1/48 - Sukhoi Su-35 "Flanker-E" by Great Wall Hobby

On 2017. 10. 14. at 11:29 PM, Deino said:

Ohhh ... and please also this one !

The version of the Su-35S from G.W.H which will be released is a pure Russian version ( the designation of Su-35S is used only for the Russian operated airframes). Too little information is available at the moment for aircraft now operated by the Chinese AF. It would be highly unwise to include any Chinese examples based on the few photos available. The Chinese version has different colours for the camouflage from the Russian blue-grey scheme. There is too much unknown about the Chinese examples and this includes the stencils too. I am not prepared to do them . . .

So for now it will be only the Russian Su-35S from G.W.H.

Best regards

Gabor

21 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

The Chinese version has different colours for the camouflage from the Russian blue-grey scheme.

Best regards

Gabor

What is that statement based on, exactly?

I have yet to see any reason to think they are not the same colors. And when it comes to your previous statement of color variations within the same color, while probably technically true - it has 0 bearing on modelbuilding whatsoever.

On 2017. 10. 21. at 5:29 AM, Stinger16 said:

What is the projected release date for this

The situation is very simple. I did the research, consulting on design, corrections, design, corrections again, and again, and again . . . in the past years on the G.W.H Su-35S project. I am here in Europe thousands of kilometres from where the actual CAD design is made, I have only limited influence from where I am. All the necessary information and even far more than that was supplied for the design, what comes out at the other end we will see.

Work is on as we speak to produce a kit for the modellers which is the best representation of the Su-35S.

Business decisions on release date, price and so are made by G.W.H. So I look forward to information on this just as much as you do! Hope you understand this.

Please remember that the G.W.H kit is of the Russian AF service Su-35S version. This is not the time or place to speak about any other versions, foreign users or the colours used by them. It is completely futile and useless to go into such debate. Time will show. :coolio:

Best regards

Gabor

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

The situation is very simple. I did the research, consulting on design, corrections, design, corrections again, and again, and again . . . in the past years on the G.W.H Su-35S project. I am here in Europe thousands of kilometres from where the actual CAD design is made, I have only limited influence from where I am. All the necessary information and even far more than that was supplied for the design, what comes out at the other end we will see.

Work is on as we speak to produce a kit for the modellers which is the best representation of the Su-35S.

Business decisions on release date, price and so are made by G.W.H. So I look forward to information on this just as much as you do! Hope you understand this.

Please remember that the G.W.H kit is of the Russian AF service Su-35S version. This is not the time or place to speak about any other versions, foreign users or the colours used by them. It is completely futile and useless to go into such debate. Time will show. :coolio:

Best regards

Gabor

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, B.Sin said:

Gabor,

Do you know if GWH will be at Telford this year?

Brad

Hi Brad,

This is an excellent question. I hope that Haneto is also reading this forum and then he will come up with an answer (my Chinese is still not that good . . .  :D :D :D ).

Yes, it is under the Shanghai Lion Roar Art Model Co.,Ltd label.

I have no idea what they will have at the show, but I would assume something similar to the Japan show. Anyway till then here is a closer look at the intake. Based on the photo, there is not much need for an aftermarket photoetch boundary layer vents.

Best regards

Gabor

GWH Su-35S 9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, B.Sin said:

Any update's ?

Hi Brad,

I can only say that work is on.

Release date is competence of G.W.H, unfortunately I cannot say anything for them. They will have to make the official announcement about it.

In the meantime I would like to show much more of the kit. Trying to persuade the manufacture to allow more to be seen. Much more of the kit!  :coolio:  Hope it works and you will get a better idea what is in stall. You must understand me, there is a lot of interesting stuff that I would like to share but need the approvement of the manufacturer. I am in a very difficult situation here!

Anyway, here is a glimpse of one of the sprues to show details in main gear box. Looks a bit empty.  But only for the moment! Waite till you see what gets into it. And what it is like when built and painted.

Best regards

Gabor

GWH Su-35S 12.jpg

On 22/10/2017 at 2:01 PM, phantomdriver said:

Assuming that lion Roar /Great North Road are all under GWH banner, then yes.. Hall #1...

Can see neither Lion Road nor GWH on the list of traders.

Great North Roads is a UK company making cast plaster pieces of scenery and buildings for diorama/AFV modelling. Nothing to do with GWH...

J

7 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Hi Brad,

I can only say that work is on.

Release date is competence of G.W.H, unfortunately I cannot say anything for them. They will have to make the official announcement about it.

In the meantime I would like to show much more of the kit. Trying to persuade the manufacture to allow more to be seen. Much more of the kit!  :coolio:  Hope it works and you will get a better idea what is in stall. You must understand me, there is a lot of interesting stuff that I would like to share but need the approvement of the manufacturer. I am in a very difficult situation here!

Anyway, here is a glimpse of one of the sprues to show details in main gear box. Looks a bit empty.  But only for the moment! Waite till you see what gets into it. And what it is like when built and painted.

Best regards

Gabor

GWH Su-35S 12.jpg

I noticed there are, on the average, 2 very prominent circular depressed (not through & through holes) areas each on parts #13, 14, 15, 23 & 24, are they normal?

22 minutes ago, flybywire said:

I noticed there are, on the average, 2 very prominent circular depressed (not through & through holes) areas each on parts #13, 14, 15, 23 & 24, are they normal?

Install holes for seperate wires/pipes which are easier to paint.

I did say that further details will follow to show what the main gear bay looks like. Sprue I has what I call all the bits and pieces. Here are many of the fine, very fine and extra fine parts like for example the control column, antennas, temperature probes, rear view mirrors . .  .  and of course all the different pipelines, fuel lines, hydraulic lines.

Provided as a separate part they give the feel of the real 3D gear bay. Where the pipes have a true round cross section and not just an inverted U shape when they are moulded integrally. More detail can be given this way and of course don’t forget that it makes painting of the parts that much easier!

Please make a note that the sprues on the photos are the very first items from the moulding machine, I would say still red hot. (OK red Silver :D ) They are test examples and some adjustment is still needed to make mould tools as perfect as possible.

Here is a glimpse of the sprue with the “small bits”.

Best regards

Gabor

GWH Su-35S 13 2.jpg

Edited by ya-gabor

Just to finish off for today here is what it all looks like when installed and painted. Remember this was a quick build to get the kit ready for the Japan show at the end of September. Sorry for the photography but I think it illustrates what it should look like.

Best regards

Gabor

GWH Su-35S 14.jpg

17 hours ago, flybywire said:

Question was about the indentations on parts C 23 and C 24. Are they normal?  The question about the depressions on the main gear box have been answered yesterday but what about the holes on the brake assemblies.

Yes, they are there on the real wheels. The main gear stationary brake assembly is provided as Parts C 23 and C 24 and they have the holes on them. The wheel frame is given as a separate part on the same frame as parts C8. Here it is highlighted with red.

The actual tyres both for main gear and nose gear are given as individual parts making painting that much easier, there is no need to invest in different masks!

The tyres are of course weighed to reproduce the shape of the real rubbers. They have all the fine surface details as on the originals.

The aim was to provide as much detail as possible in the kit. One can build a nice reproduction of the real aircraft without having to use aftermarket resin weighed wheels or mask for painting which would add a lot to the overall cost of given kit.

Best regards

Gabor

GWH Su-35S 17.jpg