display, Maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ching kuo said:

radio silence  GWH !!

You should change batteries in your radio if it is silent!   :))))

 

Best regards

Gabor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...