1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

17 hours ago, Ratte said:

I would say GWH got the color for the radome wrong in the instructions (at least for the eggplant scheme). Neutral grey is a pretty good match - MRP makes a special paint for the radomes and dielectric panels for the Flankers but it is very, very close to Mr Colors neutral grey and comparing with photographs this seems to be a very good match.

Awesome! Thanks for the info, Ratte. 

Hey @Curt B. I have the new boxing. It has plenty of air to ground ordonance but less air to air missiles (only 4 R-73 and 2 R-77 - no R-27s which were included in the first release). The rest of the plastic is the same as the previous release. Plus it comes with markings for two eggplant schemes and one regular. I read somewhere from Haneto that GWH switched from this release on the decal manufacturer and I can only say that the decals are pretty decent (there have been plenty of complaints about GWH decals in the past). A little bit on the thick side (think slightly thinner then the new Tamiya decals) but with some of the "cover in clear and gently sand down the edges" routine they work perfectly. Hope this helps.

Edited by Ratte
7 hours ago, Ratte said:

Hey @Curt B. I have the new boxing. It has plenty of air to ground ordonance but less air to air missiles (only 4 R-73 and 2 R-77 - no R-27s which were included in the first release). The rest of the plastic is the same as the previous release. Plus it comes with markings for two eggplant schemes and one regular. I read somewhere from Haneto that GWH switched from this release on the decal manufacturer and I can only say that the decals are pretty decent (there have been plenty of complaints about GWH decals in the past). A little bit on the thick side (think slightly thinner then the new Tamiya decals) but with some of the "cover in clear and gently sand down the edges" routine they work perfectly. Hope this helps.

Hey Ratte, thanks so much!  I'm not a big fan of ordnance on jets, in particular, so if those are the only changes, I'm happy just keeping my original Su-35s and building that.  However, I DO plan on getting the yet/soon to be released GWH Su-27, based on the detail improvements I've read about here on ArcAir.  I do have an AMG exhaust nozzle upgrade set for my Su-35s, the only aftermarket/upgrade I've thus far purchased for it.  However, as build time approaches, (and who knows when THAT may be?), I may get a bug up my rear and want more detailed aftermarket stuff.  I AM excited about the new Su-27, though.

@Ratte, check your PMs.

Edited by Curt B

People were asking for this. Obviously Quinta made a set for the earlier kit of the Su-35S from G.W.H in 48th scale.

Just released for those who dont want to do all that painting. It is a question of taste.

xIDDl6D.jpg

Yu6qe37.jpg

P8Mzuuo.jpg

V7LHTSi.jpg

PjrMseP.jpg

Best regards

Gabor